2020-21 ISU Grand Prix selections announced

Sylvia

TBD
Vernikov/Krasnopolski teamed up in 2019 according to their ISU bio (http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00107034.htm) so 2020-21 would be their 2nd full season competing together.

ETA that their first international was in February 2019 (2nd half of 2019-20 season): http://icemallskating.com/wp-content/uploads/result/Open Ice Mall Cup 2019 ISU/CAT349RS.HTM

ETA #2:

Just checked the ISU SB list:
33 Kate FINSTER / Balazs NAGY USA ISU JGP Baltic Cup 2019 20/09/2019 166.22 J
48 Anna VERNIKOV / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI ISR ISU CS Golden Spin of Zagreb 2019 06/12/2019 150.44 S

Last edited:

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
I don’t know that feds were necessarily allowed to pack their competitions with their own skaters at the expense of international skaters who were capable of attending. We don’t know all the details, but the ISU may have had some guidance on including international skaters where possible rather than just automatically allowing host nations 12 spots if they can use them.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Updated potential alternates listed by this season's top overall score. Russian list could change after Panin this week.

US Ladies
Rena Ikenishi 153
Violeta Ushakova 152
Calista Choi 150

US Men
Ryan Dunk 197
Jordan Moeller 193
Dinh Tran 189

JPN Ladies
Rika Hongo 176
Yuka Nagai 171
Rin Nitaya 166

JPN Men
Kazuki Kushida 189
Ryuju Hino 184
Taichi Honda 180

RUS Ladies
Stanislava Konstantinova 196
Valeria Shulskaya 189
Maria Talalaykina 180

RUS Men
Artem Kovalev 255
Evgeny Semenenko 249
Artem Lezheev 224

Sylvia

TBD
Michal Brezina WD from Skate America due to "back problems due to a fall in training" according to CZE fed's post today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVSi2NKYTz/

SAD for all the skaters who will not have the opportunity to compete at the canceled Skate Canada International, especially the ones anticipating their GP debuts (eta: Bausback, Schizas, Schumacher, Phan, Matte/Ferland, Purich/Chudak, Fabbri/Ayer, Lanaghan/Razgulajevs, plus Harris/Chan AUS, Gorodnitsky ISR).

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
TBAs left on the grids as of Oct. 15:

China: 5 CHN ladies, 2 CHN men, 1 CHN dance team
Russia: 1 RUS lady
Japan: 1 lady (1 men's spot left empty)

Sylvia

TBD
:)
CHONGQING, Oct. 15 (Xinhua) -- World champions Sui Wenjing/Han Cong will take part in the ISU Figure Skating Grand Prix Cup of China, which begins on Nov. 6 in Chongqing, the organizing committee confirmed here on Thursday.
Defending champions Sui/Han and runners-up Peng Cheng/Jin Yang are keen to show their best in the pairs competition, while Jin Boyang, two-time bronze medalist at the world championships, and Yan Han will perform in the men's competition.
Young skater Chen Hongyi will compete in the ladies' competition, while Wang Shiyue/Liu Xinyu and Chen Hong/Sui Zhuoming are slated to take part in the ice dance.
"The Cup of China is a very precious chance for us as we have few competitions this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Chinese team is now working hard to make preparations in Beijing. All the skaters will try their best in Chongqing," said Zhao Hongbo, the head coach of the Chinese figure skating team.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Belgium's Loena HENDRICKX was added to France in today's update (she is competing at Budapest Trophy later today, her first competition in 1.5 years): https://www.isu.org/docman-document...es-33/entries-5/25027-ladies-assignments/file

ETA that Loena skated a clean SP (kept Celine Dion's "It's All Coming Back To Me Now") with a new ISU PB! https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/oes-news-2020-2021-season.107303/page-3#post-5877476

GET IT LOENA!!

On a sidenote I read an article about her brother at outssports.com and how it felt to come out just before the Olympics. I love them so much

seabm7

Young YOU has been added to NHK Trophy (Nov. 26-29):

Since Korea and NHK Japan established a fast track entry for business purpuses, it will not be difficult for her to enter Japan. The problem is what will happen when she comes back to Korea. Ranking competition is December 18-20. This competition determines half of national team envelop points.

ETD: Fixed a typo.

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea

Since Korean and NHK established a fast track entry for business purpuses, it will be not difficult for her to enter Japan. The problem is what will happen when she comes back to Korea. Ranking competition is December 18-20. This competition determines half of national team envelop points.
Yay :cheer2: The Korean skaters deserve a chance to compete! I hope all the details can be sorted out successfully.

Colonel Green

Since Korea and NHK Japan established a fast track entry for business purpuses, it will not be difficult for her to enter Japan. The problem is what will happen when she comes back to Korea. Ranking competition is December 18-20. This competition determines half of national team envelop points.

ETD: Fixed a typo.
If the Korean fed sabotages their top skater for going to what might end up being her only international competitive opportunity of the whole season (and one she could win outright!), they’re really not smart.

Marco

If the Korean fed sabotages their top skater for going to what might end up being her only international competitive opportunity of the whole season (and one she could win outright!), they’re really not smart.
Do you mean to say you think the K Fed is not smart to purposely expose Young You to more risks than she would otherwise be exposed to for the sake of a GP? I believe Japan and Korea establishing a bubble means that both countries recognize that the risks are fairly even in both countries. Looking at the numbers, this seems fair.

As to whether she will miss the ranking competition, I am sure the K Fed has been consulted about this. If the K Fed makes it clear that it does not want to give her any sort of bye or leeway for potentially missing this competition vis-a-vis the rest of the season, then it is Young You's risk to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information