Skate Canada 2023 Pairs SP - Knitting's Gonna Stop us Now

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
McMim - well, this program suits them far better than their programs last season. Still rough around the edges, IMO.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Mackintosh and Mimar - I need someone to explain the draw with these two. Is it landing jumps? Are the faster/less awkward in person? (Imho no based on nationals)

This program is so... Mid-ranked Canadian pair from 1995-1998.

Omg that was David Wilson AND Sandra Bezic? Talk about necessary term limits....

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I was surprised at this music selection for them, because Brooke has never been the strongest at emoting or acting, and this music really demands some sass.

Definitely a lot of work to do still, but she seemed to be having fun with it.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
:lol: it's because each component is worth 1.33 rather than 1/3, so it doesn't equal 4.
What gets me, is that to come to this decision, there was likely a debate to keep the max score clean and just have weights that are uneven by a hundredth of a point. Instead, they valued the purity of equally weighted PCS. They literally made PCS weirder in order to avoid making a seemingly arbitrary value statement.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Wooo, Ben is a rock star. You can tell he loves the music. Brooke isn't quite as expressive as him and she seems a little gawky. Hope she can become more of a diva with more "presence" as the season goes on....

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I think maybe his 3T got a second look and was under? TES dropped, I think, and I wondered if he was around far enough.

Desperado

Mackintosh and Mimar - I need someone to explain the draw with these two. Is it landing jumps? Are the faster/less awkward in person? (Imho no based on nationals)

This program is so... Mid-ranked Canadian pair from 1995-1998.

Omg that was David Wilson AND Sandra Bezic? Talk about necessary term limits....
For a brief moment they reminded me of Hough & Ladret.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I don't know if I like this music, or only like it in comparison to what we've been subjected to thus far.

If this was a junior-level competition, that would have been fantastic.

I could listen to Mark speak forever. The fact that I can't understand him is quite frankly a bonus.

Sally1214

Excited about Brooke and Ben! :cheer2: Don't care about the placement .... that was a darn good skate for them. Gosh, the shade of her dress was gorgeous.

eta: Of course, it always helps when you love the music choice. ;)

skateycat

One of Nature's Non-Spinners
Mr Skateycat is wondering who is the commentator on Peacock and what his accent is.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Is this the same music that Danilova and Tsiba used last year? I swear I remember someone using this last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information