2020 Skate Canada International has been cancelled

Sonata

Those living in eastern Ontario/southern Quebec just went from an embarrassment of riches (worlds, Skate Canada) to double disappointment in 7 months. Sigh. I've been a skating fan for over 30 years and this is a once-in-a-century pandemic. Odds are still good that I will have a chance to see worlds in person in the next few years. That's what I'm telling myself anyways.

barbarafan

Tell that to the 69 people in Hamilton who are positive because of a spin class.:shuffle:

As of the moment, CV19 is smarter than we are. With any luck and a lot of science, it won't stay that way.
It just takes one idiot to ruin it for everyone else.
This is the reason we are all in semi-lockdown again. When things are improving a few things open under strict conditions.
If PPL say screw this we are yanked back again as we should be. We can be charged $1000.00 for not wearing a mask where we are supposed to. Our October reel it in has not improved enough so it is extended.

barbarafan

Montreal is currently a red zone and patrols who is leaving. All in all, not a great way to start a competition
We are allowed to go to cottages but need to stock up b4 leaving as we should not go to the local's stores and bring it there.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
But aren’t there more than 10 people in the building with the contestants and production? There wasn’t going to be an audience for Skate Canada either.
They obviously have had to get permission from the relevant public health authorities to go ahead with this - it is being broadcast on nationwide TV so it's hardly being kept "quiet".

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information