U.S. TV figure skating schedule for 2020-21 (NBC, NBCSN, Olympic Channel)

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Sun., Jan. 31 | Best of the 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships | 12 – 2 p.m. | NBC

I'm afraid it never fails during this time (11 a.m. - 1 p.m. central) on my local NBC channel. Broadmoor Baptist Church and The 700 Club takes the place of the figure skating. Oh well. That's how it goes in my area! :saint:

Sylvia

TBD
Sun., Jan. 31 | Best of the 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships | 12 – 2 p.m. | NBC

Forgot about this - anyone know who was shown between Alysa Liu's SP and Vincent Zhou's SP?

ETA:

Followed by Nathan's & Jason's SPs; Knierim/Frazier's FS, Chock/Bates FD, Hubbell/Donohue FD; top 4 ladies' FS (Karen, Amber, Alysa, Bradie) and finishing with Nathan's FS.

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them

Forgot about this - anyone know who was shown between Alysa Liu's SP and Vincent Zhou's SP?
Only missed Tennell's SP

Skate Talker

You can try looking at this streaming schedule from the CBC website in Canada.

Whatever isn't listed with "Road to the Olympic Games" should be the live event times. ("Road to the Olympic Games" on this page is the streaming of their TV broadcast version.)
Although this far out CBC sometimes get some of it slightly wrong, it should give a really good general idea. Just remember to check the header to see which time zone it's for - when I bring the page up it shows as CST (Central Standard Time), when in reality it will be Central Daylight Time by then and they are actually showing the CDT times. (This is something they always get wrong until some time after we turn the clocks back.)

tony

Sylvia

TBD
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2021 – Coverage Schedule
All times Eastern. Check local listings. Subject to change.

DateCompetitionPeacock PremiumNBCSN
Wed., March 24Ladies Short5-11 a.m. (LIVE)9-11 a.m. (LIVE)
Wed., March 24Pairs Short1:30-6 p.m. (LIVE)1:30–3 a.m. (Thurs.)
Thurs., March 25Men's Short6-11:30 a.m. (LIVE)5–7 p.m.
Thurs., March 25Pairs Free1:10-5 p.m. (LIVE)3–5 p.m. (LIVE)
Fri., March 26Rhythm Dance5:45-11 a.m. (LIVE)10:30 p.m.–12:30 a.m.
Fri., March 26Ladies Free1-5 p.m. (LIVE)2:30–5 p.m. (LIVE)
Sat., March 27Men's Free6-10 a.m. (LIVE)2–4 p.m.
Sat., March 27Free DanceNoon-3:30 p.m. (LIVE)4–6 p.m.
DateCompetitionNBC
Sat., March 27Ladies Free Skate8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT/7 p.m. MT/6:30 p.m. PT
Sun., April 11Event Recap3 p.m. ET

Last edited:

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
DateCompetitionNBC

6:30 PM Pacific???

I don't get it, NBCSN will broadcast live coverage only 3 days with events the americans have no real chances of beyond a top 5 at best (pairs free, ladies short & free)

But in the events (men & dance) they are contenders these wont be broadcasted live but on taped delay???

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
DateCompetitionNBC

6:30 PM Pacific???

I don't get it, NBCSN will broadcast live coverage only 3 days with events the americans have no real chances of beyond a top 5 at best (pairs free, ladies short & free)

But in the events (men & dance) they are contenders these wont be broadcasted live but on taped delay???
Yeah, that doesn’t make any sense.

Also if it starts at 8 PM on the East Coast it should start 5 PM here in the Pacific. 630? That’s odd

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The NBC ladies over the air broadcast in question is taped. They will schedule it so as not to conflict with college basketball. The ladies are live on NBCSN and Peacock.

Lacey

They will schedule it so as not to skating conflict with college basketball.
Not picking on you @Aceon6, just laughing at the skating conflict with...college basketball. I am a huge fan of any sports, these two just can't seem to ride together.

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Hey guys so I looked at my DVR and it’s all set to record eight programs, the short and long programs of all four disciplines on NBC sports network. So do I not need to worry about Peacock then?

Peacock only if I want to watch it live which it might be on NBC sports I’m not sure ...and if I want to see the early groups?

tony

Hey guys so I looked at my DVR and it’s all set to record eight programs, the short and long programs of all four disciplines on NBC sports network. So do I not need to worry about Peacock then?

Peacock only if I want to watch it live which it might be on NBC sports I’m not sure ...and if I want to see the early groups?
Peacock has it all. The others don’t. If you want to see it all, you’ll go to Peacock.

AngieNikodinovLove

Peacock has it all. The others don’t. If you want to see it all, you’ll go to Peacock.

Did you read my entire post?

LOL that’s why I’m clarifying. Because NBC sports network is showing it all as well. I see short programs of everything and free programs have everything set to record on NBC sports I just did not know if Peacock was offering anything more than that because NBC sports seems to have it all

I absolutely don’t want to download yet another app if I don’t need to.

tony

LOL that’s why I’m clarifying. Because NBC sports network is showing it all as well. I see short programs of everything and free programs have everything set to record on NBC sports I just did not know if Peacock was offering anything more than that because NBC sports seems to have it all

You're answering your own question and just repeating it again. You can see from the schedule that NBCSN doesn't show the entire event, just the later groups. Look at the length of time NBCSN is showing things.

I'll repeat: if you want to see every skater, you need Peacock.

Firedancer

You need Peacock if you want to watch everyone and you want to watch live. With the exception of ladies and the pairs free, NBCSN will not be live. And they will only show probably the last 2 groups

AngieNikodinovLove

You need Peacock if you want to watch everyone and you want to watch live. With the exception of ladies and the pairs free, NBCSN will not be live. And they will only show probably the last 2 groups

Thanks firedancer for a reply that was normal, drama-free for a Monday morning and what I was looking for. Have a good one 💕💕

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information