2021 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Good skate for Sofia, but yeah. Little ice coverage and the jumps have no height or run-out. I actually think the GOE for the first combo was generous, comparatively speaking.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Behind Tsbinova. I'm okay with that. Tsbinova's basics are stronger and jumps were higher.

tony

You have to wonder how many more head shakes in the K&C we will see from Samodurova before she calls it a day. I’ve seen many this year. Unless she really goes back to the basics and reworks many areas of her skating, there’s not going to be much of a difference in the results.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
67 for Sofia. I thought she would be second, but a fall on 3A (Tsibinova) gives more points than a clean 2A. Somehow that bothers me.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Khromykh

First time I've seen her skate this season. She looks more relaxed

-2a lovely and high
-3z
3f-3t crazy lean on the take-off of the toe, but managed to land it :eek:

Good work. She already had nice musicality, but she seems more in command of her performance. I'm impressed. :)

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Ted says Maiia's last name like he's coughing up a hairball. (To be fair, I probably would have too.)

Ka3sha

I think I prefer Maia to all other Tutberidze’s young girls. And least she has some personality.

And that program is a surprisingly good choice for her

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Second clean SP today. Maia Khromykh has such long limbs! She will be a very elegant skater in a couple years. Nice jumps with good height.
She is a lovely skater and she is just 14.

tony

For as good of a jump technician Mishin is, his skaters and their step sequences are always a chore. So labored, no pulls with the edges, always a bit off balance regardless of who it is. He’s obviously not going to change anything at this point of his career, but a basics coach would do wonders.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Guliakova's made a lot of progress. Even with that 2-foot (which Ted apparently missed).

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Guliakova

Our surprise COR medalist :respec:

-3f-3t such nice snap and air time on her jumps. Hard to believe that Samodurova and she have the same jump coach.
-2a great sure edge on exit
-3z looked tight and not a lot of steps preceding
-slows way down in the steps while the music is speeding up

Could work more on expression

Overall, well done.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
For as good of a jump technician Mishin is, his skaters and their step sequences are always a chore. So labored, no pulls with the edges, always a bit off balance regardless of who it is. He’s obviously not going to change anything at this point of his career, but a basics coach would do wonders.
Well, Kolyada's skating skills are great...

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Koylada has demonstrated that a skater who already has those basics should go to Mishin later in their career. There are others I'd love to see do the same.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Gulyakova awesome 3f3t both Rippon. Like her dress for Scheherazade.

Three clean programs in a row. Things are getting to normal.

mjb52

It is sooooooo early in the morning for figure skating music, the timezone difference for Japanese nationals placed it perfectly for me, I like figure skating music as a late evening sort of thing.

Has anyone (not the skaters, someone here) actually tried that ice cream that's in the K & C? Is it any good?

tony

That’s flying camel was pretty terrible. But sure, positive GOE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information