From Russia With Love [#39]: Into Winter 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Thanks for clarification, yet few russian sports publications posted their names as participants and stating that Tiffany herself confirmed......

МОСКВА, 15 янв - РИА Новости, Анатолий Самохвалов. Серебряный призер декабрьского чемпионата России в танцах на льду Тиффани Загорски сообщила, что они с партнером Джонатаном Гурейро собираются выступить на командном турнире, который организует Федерация фигурного катания на коньках России (ФФККР).

MOSCOW, January 15 - RIA Novosti, Anatoly Samokhvalov. Silver medalist from the Russian Nationals in December, Tiffany Zagorski, announced that she and her partner Jonathan Guerreiro are going to perform at the team tournament, which is organized by the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR).

Newspapers interpret what is said. In this case they have interpreted ‘planning on taking part’ as being confirmation of participation.
Z/G will not know for sure that they are taking part until they see their names on the official list.

Tinami Amori

Newspapers interpret what is said. In this case they have interpreted ‘planning on taking part’ as being confirmation of participation.
Z/G will not know for sure that they are taking part until they see their names on the official list.
I see what you mean, Tiff agreed, but Feds are yet to put them on the list... Which i am sure they will...... :)

Ka3sha

Alexei Mishin recovered from C19, tested negative and is on his way to the rink :)

Tinami Amori

He got first symptoms on January, 3rd. That makes it two weeks, not 5 days 🙄
His illness was announced in the press 5 days ago. But even so..... just two weeks for person over 65? there are young people passing away world wide, and the russians "get ill for 10 days or 2 weeks" and up and running, or skating... :). Not that i am complaining, not at all!

But! maybe they are just getting cold/flue/grippe and thinking it is "******"? :unsure:

Perky Shae Lynn

His illness was announced in the press 5 days ago. But even so..... just two weeks for person over 65? there are young people passing away world wide, and the russians "get ill for 10 days or 2 weeks" and up and running, or skating... :). Not that i am complaining, not at all!

But! maybe they are just getting cold/flue/grippe and thinking it is "******"? :unsure:
My father is law is a super-fit 75 yo physician. He had COVID with mild symptoms and fully recovered within 2 weeks. Recovery times are different for everyone.

hanca

Values her privacy
I believe i said "the Russians maybe misdiagnosed".... read again, carefully. ;)
Some people are lucky and not have any symptoms, even though they do have covid. (Though people living them may not be that lucky when they catch it from them!) Others are having very mild symptoms, no worse than a bad cold/a very mild flu. Then you have others who are ill for weeks, some of them ending up in hospital...and then you have those who die from it. While age may make a person more at risk, there have been even children without any additional health problems who died from C19, and on the other hand there have been plenty of elderly people who were lucky that they had only mild symptoms. Mishin doesn’t seem so exceptional if he was ill 1-2 weeks. Of course he is lucky that he didn’t die, but it doesn’t seem that he had it very short.

Cherub721

YEAH!
My thought is that people like Mishin and Moskvina are national treasures; if they get crud, they should receive the best treatments, the ones the politicians get. Maybe Mishin got that level of care and kept it private, or maybe he was lucky not to need it, but I hope it is available if any of the coaching legends get sick. (Needless to say, I wish everyone could get it).

Ka3sha

Team Competition 'Channel 1 Cup'
Megasport, Moscow - February, 5-7

Entries
Ice Dance: Zagorski/Guerreiro, Morozov/Bagin, Skoptsova/Aleshin, Stepanova/Bukin, Shevchenko/Eremenko, Khudaberdieva/Buzin
Men: Aliev, Ignatov, Kolyada, Kondratyuk, Mozalev, Samarin
Pairs: Boikova/Kozlovski, Mishina/Gallyamov, Pavluchenko/Khodykin, Tarasova/Morozov
Ladies: Valieva, Kostornaia, Tuktamysheva, Trusova, Usacheva, Scherbakova

Team Captains: Alina Zagitova, Evgenia Medvedeva
Prize Fund: 10 millions of RUB (135 000 $)

Preview:

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Re Team Event:
Zagitova and Medvedeva will not be skating/competing, but they will have their skates on and come out on the ice.

The Teams will be determined by random draw, which will take place live when the show starts. At present no one know which team they will be on.

