2021/2022 Canadian Ice Dance: News and Updates

dramagrrl

Everyone is going to focus on Emmy, but Aissa has also improved a lot in the last few years and is a very solid partner. It is especially unfortunate that they had already choreographed, trained and debuted their new programs for this season before making this decision. I hope they are both able to find new partners (if that's what they both want - Emmy mentioned in her IG post that she wanted to continue in ice dance, but didn't mention if Aissa would also be looking for a new partner).

barbarafan

Domestically, nobody of note, unless they drag Corey back into ice dance. But given Emmy's coaches and relative success on the junior circuit, I'm sure they'll have an expansive search.
I have been popping in and out here and there because of my illness (and my broken computer) so have missed a few things. Is the competition at Quatre Glace still on for this coming week? What happened with Marine Pouliot and her new partner. I really like the program they were working on. Do you know if Alicia Fabri and Paul Ayer will be competing this week or is there a problem. I know that they are listed but the lists are done months ahead and are never changed until the event is going...You find out after they are not called for the warmup. I was very disappointed that they were not named to the national team.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
While it's always sad to some degree to see a team like this have to part ways I am still excited for this news. Watching them skate at that last competition and it was painfully obvious any hope they had of maintaining some form of physical compatibility was gone. Wouldn't be surprised if they all (skaters, coaches and fed) came to the same conclusion during the same comp. She desperately needs a physical match that allows her to fly and he deserves a match where he can shine in his own right. I am an Emmy stan and I really hope they have someone in mind or find someone worthy asap.

Bigbird

While it's always sad to some degree to see a team like this have to part ways I am still excited for this news. Watching them skate at that last competition and it was painfully obvious any hope they had of maintaining some form of physical compatibility was gone. Wouldn't be surprised if they all (skaters, coaches and fed) came to the same conclusion during the same comp. She desperately needs a physical match that allows her to fly and he deserves a match where he can shine in his own right. I am an Emmy stan and I really hope they have someone in mind or find someone worthy asap.
Ice dance is brutal. Hoping for the best.

barbarafan

Some of the bigger names withdrew from championnats, so among the notable Canadian teams we just had Alicia & Paul and the domestic debut of Marie-Jade & Romain.

Some of the bigger names withdrew from championnats, so among the notable Canadian teams we just had Alicia & Paul and the domestic debut of Marie-Jade & Romain.

As long as Alicia and Paul are there I am good without the others. Some of the Rd's were quite impressive....some I found flat...quite a mix.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I have come to look forward to their program clues. I just hope it's a bit more out of the box than the winding road leading to a door would suggest. But I have learned to keep an open mind with them so even if it is that song I look forward to see what they do with it.

I see a few Narnia guess but isn't that a wardrobe and not a door ;)?

chantilly

Beatles?
Long and Winding Road
Would fit their identity of programs for the people.

I love that song.

I look forward to what they do, but I must say it seems a little same same, but given they won their first world medal with a similar style of song I don’t blame them for choosing it.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Beatles?
Long and Winding Road
Would fit their identity of programs for the people.

I love that song.

I look forward to what they do, but I must say it seems a little same same, but given they won their first world medal with a similar style of song I don’t blame them for choosing it.
Maybe a revamp of their famous Beatles Sgt Pepper FD? Or is it supposed to relate to the photo?

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I have come to look forward to their program clues. I just hope it's a bit more out of the box than the winding road leading to a door would suggest. But I have learned to keep an open mind with them so even if it is that song I look forward to see what they do with it.

I see a few Narnia guess but isn't that a wardrobe and not a door ;)?
But coming back from Narnia, it looked like a door on that side, if I remember correctly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information