Russian figure skating news & updates in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Not a thread I frequent that often but I will sure miss the Russian pairs this season. I really never ever cared for Daria and Denis until last year and they knocked my socks off. But refresh my drink, they split up?

And then I was absolutely loving the team whose short program was Sam Smith fire on fire. I can’t spell their last names so I won’t even attempt to. Love them and their hot coach. Are they still together? I will miss seeing the pairs. If there are videos later in the season from Russian competitions will you all post videos here?

Amy L

As of right now, Daria and Denis are on the list for performing at the upcoming senior test skates:

Senior Test Skate participants:

Valieva - Muravieva - Petrosian - Trusova - Tuktamysheva - Scherbakova - Samodelkina - Akateva

Gummenik - Kolyada - Kondratiuk - Mozalev - Samarin - Semenenko

Akopova/Rakhmanin - Boikova/Kozlovski - Mishina/Galliamov - Pavlyuchenko/Khodykin - Tarasova/Morozov

Morozova/Narizhny - Sinitsina/Katsalapov - Stepanova/Bukin - Khavronina/Chirizano - Khudaiberdieva/Bazin - Davis/Smolkin

Last edited:

irenemulindwairen

I understand where this comes from. But they will never change. We collectively just have to be smarter. I remember Tarasova saying to Morozov, EI needs a physical trainer as she needs additional help with her weight management. It was never done despite her talent. His energy and funds went towards Nikita and trying to stabilize his twizzles. Look around , who are the coaches? Men! Men support men, women support men and women are left to survive. This is patriarchy. So persons who engage in the sport just have to be wiser.
This is the problem I noticed with Russian skaters. Men seem to be more complimented than women. Women are just there to look thin, beautiful and do as they are told. Instead of getting the man to work around the Woman, (as if women should remain with bodies of 15 year old), too much emphasis is put on the woman to stay petite so that they dragged round the rink like ragdolls (yuck!). That's why I will forever be grateful to team IAM who appreciate talent and good work ethics and not putting pressure on women to stay thin, THIS IS WHAT I CALL TEAMWORK.

Bigbird

This is the problem I noticed with Russian skaters. Men seem to be more complimented than women. Women are just there to look thin, beautiful and do as they are told. Instead of getting the man to work around the Woman, (as if women should remain with bodies of 15 year old), too much emphasis is put on the woman to stay petite so that they dragged round the rink like ragdolls (yuck!). That's why I will forever be grateful to team IAM who appreciate talent and good work ethics and not putting pressure on women to stay thin, THIS IS WHAT I CALL TEAMWORK.
Don't be putting the IAM school on too much of a pedestal though. Competitive Ice Dance is cutthroat. The approaches are just different.

Sylvia

TBD
As of right now, Daria and Denis are on the list for performing at the upcoming senior test skates: https://www.instagram.com/p/CicIwflomS8/

Senior Test Skate participants:
Morozova/Narizhny - Sinitsina/Katsalapov - Stepanova/Bukin - Khavronina/Chirizano - Khudaiberdieva/Bazin - Davis/Smolkin
TSL tweeted yesterday that Davis/Smolkin "are expected to compete at the Challenge Cup in Ardmore, PA" -- it's the final National Qualifying Series competition for ice dance taking place the same time as next week's test skates in Moscow so make of that what you will.

More RIA Novosti (machine translated) article headlines:

The music for Valieva's new free program became known
Valieva, plans to perform in the new season with a free program to a composition composed of several tracks, a source close to the situation told RIA Novosti.
The main musical line will be composition Truman Sleeps, it was presented in Peter Weir's film "The Truman Show". Also, the cut will contain a fragment from the news release, and in the final part there is a track by Chinese composer Wei Xiaohan, who writes music for the anime.
Earlier, the team of Eteri Tutberidze, in which Valieva trains, announced that the new short program of the figure skater was set to music from the film "Interstellar".
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva published a topless photo

