Vivien Papp's decision to split from the Hungarian federation

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Have I misread this sentence?
No, it's true. A lot of alt-righters and outright fascists in America and Western Europe show strategic support for Israel for a number of reasons: Israel's government is conservative, racist conservatives admire Israel's treatment of Palestinians and its perceived position on the frontline of an ongoing civilisational war against Islam, and last but not least Israel's commitment to 'repatriating' Jews who live around the globe, which antisemites see as an opportunity to get rid of Jewish citizens of their own countries.

But at the most basic level, every flavour of authoritarian from Bolsonaro to Modi is now part of a transnational alliance of wannabe fascists and they all trade tips on how to subdue their domestic enemies and discriminate against minorities and women most effectively, and their passion for social control transcends racial and religious difference (at least when it comes to making international allies).

Amy L

and last but not least Israel's commitment to 'repatriating' Jews who live around the globe, which antisemites see as an opportunity to get rid of Jewish citizens of their own countries.
Extreme Evangelicals also believe that Jews must be in control of Israel in order to start the Apocalypse (in the Revelations sense). So while they are generally anti-Semetic, they want Jesus to come back even more so it's a win-win situation for them.

On My Own

No, it's true. A lot of alt-righters and outright fascists in America and Western Europe show strategic support for Israel for a number of reasons: Israel's government is conservative, racist conservatives admire Israel's treatment of Palestinians and its perceived position on the frontline of an ongoing civilisational war against Islam, and last but not least Israel's commitment to 'repatriating' Jews who live around the globe, which antisemites see as an opportunity to get rid of Jewish citizens of their own countries.
But we aren't talking about "America and Western Europe alt-righters" showing support to the Israel government, rather Netanyahu and Israeli alt-righters showing support to an antisemite...

Maybe Orban is also anti-Islam. He's certainly anti-LGBT, which the Israeli alt-righters will like.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
But we aren't talking about "America and Western Europe alt-righters" showing support to the Israel government, rather Netanyahu and Israeli alt-righters showing support to an antisemite...
As I said, they're all friends. Netanyahu is happy to court the support of politicians who play by the same rules as him.

Sylvia

TBD
Getting back to skating PLEASE...
Ioulia Chtchetinina and Maria Pavlova are both listed on the Hungarian national team without partners, coached by Dmitri Savin and Fedor Klimov:
(Papp is still listed for now.)
Wonder if Pavlova/Nagy's split was in any way related to these maneuverings from the Hungarian federation ....
Balazs Nagy was notably NOT listed as a member the 2022-23 Hungarian national team and this follow-up article published by valaszonline.hu on Sept. 22 includes this sentence at the beginning "... and in addition to Vivien Papp, Balázs Nagy also changed countries because of the management.":
Another machine translated excerpt further down the page:
And what Válasz Online has only just learned about: the Euro-11. Balázs Nagy is also changing countries, in the future he will probably compete in the colors of the United States.
(Magyar and Nagy already had skating partners who were naturalized from Russia - so the federation is now trying to find a new partner for the ladies [Chtchetinina and Pavlova].) Summarum: those who made Lajos Kósa pat himself on the back are now lost to the country, but instead there are several imported competitors from Moscow and Siberia - this is what the former spoke about our article.

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
As I said, they're all friends. Netanyahu is happy to court the support of politicians who play by the same rules as him.
Additionally, they both use Soros (a Hungarian Jew) as the bogeyman for his support of progressive causes. And Netanyahu hates the liberal European governments that have a bad habit (sarcasm) of criticizing Israel for the occupation etc. so the enemy of my enemy is my friend….

Netanyahu’s son, who often is his dad’s Id, just happily congratulated Meloni.

Anyway, I’m still puzzled by why specifically the native Hungarian skaters are being demoted by Russian imports.

