Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

I think there was a more recent attempt of 4T as well - posted in Tutberizde Vkontakte group.
thank you! i had no idea that Adelia is getting that far with quads that her team is allowing it to be posted.

hanca

Values her privacy
If i am not mistaking, didn't V. Zhilina came in 10th at the recent Rus. Jr. Nat'ls,and if not 10th then some other fairly low placement, and reason was messed up jumps. She fell in SP on the axel, and then in FS messed up 2 jump combos and then fell on another jump.
That’s true, but that was her worst placement in this season. It just was one bad competition. On all other competitions this season she has been scoring 195-197 points and placing 2nd, at the nationals she only scored 180. Considering she is not even junior eligible this season yet, I wouldn’t make a huge issue from one bad competition. Zagitova at this age was a completely unknown skater without any significant results.

Tinami Amori

That’s true, but that was her worst placement in this season. It just was one bad competition. On all other competitions this season she has been scoring 195-197 points and placing 2nd, at the nationals she only scored 180. Considering she is not even junior eligible this season yet, I wouldn’t make a huge issue from one bad competition. Zagitova at this age was a completely unknown skater without any significant results.
Zagitova @ Zhilina's age was not promoted as a next star...;)

hanca

Values her privacy
Zagitova @ Zhilina's age was not promoted as a next star...;)
No, but she did become one. So that means Zhilina could also. No one says she definitely will, but I wouldn’t discount her 5 years before the Olympics she will be eligible for. By then, the chance is that Trusova, Scherbakova, Kostornaya and Valieva will be gone, or they may be in decline. Zhilina will be competing against Akatieva, Samodelkina, Petrosian, Myravieva, Berestovskaya, Osokina and others of this age groups.

Tinami Amori

Camila Valieva had a photo-session at La Personne magazine (ballet artists/dancers/performers).

Last edited:

Scott512

Camila Valieva had a photo-session at La Personne magazine (ballet artists/dancers/performers).
KV is getting big time Star Treatment.

By the way this is post number 667 in this thread I did not like seeing the number on 666. ;)

Ka3sha

Vasily Konov’s interview with Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (about her goals and motivation, thinking of retirement, Russian ladies, Olympics, personal life and relationships and many other things)
Was thinking about translating this interview, but here is the fs-gossips translation of some of the excerpts:

And a text version of the interview (in Russian)

Scott512

Oh, oh. Normally, such a photo would be no big deal. However... Eeeek!!!!
Why eek?

What I don't like is EP changing things on the fly now there's another choreographer for sasha and another choreographer and a new free skate for Aliona. Is it too late in the season for all these adjustments on the fly?

Tinami Amori

Morozov's gig maybe temporary, just to help Trusova. The rumor is, that Elena Ilynikh has not been to Plushy's rink lately. Perhaps the drive to the new rink (in the middle of the woods in a remote area) is too far for her. However, not a rumor, for some odd reason Julia Lipnitskaya unsubscribed from Elena's IG.... However, maybe it is all circumstantial.

Scott512

Morozov's gig maybe temporary, just to help Trusova. The rumor is, that Elena Ilynikh has not been to Plushy's rink lately. Perhaps the drive to the new rink (in the middle of the woods in a remote area) is too far for her. However, not a rumor, for some odd reason Julia Lipnitskaya unsubscribed from Elena's IG.... However, maybe it is all circumstantial.
How is unsubscribing from your BFF's insta circumstantial? ;)

Ilnyikh went to PA and hugged Aliona like she was her child. Then it's like sasha put that kabosh on Elena like she did to young sergei. ;)

I don't know what's going on at PA but they seemed to have very little stability.

Tinami Amori

How is unsubscribing from your BFF's insta circumstantial? ;)

Ilnyikh went to PA and hugged Aliona like she was her child. Then it's like sasha put that kabosh on Elena like she did to young sergei. ;)
I had no idea that Trusova was unhappy with Elena working with Kostornaya. Missed that saga... :).

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
According to Ilinykh's instagram, she is moving from one vacation to the next with Polunin and baby Mir. ATM, she and Polunin are enjoying NYC.

Scott512

According to Ilinykh's instagram, she is moving from one vacation to the next with Polunin and baby Mir. ATM, she and Polunin are enjoying NYC.
And how is traveling Internationally in the middle of a pandemic safe?

I adore Elena. But as Joe would say come on man! ;)

if they're going to do this questionable vacation after vacation internationally why don't they do it after the season? I mean are any of TTs coaches going on vacation now?

Maybe Elena left PA. Someone said her good friend Yulia unfollow her on Instagram. Why would she do that if they were working together.

Scott512

I had no idea that Trusova was unhappy with Elena working with Kostornaya. Missed that saga... :).
There's a lot of confusion going on at that Academy.
I mean what I heard that Sasha and aliona can't be on the same ice after training together for almost four years on the same ice at T T I figured out these skaters especially Sasha know
they have power at PA that they never did at TT.

The power ranking at PA goes plushie Yana then Sasha the quad queen. ;)

hanca

Values her privacy
You being fan of Tutberidze, it is amazing how much info you seem to collect about Pluschenko and his rink. Do Russians have a saying “keep your friends close and enemies closer?”

Tobbe

Senior Ladies at Russian Cup Final:

Kamila Valieva, Daria Usacheva, Maiia Khromykh, Elizaveta Nugumanova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Ksenia Tsibinova, Maria Talalaikina, Sofia Samodurova, Anna Frolova, Anastasia Gulyakova, Anastasia Tarakanova, Alëna Kostornaia.

It will be great to see them all again. Pity Ksenia Sinitsyna wasn't invited.

Tinami Amori

Kamila Valieva, Daria Usacheva, Maiia Khromykh, Elizaveta Nugumanova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Ksenia Tsibinova, Maria Talalaikina, Sofia Samodurova, Anna Frolova, Anastasia Gulyakova, Anastasia Tarakanova, Alëna Kostornaia.

i believe this list was called by the Federation "a preliminary list"

Marco

I suppose it is down to these 2 to fight for the final World Team spot at RCF? Kostornaia hasn't yet attempted / landed a 3axel this season. This will be crucial at RCF.

Interesting that Team Eteri will only have one girl at Worlds.

hanca

Values her privacy
I suppose it is down to these 2 to fight for the final World Team spot at RCF? Kostornaia hasn't yet attempted / landed a 3axel this season. This will be crucial at RCF.

Interesting that Team Eteri will only have one girl at Worlds.
Well, to be fair, considering that Trusova and Kostornaya left Tutberidze just before this season started, there was nothing Tutberidze could do to change the situation about this season. Yes, I know she got back Medvedeva, but I don’t think many people expected Medvedeva doing that great this season, after seeing her at the test skates. And it is not Tutberidze’s fault that 3 of her juniors are not senior eligible this season yet. But this season doesn’t matter as much; next season is more important and as the numbers are now, next season Tutberidze will have 4 senior girls (senior age eligible) plus Medvedeva, if she gets healthy, (and plus Zagitova, if she decides to come back -which I don’t believe but one never knows).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information