Alexei Yagudin wishes death on Adam Rippon for donating to a Black trans charity

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜

Winnipeg

OMG, what a dumb thing to say. Maybe Yag is wanting attention and any attention he thinks is good even if it makes him look bad. Maybe something got lost in translation.

jenny12

What a vile thing to say and believe. Adamā€™s response is perfection!

Yagudinā€™s hatefulness is disgusting and disappointing to me who used to be a fan of his. I would say that I hope he learns but Iā€™m guessing this has been within him for a long time. To wish death on someone is just beyond comprehension anyway but to do so because Adam was trying to help perhaps the most disenfranchised community just shows that something is deeply wrong with him.

Last edited:

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, weā€™d both be wrong.
What a vile thing to say and believe. Adamā€™s response is perfection!

Yagudin hatefulness is disgusting and disappointing to me who used to be a fan of his. I would say that I hope he learns but Iā€™m guessing this has been within him for a long time. To wish death on someone is just beyond comprehension anyway but to do so because Adam was trying to help perhaps the most disenfranchised community just shows that something is deeply wrong with him.

Totally. The world would be a boring place if we all had the same vanilla personality. I love Adamā€™s response. We need more people like him

Tinami Amori

Alexei Yagudin? Really?
There is a full blown discussion going on for a week, from the original moment of JK Rowling and the issue that started it (with all the translations) in the Russian topic.... :D

On the other hand, seems like stating "Russian Olympian" instead of a well-known name Alexei Yagudin, is beneficial to those who don't like Russia. The name of the topic highlights "Russia" and not a specific person who "did it".

My observation, Russians don't have time, energy or resources to worry about LGBTQ issues unless it is put in their face. In North America the LGBTQ issues are very often in the news, and to my regret too many people are NOT supportive.

Wow, that is really sad news.
ETA: Adam's response is phenomenal.

Adam's action to donate another 1000 USD in reply to Yag's insult is cool and phenomenal.
At the same time Adam's constant swearing and profanities, starting with an ideological disagreement with JK Rowling, are not... While Yag deserved to be sworn at for his "croak wish", Rowling did not deserve to have f-words used against her in regards to her "private parts".

Rowling - 1X wrong. She did not need to comment, it's not her business, nobody is telling her to be trans-anything....
Rippon - 2X wrong. He uses profanities and F-words on people he does not agree with.
Yagudin - 3X wrong. For using in a disagreement a wish to "croak" against a person and calling LGBTQ "nature's error".

Last edited:

Yuri

Saw this on my Twitter feed yesterday and on another skating forum, was wondering when it would make it over here...

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Itā€™s been discussed in the Russian skating thread. Thereā€™s an interview with Alexei from 1999 Skate Canada where he talks about the gay rumors surrounding him (and even as a pre-teen I remember reading about them around the Internet) and the fact that a lot of people equated living with Galindo for a few months to him being gay, but says Rudy was just helping with things like cell phones and using the internet. Super awkward and uncomfortable, and heā€™s obviously backtracked on all of that with his comments on Brown and now Rippon.

I think heā€™s miserable.

TallyT

Are those US skaters still following Yagudin? They don't have to speak up if they don't want to sure, but it's a bad look for high-level skaters in countries supposed to be more tolerant to show passive support for the man, and that's what following on social media is.

caseyedwards

Heā€™s like those people who pass bills in muslim or african nations that have death penalty for homosexuality

Yuri

Just because Alexei used the Š²Ń‹ form of you instead of the ты form doesn't mean that he wished death on anyone but Adam. Not that it's a good thing...

Š¢Ń‹ is used for (1) singular and (2) familiar, for family/friends. Clearly these two aren't friends, so Š²Ń‹ likely refers solely to Adam. The "all of you" translation that I have seen doesn't ring true to Russian to me.

Can't believe I am doing Russian grammar lessons, but I read this as a spat between the two of them that began with JK Rowling's comments on trans people, not necessarily a comment on all gays.

kittyjake5

You know when I read about his latest comments I was appalled but not by much.
Here is an article from 1999. The title says it all.

