German Skating News - Season 2021/2022

clairecloutier

It looks like Alisa Efimova/Ruben Blommaert are finally cleared to compete for Germany! :)

Quadjump

It looks like Alisa Efimova/Ruben Blommaert are finally cleared to compete for Germany! :)

After watching them at nationals I really have to say that this pair has a lot of potential! When they continue banning the Russians this is a pair what could probably medal at Euros.

sandra_persch

German Fed has published the National Team PK - NK 1 and Junior / Novice Team NK 2.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
German Fed has published the National Team PK - NK 1 and Junior / Novice Team NK 2.

Since Hase/Seegert, Mueller/Dieck, and Janse van Rensburg/Steffan are all listed, is this confirmation they all plan on competing next season?

PK Team Members -
Women - Kristina Isaev, Nicole Schott
Men - Kai Jagoda, Nikita Starostin
Pairs - Alisa Efimova/Ruben Blommaert, Minerva Hase/Nolan Seegert, Annika Hocke/Robert Kunkel, Letizia Roscher/Luis Schuster
Dance - Jennifer Janse van Rensburg/Benjamin Steffan, Lara Luft/Maximilian Pfisterer, Katarina Mueller/Tim Dieck

NK1 Team Members -
Women - Aya Hatakawa, Olesya Ray
Men - Davide Calderari, Luca Fuenfer, Hugo Hermann, Arthur Mai, Louis Weissert
Pairs - none
Dance - Darya Grimm/Michal Savitskiy, Karla Maria Karl/Kai Hoferichter, Viktoria Lopusova/Asaf Kazimov, Anne-Marie Wolf/Max Liebers

NK2 Team Members -
Women - Valentina Andrianova, Marie Bierwert, Sophia Edler, Sophie Erhardt, Anna Gerke, Julia Grabowski, Frida Hermann, Marielen Hirling, Jenna Klemm, Sasha Tandogan, Katharina Vialichka
Men - Soner Ozturk, Leon Rojkov, Richard von Goler
Pairs - Aliyah Ackerman/Tobija Harms, Sofia Krause/Albert Loor, Clara-Sophie Lampe/Ilia Trofymov, Sonja Loewenherz/Robert Loewenherz, Josephine Lossius/Artem Rotar
Dance - Alexia Kruk/Jan Eisenhaber, Finja Maeder/Piero Joel Lopez Moreno, Mia Lee Mayer/Tobias Huber, Milla Ruud Reitan/Nikita Remeshevskiy

ice crystal

Since Hase/Seegert, Mueller/Dieck, and Janse van Rensburg/Steffan are all listed, is this confirmation they all plan on competing next season?

PK Team Members -
Women - Kristina Isaev, Nicole Schott
Men - Kai Jagoda, Nikita Starostin
Pairs - Alisa Efimova/Ruben Blommaert, Minerva Hase/Nolan Seegert, Annika Hocke/Robert Kunkel, Letizia Roscher/Luis Schuster
Dance - Jennifer Janse van Rensburg/Benjamin Steffan, Lara Luft/Maximilian Pfisterer, Katarina Mueller/Tim Dieck

NK1 Team Members -
Women - Aya Hatakawa, Olesya Ray
Men - Davide Calderari, Luca Fuenfer, Hugo Hermann, Arthur Mai, Louis Weissert
Pairs - none
Dance - Darya Grimm/Michal Savitskiy, Karla Maria Karl/Kai Hoferichter, Viktoria Lopusova/Asaf Kazimov, Anne-Marie Wolf/Max Liebers

NK2 Team Members -
Women - Valentina Andrianova, Marie Bierwert, Sophia Edler, Sophie Erhardt, Anna Gerke, Julia Grabowski, Frida Hermann, Marielen Hirling, Jenna Klemm, Sasha Tandogan, Katharina Vialichka
Men - Soner Ozturk, Leon Rojkov, Richard von Goler
Pairs - Aliyah Ackerman/Tobija Harms, Sofia Krause/Albert Loor, Clara-Sophie Lampe/Ilia Trofymov, Sonja Loewenherz/Robert Loewenherz, Josephine Lossius/Artem Rotar
Dance - Alexia Kruk/Jan Eisenhaber, Finja Maeder/Piero Joel Lopez Moreno, Mia Lee Mayer/Tobias Huber, Milla Ruud Reitan/Nikita Remeshevskiy
Has Nargiz Suleymanova retired?

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Joti Polizoakis has announced on Instagram that he is coming back to competitive skating with new coaches and a new partner. His goal are the 2028 Olympics and as soon as all the formalities are done he will announce his new partner, coaches and training location.

Sylvia

TBD

Gris

不做奴才做公民

Both Hase / Seegert and Mueller / Dieck have split.

If Google translation gets the gist - Minerva Fabienne intends to continue with another partner, Nolan's future is open, both Katharina and Tim plan to continue with new partners (Katharina intends to train in Germany for her studies).

