US Figure Skating Television Schedule for 2021-2022

moebius

Did anyone catch the FD broadcast today on NBC? Who did they show? I missed it b/c it wasn't on the listing early this morning until the last minute. Thanks in advance.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Did anyone catch the FD broadcast today on NBC? Who did they show? I missed it b/c it wasn't on the listing early this morning until the last minute. Thanks in advance.
They showed the final group of 5 - H/B, C/P, H/D, G/P and C/B.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Just checking but is there no US TV broadcast of pairs or ice dance from Euros? Need to catch up but was hoping for Tanith/Charlie commentary if possible. Otherwise I’ll hit YouTube or Peacock.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Just checking but is there no US TV broadcast of pairs or ice dance from Euros? Need to catch up but was hoping for Tanith/Charlie commentary if possible. Otherwise I’ll hit YouTube or Peacock.
The RD and FD will be on Olympic Channel Wed Jan 19 at 8pm EST.

A.H.Black

I missed all the coverage on E! this past weekend because my DVR didn't pick it up for some reason. 😢
Anytime there is a channel change I always have to check. Even though any figure skating is supposed to be recorded, my DVRs often miss it. It has become so easy to be lazy about the schedule over that last few years - I have to kick myself into gear occasionally because I have missed some stuff that I really wanted to see.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Anytime there is a channel change I always have to check. Even though any figure skating is supposed to be recorded, my DVRs often miss it. It has become so easy to be lazy about the schedule over that last few years - I have to kick myself into gear occasionally because I have missed some stuff that I really wanted to see.
I was lazy because I thought I'd see it on Peacock but then I missed it at the time and there is no way I can watch that many skaters now especially with 4CCs and the Os coming up. So I was hoping to watch an abbreviated version. Oh well, I missed it! 🤷‍♀️

Sylvia

TBD
I see one hour of Europeans coverage on NBC from 1-2 pm Eastern time today (ETA) - Women's FS after Valieva's full SP.

Top 5 free skates were shown: Kurakova, Shcherbakova, Trusova, Hendrickx, Valieva

Last edited:

moebius

I see one hour of Europeans coverage on NBC from 1-2 pm Eastern time today (ETA) - Women's FS after Valieva's full SP.

Top 5 free skates were shown: Kurakova, Shcherbakova, Trusova, Hendrickx, Valieva
We got gypped. Supposed to be 2hrs. Wanted to see the mens.

Susan1

Anybody have the Olympics figure skating schedule for t.v. I looked at the guide and all it says is Olympics, now that they are on USA. It doesn't even list what is going to be shown on the regular NBC channel. The only thing specific is Opening Ceremonies. 4Cs didn't say which disciplines were being shown on E! either.

Last edited:

A.H.Black

For those who get the NBC Lx channel (it's mostly an over the air channel but also on some cable channels), they are repeating the NBC US Nationals coverage this weekend, Saturday and Sunday evening. Here's a list of cities that carry the channel:
https://www.lx.com/where-to-watch/
Thank you so much. My friend missed recording Nationals when we went to Nashville. She only has over-the-air TV. She switched over tonight and was able to get men's short plus a bunch of the rest.

Sylvia

TBD
Just checked the schedule for figure skating. The Four Continents will air from 3 - 5 p.m. (4 - 6 p.m. Eastern) this Sunday on NBC.
Top 4 men's free skates are being shown (Miyake, Miura, Tomono, Cha) first with Bill Spaulding (host) & Ashley Wagner (commenator).

Sylvia

TBD
Oh yay, Lu/Mitrofanov's entire FS is being shown now and hopefully that means Green/Parsons' FD will be too (eta: yes :)).

Women's free skates shown: Matsuike (3rd in FS), Izzo, Andrews and the final group of Shin, You ("chacked"), Kim, Lee, Mihara.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
U.S. Television broadcast schedule for 2022 Worlds (all times Eastern):
Thursday, March 24​
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2022: Pairs Free​
2 – 4 3-5 p.m.​
USA (Live)​
Thursday, March 24​
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2022: Men's Short​
4 – 6 1-3 p.m.​
USA​
Friday, March 25​
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2022: Women's Short​
12 – 2 p.m.​
USA​
Friday, March 25​
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2022: Women's Free​
2 - 4 p.m.​
USA (Live)​
Saturday, March 26​
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2022: Men's Free​
4 – 6 p.m.​
USA​
Saturday, March 26​
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2022: Free Dance​
6 - 8 p.m.​
USA​
Saturday, March 26​
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2022: Women's Free​
8 - 10 p.m.​
NBC​
Sunday, April 17​
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2022: Recap​
3 – 6 p.m.​
NBC​

*Check local listing. Start time may vary based on viewing timezone.​

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
USA Network (Gannon, Lipinski, Weir) started broadcasting Worlds at 1 pm Eastern - Vincent just finished skating his SP.

Pairs FS is listed for 3-5 pm ET.

A.H.Black

Pairs has started. Looks like an overview is all we will be able to see of the short programs. Grrr.

Sylvia

TBD
USA Network began NBC's coverage at 1 pm ET on Friday and is starting with Mana Kawabe's SP.

Skate Talker

Tights over a boot gives the foot the look of a hoof imo. Hate them. I am not quite as opposed if it only covers the top of the laces and still leaves the look of a shoe at least.

Then again I am not a fan of gloves on skater either but I guess the blade grab and also the familiarity of having something on one's hand as one may all year when practicing can be important to a skater.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I don't see the Gala on Peacock. Sometimes they show them and sometimes they do not. But the one time I remember seeing it, it popped up last minute. What do people think are the odds that will happen this time?

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I don't see the Gala on Peacock. Sometimes they show them and sometimes they do not. But the one time I remember seeing it, it popped up last minute. What do people think are the odds that will happen this time?
My assumption is that it won't, but the ISU feed will not be geo-blocked.

Sylvia

TBD
Kudos to USA (NBC) for airing Nazarova/Nikitin's lengthy and touching interview with Andrea Joyce after their RD just now.

Sylvia

TBD
Men's FS started on NBC at 8 pm ET - first Camden and now Vincent (eta) then Malinin, Kagiyama & Uno.

I guess this is the 2-hour edition of the recap show? Free Dance: Chock/Bates, Hubbell/Donohue, Papadakis/Cizeron.

Women's FS will be shown as well (eta): Alysa Liu, Mariah Bell, Loena Hendrickx, Kaori Sakamoto.

And finishing the broadcast with Knierim/Frazier's GOLD. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information