Sylvia

TBD
This Sept. 23rd Hungarian article includes quotes from Vivien's father:
Machine translated excerpts:
Papp's parents are not worried about the competition, but they are very upset because of the constant dispute with the association.
– Vivien is being prepared in Italy because domestic conditions are not competitive. The association does not contribute a single penny to this. Although Vivien defeats this little Russian girl who was brought here, who has no outstanding results, and who is actually only Hungarian in competitions, she doesn't even prepare at home, but many children stop playing junior high because of this. It is not possible to compete with domestic competitors who also come from Russia, so many prefer to stop, Zoltán Papp, Vivien's father, told our newspaper.
According to Papp's parents, the rise of the Russians in Hungary is only one of the problems, a bigger problem is that the federation wants to bind the young competitors with a contract, but according to the parents, the conditions even violate the law.
- The fundamental problem is that the association wants to sign a contract for four years, contrary to the Hungarian and EU sports law, but they insist on the illegal conditions, and we cannot sign this. Until this happens, Vivien cannot compete. We would travel to the GP in Gdańsk on Tuesday, but we still don't know if we can book the ticket, said Papp's father indignantly.
Note: Vivien mentioned in her Instagram post that the federation deleted her name from this week's JGP Gdansk entries and replaced her with the Russian-born skater who now will make her debut for Hungary.
The signed contract is a condition for MOKSZ's entry to and participation in international competitions. At the same time, according to the association, a significant number of the parents of the competitors have already accepted the contract offered by the association
"Almost all selected athletes have signed the contract sent by MOKSZ. Negotiations regarding the details of the contract are currently taking place with the relevant legal representatives," wrote the association in its response, which concludes the contracts with reference to the Sports Act, which "in every case is for a specific Olympic cycle, i.e. It is for 4 years, with an annual review".
According to Zoltán Papp, in their final desperation, they would switch countries for Vivien's sake if they had no other choice.
- It's not that simple. Vivien wants to compete in Hungarian colors, but if there is no other solution, we are forced to move. We are negotiating with several countries, but we are confident that we will be able to get the leadership of the association to see better, he added.
Re. his final quote - alas, the leadership of the HUN association did not "see better." :(

airgelaal

Anyway, I’m still puzzled by why specifically the native Hungarian skaters are being demoted by Russian imports.
I think this is part of the Soviet mentality, when all the best could only come from Russia. This is "mother's friend's son", who is always better in everything.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
We will see the new Magyar, Polina Dzsumanyijazova’s, debut as a member of the Hungarian team later this week at JGP Gdańsk1. Curiously, her ISU bio does not mention her city of birth…but mentions Sergei Romanov as her coach. Gee, could it be THE Sergei Romanov, a.k.a. “Hot Sergei” who we know from Moscow Eteri/Plush drama of years past?

As per the bio, she trains in Debrecen, a large city in the center of Hungary, in the Great Hungarian Plain area…Calvinist Protestant country.

Wishing young Ms Dzsumanyijazova a happy debut on Thursday! Can’t wait to hear Ted (or Mark) tackle that name - Dzsumanyijazova. :biggrinbo

crzesk8dad

Where am I? How do I get off? Do I get ice cream?
Getting back to skating PLEASE...

Balazs Nagy was notably NOT listed as a member the 2022-23 Hungarian national team and this follow-up article published by valaszonline.hu on Sept. 22 includes this sentence at the beginning "... and in addition to Vivien Papp, Balázs Nagy also changed countries because of the management.":
Another machine translated excerpt further down the page:
Thank you, Sylvia.

airgelaal

The story goes on

I want to represent these three letters, “HUN,” and our flag. This is my country and my heart. And for the Russians, these are just random letters that they chose to get to Worlds,” says Berei

Sylvia

TBD
Back on Feb. 2 Vivien posted this message: https://www.instagram.com/p/CoKfFbetTwY/
In English:
"I would like to thank the Italian Young Goose Academy for hosting and teaching me for the past two years. Today, a milestone in my career has come to an end. Thank you to all the coaches at Yga. Angelina [Turenko], I would like to thank you for the past 5 years, and I'm really sorry that it turned out this way, but I had to make a decision for the sake of my career. I wish everyone good luck!"

Earlier this year she spent one month in Champery, Switzerland: https://www.instagram.com/p/CoAQR9ntFnL/
ETA: And her latest IG post shows her in Champery.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information