Besides SP and FS, for singles there will be a Jumping Contest.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

As of now, the following Russian Figure Skating competitions are to take place.

* Russian Junior Nationals - Krasnoyarsk, 1-5 February.

* Team Event - Moscow, 5-7 February

* Russian Cup Final - Moscow, 26 Feb - 2 March

* International Junior Tournament - Russia (city TBD), March (date TBD).

hanca

Values her privacy
As of now, the following Russian Figure Skating competitions are to take place.

* Russian Junior Nationals - Krasnoyarsk, 1-5 February.

* Team Event - Moscow, 5-7 February

* Russian Cup Final - Moscow, 26 Feb - 2 March

* International Junior Tournament - Russia (city TBD), March (date TBD).
Well there be also the nationals of elder age, or will it be cancelled like the last year? I wouldn’t mind seeing again some of the junior pairs.

Tinami Amori

Well there be also the nationals of elder age, or will it be cancelled like the last year? I wouldn’t mind seeing again some of the junior pairs.
I am not sure what event you're asking about. What do you mean by "elder age"? And what skating event in Russia was cancelled last year? I don't recall any local Russian event cancellations last year.

hanca

Values her privacy
I am not sure what event you're asking about. What do you mean by "elder age"? And what skating event in Russia was cancelled last year? I don't recall any local Russian event cancellations last year.
That’s interesting that I am explaining to you how Russians do their competitions.

The event that usually takes place in early April. It used to be like junior B nationals. As you know, Russians have younger age nationals that are comparable to the novice category in March, and then then they always had one additional nationals in April, that were for the age group of juniors but most of those who already qualified for the juniors team did not compete on that.

Last year it was booked for 1-3rd April and then it was cancelled.

I think 2 years ago it was first time they actually split this competition (on paper, not in reality) into 2 different competitions, where pairs and ice dance still had the status of nationals of elder age, and for singles it did not have the status of nationals any more.

ETA: wikipedia called it ‘Russian youth championship -elder age’

mjb52

Looks like Moscow is having its younger and elder age championship right now. The only reference I see is to qualification for Russian Novice Nationals.

Tinami Amori

That’s interesting that I am explaining to you how Russians do their competitions.

The event that usually takes place in early April. It used to be like junior B nationals. As you know, Russians have younger age nationals that are comparable to the novice category in March, and then then they always had one additional nationals in April, that were for the age group of juniors but most of those who already qualified for the juniors team did not compete on that.

Last year it was booked for 1-3rd April and then it was cancelled.

I think 2 years ago it was first time they actually split this competition (on paper, not in reality) into 2 different competitions, where pairs and ice dance still had the status of nationals of elder age, and for singles it did not have the status of nationals any more.

ETA: wikipedia called it ‘Russian youth championship -elder age’
I was confused by the word "elder" and thought you're asking about Adult Skating event.
Since you can navigate in Russian, here is Federation's website, with all the planned events. So far they are all on. Check by months under Year 2021. There are 10+ competitions scheduled for each month, they are mostly local events and/or for younger groups.

Tinami Amori

Re Team Event show and schedule.
Russian Channel #1 will broadcast the whole event. No info yet about youtube feed or international access.

In Moscow time and schedule.
Feb. 5th.
-The Jumping contest: 15:00
-Team Draws: 16:30

Feb 6th.
-Short programmes: 13:45

Feb 7th.
-Free Skates: 13:45

This is the actual times the event will take place in the arena. The TV broadcast schedule is TBD.

hanca

Values her privacy
I was confused by the word "elder" and thought you're asking about Adult Skating event.
It seems it is how it is translated to English at quite a few places, so I am assuming that it is the correct way to translate it. English is my second language so I wouldn’t have a clue whether that is correct, but every time I read about this competition in English (in the past roughly ten or fifteen years that I have been watching skating), it has always been the nationals of elder age.

(To me, junior B nationals would be more appropriate term because the age category is the same as junior nationals, the rules are the same and the skaters there are the ‘weaker skaters’ who didn’t qualify for the team at the main junior nationals (or didn’t manage to qualify to junior nationals) and now they have a second chance. Or what about ‘Russian weaker junior nationals’? Or ‘Russian second junior nationals’? But who am I to be naming Russian nationals.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information