Lakernik confirmed that he works as a consultant for the Hungarian national team

Media reports [TSL, as mentioned above] on the participation of Russians Davis and Smolkin in the US Challenge Cup

The music for Trusova's new programs for the 2022/23 season became known
The short program of the silver medalist of the 2022 Olympic Games, Russian figure skater Alexandra Trusova, is set to be a blues hit, a source close to the situation told RIA Novosti.
In the short program, the skater will perform to the song I Put a Spell on You with female vocals.
For the free program, the athlete's team chose the music from the movie "Nerves on the Limit" (High Strung), performed on the violin.

layman

TSL tweeted yesterday that Davis/Smolkin "are expected to compete at the Challenge Cup in Ardmore, PA" -- it's the final National Qualifying Series competition for ice dance taking place the same time as next week's test skates in Moscow so make of that what you will.
This...after the loud, vociferous, profane, emphatic denials (from Diana, Gleb, Eteri and Co.) that this could ever take place.

Sylvia

TBD
I reecall reading a while back that Davis/Smolkin likely would compete in a U.S. competition. Foreign skaters ARE allowed to enter a NQS competition but it's unclear at the moment whether or not their score can or will be counted towards qualifying for the U.S. Ice Dance Final in November.

Last edited:

layman

I reecall reading a while back that Davis/Smolkin likely would compete in a U.S. competition. Foreign skaters ARE allowed to enter a NQS competition but it's unclear at the moment whether or not their score can or will be counted towards qualifying for ther U.S. Ice Dance Final in November.
Unless I missed something, Russians are banned from competing in International Competitions as Russians. If Diana and Gleb are competing in a US competition, then this would mean they have switched countries (something they have denied ever thinking of doing).

LoisAGOEs

Unless I missed something, Russians are banned from competing in International Competitions as Russians. If Diana and Gleb are competing in a US competition, then this would mean they have switched countries (something they have denied ever thinking of doing).
It’s not an international competition, it’s a domestic U.S. competition.

layman

Yes but how could a team from a banned country be invited to a domestic US competition to skate under the banner of the banned country? If they are competing in a domestic US competition, then they must be representing the US.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Yes but how could a team from a banned country be invited to a domestic US competition to skate under the banner of the banned country? If they are competing in a domestic US competition, then they must be representing the US.
They would essentially be treated as "guest" skaters and their score wouldn't count toward anything in the grand scheme of things. They aren't being invited, but rather competing as a member of a USFS-registered skating club or as an individual member of the USFS, which could very well apply to Diana since she is a US citizen by birth.

Essentially, they would only need permission from their own fed to compete in another country's domestic competition - and it could be that the RFSF has granted permission because of the travel complexities involved in DavSmo returning to Russia for their test skates and other Russian domestic competitions right now.

Or, the country switch is on. It would surprise me somewhat if they did switch this season rather than wait until next summer, but who knows what Eteri is planning.

Amy L

There have been more skaters photographed more topless than that :lol: Not that she isn't hot but bikini tops hide a lot less than skates.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Lakernik confirmed that he works as a consultant for the Hungarian national team

Wow. That explains this, then:

On a different note, I was a fan of Skoptsova & Aleshin when they competed and I'm really proud of Skoptsova for speaking up about EDs in the sport and trying to get better. Also this isn't the main point, but I'm happy Aleshin wasn't part of the problem; all too often it's the male partner who's making things difficult for the woman.

Last edited:

layman

It did not take the Russians long to figure out how to flout/circumvent bans and sanctions!

I think the ISU should sanction any organization who co-operates with Russian athletes or the Russian Skating Federation in any way.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
So Russian GP series published the prise money (it's in rubles,I have no idea what those numbers actually mean).
One of the skating telegram channels wrote: 'the men SP of Moscow GP2 falls right on Pluschenko's show where Tuktamysheva, Trusova,Kolyada,Samarin, Aliev, Kondratuyk and Ignatov are listed to participate. Sure, they can hold a men SP there just as well and Pluschenko will probably win it'.
Whoever runs that telegram channel is brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information