Minerva Hase would like to break new ground in her young sporting career in the upcoming Olympic cycle and continue her career with a new partner. "I was able to learn a lot from Nolan as a young runner, I've grown a lot as a person and as an athlete in recent years. I'm very grateful to him for that," Minerva Hase looks back. She counts the Grand Prix medal among her greatest successes, fifth place at the World and European Championships and the German championship title. After a season with ups and downs, the World Cup was a nice conclusion, according to the 23-year-old. Nolan Seegert also has good memories: "I would like to thank Minerva for the time together .” The sporting future of the 29-year-old is currently still open.
Katharina Müller and Tim Dieck, this year's Olympic participants in the discipline, will also separate in ice dancing. With the start in Beijing, the two-time German champions from Dortmund had achieved their great common goal, which they had worked towards for eight years. After the Olympic season, the ice dancing couple realized that their ideas diverged when planning the new season. Tim Dieck (26) is willing to give everything for the sport for at least four more years and to train abroad for this. Katharina Müller, on the other hand, would like to move her training location to Germany and focus on her studies parallel to sport. Both are therefore looking for new partners for their sporting future.

And Polizoakis has officially switched to represent Czech Republic. (His new partner will be Denisa Cimlova per the post by @oubik in the OES thread.)

Last edited:

Quadjump

This is big news for German Skating.

Both teams practiced in Russia over the last season. This is not possible right now due the war. Maybe this uncertain situation was the keypoint for their decision.

It seems that Tim and Minerva are both still super ambitious. Maybe both decided that they cannot get any further with their two partners. Especially Nolan seemed to be quite limited with those shaky Lifts and the throw Loop.

I doubt that Minerva can find a propper partner. She is quite tall. Minerva and Nolan should have gone together for two more years. The pair's situation is widely open due the Russian ban and the retirement of many others. A medal at Euros and even at World would not have been out of reach next year!

Last edited:

swissskate

I guess Aliona might again try to come back given the current national and international pairs situation :shuffle:

Karen-W

Dang. That's just... well, a real pity for Hase/Seegert. I'm not sure who is available that would be at her level unless she changes countries. Didn't Matteo Guarise indicate he wanted to continue?

As far as Mueller & Dieck are concerned, he should be able to find a new partner pretty easily if he's willing to relocate overseas. Olivia Smart, maybe?

litenkyckling

Dang. That's just... well, a real pity for Hase/Seegert. I'm not sure who is available that would be at her level unless she changes countries. Didn't Matteo Guarise indicate he wanted to continue?

As far as Mueller & Dieck are concerned, he should be able to find a new partner pretty easily if he's willing to relocate overseas. Olivia Smart, maybe?
Hase/Seegert had such a lovely chemistry - I’m both disappointed but not surprised as they did hint after worlds that this may be the case. Matteo Guarise is who came to mind for me too - he’s 5cm shorter than Nolan but could make that up with his upper body strength? Who knows but I really hope she finds someone.

Karen-W

Hase/Seegert had such a lovely chemistry - I’m both disappointed but not surprised as they did hint after worlds that this may be the case. Matteo Guarise is who came to mind for me too - he’s 5cm shorter than Nolan but could make that up with his upper body strength? Who knows but I really hope she finds someone.
Yeah... I was of the opinion, last season, that Dmitry Epstein was a better partner than Nika Osipova, so he could be a possibility, but he's the same height as Guarise, so maybe not. Danny O'Shea is 4cm shorter than Nolan. Both Balasz Nagy and Noel-Antoine Pierre are around 177-178cm, so they're definitely not options for her.

litenkyckling

Yeah... I was of the opinion, last season, that Dmitry Epstein was a better partner than Nika Osipova, so he could be a possibility, but he's the same height as Guarise, so maybe not. Danny O'Shea is 4cm shorter than Nolan. Both Balasz Nagy and Noel-Antoine Pierre are around 177-178cm, so they're definitely not options for her.
It’s a shame her boyfriend isn’t a skater - he’s a 6’5 basketball player!

Karen-W

Not sure how quickly they can grab a SGP slot, but the Pairs Skating Fanclub posted that they plan a competition in the US in August and Nebelhorn Trophy.
Two ways for them to get a GP invitation - I'm not sure how likely either is - 1) Germany to host one of the open GPs and thus assign them, 2) win an early Challenger & thus be placed on the alternates list. I can't see #1 happening since the German Fed apparently has no $$ or sponsors. #2 is possible if the Nebelhorn pairs field is small.

text_skate

So much news. I'm overwhelmed.
Happy for Joti. His mother is from Czech republic. Could be, he has three passports: Czech, Greek and German.
Don't understand the teams splits. Could've understood retirements. But it looks like all keep their options open.
Hase and Guarise could work. Like the idea actually.
For pairs I imagine the coaching situation in Germany could be a factor.

Miezekatze

Statement from Nolan:

Certainly not his decision. I wonder if she already found a new partner?

AYS

🌻
Statement from Nolan:

Certainly not his decision. I wonder if she already found a new partner?
Considering that, it's a pretty classy post.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
So sad :( It looked like they had improved at Worlds, obviously the Olympics was a disaster, but even if the Russian and Chinese teams had been there it would have easily been their best finish at Worlds and they were pretty clean overall. At least he can be proud of a top 5 placement. I feel really bad for him but maybe she wants to try for another 2 Olympic cycles (like KMT when she split with Dylan) as she is still fairly young.

I am so excited to see E/B. I am really rooting for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information