Can't Help Falling In Love ... with Hubbell & Donohue (fan thread #2)

Sylvia

TBD
H/D had their pre-Worlds media call today (4 tweets here): https://twitter.com/fsonline/status/1371594531070705665

Includes a screen shot of Madison: https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/1371590164737318912

On March 9th the Professional Skaters Association announced them as the winners of the EDI Award for 'Best Performance' at 2021 U.S. Nationals:

Best Performance Ice Dance
Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue — Championship Dance Free Dance Program
PSA Coaches – Marie-France Dubreuil, Patrice Lauzon
Choreographers – Marie-France Dubreuil, Scott Moir
Music Selection – “Hallelujah” by Jeff Buckley and k.d. lang
Costume Designer – Josiane Lamond from Elite Expressions

Lara111

I liked HD and CB much more than SK today. It's amazing what the Montreal team can do. Bates is really shining now. I can't believe I actually like his dancing.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I know they are and I'm disappointed in their FD skate. But, they held on for the silver barely. They did beat C/B here and they have momentum going into next season.

This is a good result for them. I know how much they wanted this, but last year it was looking like C&B would knock them off the podium. Retaining their National title, being the top US team at Worlds, World silver and 3x reigning World medalists is a really strong position for the Olympics. They are certainly podium favorites now and also have good chances to fight for the World title next year.

VGThuy

I know they are and I'm disappointed in their FD skate. But, they held on for the silver barely. They did beat C/B here and they have momentum going into next season.
They’re clearly the best American team. Chock’s skating skills are never going to be at Madi and Zach’s level. C/B should always be at the mercy of whether or not Maddie and Zach bring it. Basically, they don’t beat them so much as Maddie and Zach opened the door for them.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I didn’t think this panel was going to be pro-h/d for several reasons, so I’m good with this.

This result does a lot to finish solidifying them as US #1 going into next season. They’re in a pretty strong position, as Cherub pointed out above. With limited opportunities this year, they were able to turn things around from the position it looked like they were slipping into last season.

Well done, Madi and Zach.

Edit: I would have loved to have seen them win, but I also think back to this moment in their career and how uncertain things seemed. https://www.instagram.com/p/lMvTJfBdig/?igshid=1pplovie8i899

Last edited:

ryanj07

I thought they should’ve won the RD. I know they hoped for a stronger FD showing but I’m happy to see them stay on the podium and pick up another silver.

I hope they can build on this season (can we even call it that? Lol) and come out strong to finally grab that Oly medal next year!

Bigbird

I liked HD and CB much more than SK today. It's amazing what the Montreal team can do. Bates is really shining now. I can't believe I actually like his dancing.
Still don't understand the difference in score between the top 3 after the RD, especially thought CB should have been first or very nearly there.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Madi shared a short, silent clip from their RD choreography yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/CP36eNtJ56e/

iceacademyofmontreal's post today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CP59KcPM_8G/
“Meditation is not something you can do, it is something that happens. When you prepare the body, environment, and mind, you may become meditative.” - Madison Hubbell
What better way to celebrate #WorldMeditationDay than to join us on Instagram Live at 3.30 PM (EST) for a free yoga session with Madison Hubbell ?!⁠
ETA link to watch the replay of Madi's 34-minute yoga session: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CP6ZEECJxhG/

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting here from the U.S. Ice Dance news thread:
H/D's page on USFS Fanzone has been updated
So they're indeed doing Janet Jackson for RD and the "unknown lyrical piece" is this:

ETA: Their ISU Bio is also updated and the songs for RD are Nasty, Rope Burn and Rhythm Nation.
U.S. International FS Classic will be streamed on Peacock Premium and the ice dance competition current start times are:
Friday, Sept. 17
4 p.m. (Eastern time) - Rhythm dance

Saturday, Sept. 18
5:25 p.m. (Eastern time) - Free dance

Plusdinfo

We'll see how "Drowning" translates into their program, but I don't think it's a wise choice. Too weak, even for an angsty angle. I like a lot about Hubbell and Donohue, but I don't like many of their musical selections in the back half of their career, especially given who they are as skaters.

sk9tingfan

We'll see how "Drowning" translates into their program, but I don't think it's a wise choice. Too weak, even for an angsty angle. I like a lot about Hubbell and Donohue, but I don't like many of their musical selections in the back half of their career, especially given who they are as skaters.
Not enough variation in tempo, no escalation in terms of drama. Who picked this? It's almost like a funeral dirge....

sap5

How do we know that's the precise arrangement they're going to use?
We don't. Considering the way C/P had a techno beat added to their "Wicked Game" FD, anything is possible. Maybe we'll see a dancehall remix of "Drowning" halfway through the program.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
All I have to say is they're going to put me to sleep with this lyrical, emo crap, just like SinKats and GuiFab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information