Kolyada Withdrawn from Olympics, Replaced by Semenenko

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Doubt it based on the reports that have surfaced about journalists needing to quarantine if they test positive on arrival. I don't think that China is going to be lenient in any way.
Its Crazy then if China doesn't even separate journalists from athletes in the bubble.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I think one false positive is completely plausible but two? That would be really really unlikely.
It would but it's not impossible as @aka_gerbil has pointed out. It's also possible that one was false and one was not.

Btw, I read one of the articles posted here and it did not say that these two were traveling with the team, just that they were still going to China. Hopefully on a different flight!

there is no such thing as a false positive !!
Of course, there are false positives. Nothing in life is 100% (except death, but then you aren't in life). I personally know at least one person who had a false positive and we know that there was that Pairs team at Worlds last year who also had a false positive.

barbarafan

Russian skaters have been paranoid about taking anything since the whole doping scandal began.
So, they don't take anything without checking out what it is first and checking it is not on the WADA doping list.
Also, team doctors only give out vitamins after blood tests indicate a deficiency.

There is too much at stake for Russian athletes to blindly take any old stuff a doctor may give them.
Glad to hear it.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Cross posting here and the Russian skating thread:

All skaters of the Russian Olympic team currently at the training camp in Krasnoyarsk have passed the final tests for COVID -19. All test results are negative.

On February 1, early in the morning, the Russian team flies from Krasnoyarsk to Beijing to participate in the Olympic Games.

becca

Cross posting here and the Russian skating thread:

All skaters of the Russian Olympic team currently at the training camp in Krasnoyarsk have passed the final tests for ********* -19. All test results are negative.

On February 1, early in the morning, the Russian team flies from Krasnoyarsk to Beijing to participate in the Olympic Games.
Honestly Anna posted a video of her at the training location and it all looked pretty safe and social distancing. The people mentioned possibly having it like Danny G aren’t there.

I have to laugh at the idea that they aren’t going to be very careful with the girls especially.

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
Have the two guys who tested positive while in Russia arrived in China yet, and been tested there?

becca

Have the two guys who tested positive while in Russia arrived in China yet, and been tested there?
Who knows I got to say people are talking about people most of who were not even with the team at the camp right now. I have a really difficult time think the head of the Russia federation or Danny G is going to go anywhere near their skaters if there is a chance they have covid.

Especially their girls who are basically their crowning jewels of the Russian Olympic squad.

Both men have a lot to gain if they sweep the Olympics.

The Russians are many things but stupid isn’t one of them.

Gris

不做奴才做公民

So reportedly, Gleikhengauz and Kogan didn't travel with the team in the end because they still test positive.

Good thing that at least they are not that delusional yet... But so much for the "false positive" narrative.

Hopefully the rest of the Russian team will keep testing negative!

Dobre

So much for both the false positive narrative and the they-will-travel narrative.

Russian reporters really on a tear right now. It won't be Mozgov, even if he wins Euros, blah, blah, blah.

Perky Shae Lynn

Honestly Anna posted a video of her at the training location and it all looked pretty safe and social distancing. The people mentioned possibly having it like Danny G aren’t there.

I have to laugh at the idea that they aren’t going to be very careful with the girls especially.
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Rrrrrruuuusssians are crrraaaaaaaazy!

Last edited:

Vagabond

So reportedly, Gleikhengauz and Kogan didn't travel with the team in the end because they still test positive.

Good thing that at least they are not that delusional yet... But so much for the "false positive" narrative.
I don't know for sure, but I would expect that the airline would not let anyone on without sufficient negative test results. As for the Delusional Duo, they may still be delusional. :shuffle:

becca

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Rrrrrruuuusssians are crrraaaaaaaazy!
Actually at that point it would be stupid. How much money has been put into figure skating and how much bonuses will be given if they win their medal haul.

No way would they risk it all.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I don't think the Russians are that daft - plus their medal hopes in the skeleton have been replaced due to negative tests prior to leaving as well. Suggests to me they are following all the protocols. I'm just glad all the skaters from Russia are already inside the bubble.

Perky Shae Lynn

Actually at that point it would be stupid. How much money has been put into figure skating and how much bonuses will be given if they win their medal haul.

No way would they risk it all.
Of course not. Having said that, sh*t happens and anyone can get infected at any time. Tired of the "dumb Russians" narrative. Other countries have their own idiots.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Of course not. Having said that, sh*t happens and anyone can get infected at any time. Tired of the "dumb Russians" narrative. Other countries have their own idiots.
I'm tired of the "dumb idiots" narrative for people from any country. It is just a cheap, lazy way to tear down people you disagree with. The fact is that the "science" is changing almost daily and people are making their own risk assessments based upon a lot of different factors and information sources.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Some people are just stupid though innit. :shuffle:
Yes, absolutely. I know one person who is really just inherently dumb - how she manages to function in life is beyond those who know her at all well. But it isn't 25-35% of the population and these comments are painting a very broad brushstroke across a large swatch of society. And continuously calling people who don't mask or who choose to not vaccinate "dumb" or who happen to catch the crud (especially now with Omicron running rampant) is wrong. You don't have to agree with their decision, and that's fine, but I'm quite positive that if, on this forum in particular, I called the BLM protesters/rioters "dumb" I'd have been called out for it as taking the lazy way out in expressing my opposition to their decisions rather than articulating why I disagree with them. Somehow, in the last several years, we are losing a critical component of civil democracy - the ability to respectfully express ideas, exchange information, and politely disagree without resorting to such childish and immature phrases like "covidiots" and the like. It just boggles my mind, the rigidity of thought that I've seen, on both sides of the discussion, about so many hot point topics facing many nations today.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!

SLIVER

Kolyada tested negative and resumed training at his home rink
That’s really upsetting because it clearly means he could have competed in the men’s individual event (as most suspected at the start).

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Sure. but even at less than 100% he is at least 150% more watchable then Semeneko :slinkaway
Or Semenenko’s “music” (noise)!!! Eek!

I’m truly wishing for Mark Superstar to do both TE segments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information