The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGThuy

I was re-watching 1999-2002 era ice dance and I think because NBC chacked Denkova/Staviski's 2002 Olympic FD from their primetime coverage, I was never able to really watch it the way I should have. I may be crazy but I think it was the most entertaining FD of that night. They really skated and moved with their whole bodies and pushed things to the edge. The SLC in-arena crowd seemed to seriously enjoy it too.

Taso

I was re-watching 1999-2002 era ice dance and I think because NBC chacked Denkova/Staviski's 2002 Olympic FD from their primetime coverage, I was never able to really watch it the way I should have. I may be crazy but I think it was the most entertaining FD of that night. They really skated and moved with their whole bodies and pushed things to the edge. The SLC in-arena crowd seemed to seriously enjoy it too.
Nothing crazy about this to me. That was my favorite FD of the season. I LOVED their OD (along with Anissina & Peizerat's and Lobacheva & Averbukh's). Had I been a judge I would've put them in the top 3 (and been banned for life :lol: )

ETA: They were completely screwed the previous years Worlds, too. WAAAAAAY lower than deserved, their FD was sooooooo good

VGThuy

Nothing crazy about this to me. That was my favorite FD of the season. I LOVED their OD (along with Anissina & Peizerat's and Lobacheva & Averbukh's). Had I been a judge I would've put them in the top 3 (and been banned for life :lol: )
If you'd be banned for life, then I'm right there with you as I may have placed it first that night...:shuffle: Probably second behind A/P though.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
It looks like Canada may have a couple of new dance teams?

Carol Lane's teams performed in some event yesterday, and coach-choreographer Marc-André Servant wrote in his stories, "Congrats to our new couples on nailing their first performances in front of an audience." Tagged in his picture are Catharina Tibau, Cayden Dawson, and Axel Mackenzie.
Catharina Tibau and Cayden Dawson have officially announced their partnership, but they're representing Brazil, not Canada as I originally thought. They'll be competing as juniors.

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
Catharina Tibau and Cayden Dawson have officially announced their partnership, but they're representing Brazil, not Canada as I originally thought. They'll be competing as juniors.

:watch:

Nmsis

I'm wondering the country for which Nell Denton and Joseph Booth are going to skate.
I love them a lot. Great results for this recent partnership.
They'll probably start JGPs this season.

France would be the obvious answer if the bigger picture wasn't saying otherwise.

2nd guess : the UK ?

Dobre

Some of the teams currently signed up for Championnats québecois d'été, the summer Quebec senior event from August 4-7th:

Soucisse & Firus
Sales & Wamsteeker
Laurialt & Le Gac
Harris & Chan
Lanaghan & Razgulajevs
Fabbri & Ayer
LaFond-Fournier & Kam

Bashynska & Beaumont are signed up for the junior event.

Sylvia

TBD
Some of the teams currently signed up for Championnats québecois d'été, the summer Quebec senior event from August 4-7th:

Soucisse & Firus
Sales & Wamsteeker
Laurialt & Le Gac
Harris & Chan
Lanaghan & Razgulajevs
Fabbri & Ayer
LaFond-Fournier & Kam
Also Mariia Holubtsova & Kyryl Bielobrov UKR (listed with RÉPAM) - does this mean they are currently (or will be) training in the Montreal area?

RoseRed

Also Mariia Holubtsova & Kyryl Bielobrov UKR (listed with RÉPAM) - does this mean they are currently (or will be) training in the Montreal area?
Potentially. Especially since they list a Quebec club, instead of just putting their country. IAM follows them both on Instagram, for what that's worth.

Dobre

Cross-posting from the Canadian Dance thread:

Piper replied to a fan on TikTok saying that they plan to compete in the coming season.

Well, there you go.

Never assume a dance team will retire after an Olympics. (Apparently not even when their fans tell you they've already said they will
;)
).

I've always thought Gilles & Poirier would be a perfectly logical team to stay in a bit (at least) to see what goals they might accomplish. Anyway, we shan't cross them off the predictions list for the post-season quite yet, even if they aren't signed up for the GP.

Which we should be getting a chance to dissect any . . . day . . . now.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Cross-posting from the Canadian Dance thread:

Well, there you go.

Never assume a dance team will retire after an Olympics. (Apparently not even when their fans tell you they've already said they will
;)
).

I've always thought Gilles & Poirier would be a perfectly logical team to stay in a bit (at least) to see what goals they might accomplish. Anyway, we shan't cross them off the predictions list for the post-season quite yet, even if they aren't signed up for the GP.

Which we should be getting a chance to dissect any . . . day . . . now.
It would seem like they're planning on a full season, just like Chock/Bates and Guignard/Fabbri. Should be fun!

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Well, so much for the clear route to the podium for blank, blank, or blank. Gonna have to earn it.

Meanwhile, uh oh for Lajoie & Lagha's shot at Worlds.
Oh, that's right! Canada dropped to 2 spots next season!

Well, Lajoie/Lagha can at least look forward to that trip to Colorado Springs a few weeks earlier, lol.

Dobre

Kaliszek & Spodyriev announced their retirement. Their instagram announcement + a google translation are posted in the retirement thread in the Great Skate Debate.

I am sorry to see them go. (I would have liked to see them tackle another four years, though I know they've struggled with injury issues). It was no small achievement to reach the elite senior ranks as a dance team from Poland, and they had a stronger transition up from juniors than a great many junior dance teams.

Last edited:

coralline

I‘ve just realized that according to detailed score at Dallas Classic,two SR dance teams performed Choreographic Assisted Jump:Zingas & Kolesnik,and the Polish team Hertenstein & Binkowski from WISA.

Could anyone went to the competition tell us what was it look like?

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Kaliszek & Spodyriev announced their retirement. Their instagram announcement + a google translation are posted in the retirement thread in the Great Skate Debate.

I am sorry to see them go. (I would have liked to see them tackle another four years, though I know they've struggled with injury issues). It was no small achievement to reach the elite senior ranks as a dance team from Poland, and they had a stronger transition up from juniors than a great many junior dance teams.
Please. They were grossly overscored and it was such a shame to see them top 10 at euros, I always had to drink to forget it. Their skills were never on par with the others they passed just because of Halina Goldon-Poltorak.

litenkyckling

I’d say that they’re one of the teams that really did suffer from the pandemic and the big break - every bit of any momentum they had was wiped

Sylvia

TBD
Could anyone went to the competition tell us what was it [Choreographic Assisted Jump] look like?
... will mention that Orange Blossom protocol for Larson/Kapran's FD shows ChAJ1 as their final element, with +2 GOE from all four judges.
Big FWIW here, but my very rough description of what I saw via streaming would be sort of a series of three "mini" rotational lifts?? As he lifted her, both her upper body and legs were horizontal above the ice, and she spread her legs into a split of 90+ degrees.
Sorry for my clumsy description, but my general thought is that I would not have imagined a ChAJ to be something like that. Just FWIW. :unsure:
Clip of Zoe Larson/Andrii Kapran's ChAJ1 at the end of their Junior FD (debut as a team - he previously skated for Ukraine and she used toi be a pair skater): https://twitter.com/S_V_Knight/status/1548787545814745088

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information