I recall when this was discussed nearly 20 years ago in another forum a lot of folks shrugged it off as he was young,
under the influence and did not understand that the N word was offensive.

Tinami Amori

Is it a disagreement if a person wishes you dead? This isnā€™t a discussion about whether you agree about pineapple on a pizza. I would say a f*cks and choice words directed at that person are completely in order in this case! :p
I complete agree that Yags deserved whatever insults Rippon sent his way.
Yet, prior to that Rippon started insulting and using F-words on "below the belt" area against Rowling, who was raising her questions in a proper literary language (sort of "ideological discussion"). Then Yag jumped in. That's what i meant.

When one wishes you to "croak" - f-words are proper. When one raises an "ideology" issues in a proper language - f-words make the respondent wrong.

Any issues can be debated politely in a proper language. Using F-word as an exclamation (What the F- is that! or I am f-ing tired...) is one thing, not great.. but not a fowl insult to another. But for a man (Rippon) to say to a woman (Rowling) a phrase with a use of f-word and suggesting an action of shoving it into her private area is nothing to praise. Even if it is an ideological disagreement use of literature/formal language is called for.

... still, Yag takes the cake with his comments, Rowling and Rippon can take a seat... :D

tony

And yeah @Tinami Amori - you know it wasnā€™t a disagreement. You know Yagudin was voicing his unasked opinion over what Rippon did with HIS OWN money. You know Yagudin not only chimed in where he wasnā€™t asked, but also wished death on somebody.

Get out of whatever decade youā€™re in trying to layer what Rippon did as being ā€˜wrongā€™ because of a common word.

FWIW, I also think itā€™s a bit pathetic of you to list your reasons while Rowling was ā€˜wrongā€™ as the first layer, which very much apply to Yagudin as well, but then try to call it a ā€˜disagreementā€™ when it came to Alexei.

Iā€™ll say this out loud- I bet Yagudin is praying cancel culture doesnā€™t come back with receipts for him.

becca

I donā€™t know why anyone would wish death anyone just because they disagree with someoneā€™s lifestyle...

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Adam Rippon has not been my particular cup of gin as a skater. And yet here I again find myself changing my mind because some ignorant, moldy jock strap gives me reason to.

Is Yags feeling ignored? All Plushenko's tacky business push him to remove all doubt of his a-holery?

On the other hand, seems like stating "Russian Olympian" instead of a well-known name Alexei Yagudin, is beneficial to those who don't like Russia. The name of the topic highlights "Russia" and not a specific person who "did it".

My observation, Russians don't have time, energy or resources to worry about LGBTQ issues unless it is put in their face. In North America the LGBTQ issues are
Rippon - 2X wrong. He uses profanities and F-words on people he does not agree with.

Whyyyyy did I take you off ignore???

Profanity is not anywhere near par with the garbage Adam received. Where does this out of whack notion come from?

Iā€™ll say this out loud- I bet Yagudin is praying cancel culture doesnā€™t come back with receipts for him.

Sounds like that's exactly what's at play right now, and I'm not sorry to see it.

tony

@becca - It's humorous/pitiful at the same time that someone can be a fan of figure skating for at least 18 years based on their join date at FSU and come here in 2020 and call it a 'lifestyle'.

You've been given plenty of opportunity within this sport to listen to athletes' stories and start to understand or, I don't know... change your way of thinking, yet here we are. You've had opportunity to read how skating was an outlet for some of these athletes to do something they really loved to do and feel like they were being themselves.

I'll argue with you about this all day and night. Don't bother pulling up some religion BS. Don't tell me how you're going to burst into flames the minute you open your mind. You haven't lived in the shoes of someone who is LGBTQ+, so you are right down there at the bottom with everyone else who thinks it's their place to decide what gay is and how it comes about.

chantilly

I donā€™t know why anyone would wish death anyone just because they disagree with someoneā€™s lifestyle...
Itā€™s not a lifestyle for gods sake.
Please stop using that offensive and archaic term.
Itā€™s who they are. And who they were born to be.
Iā€™m sorry if that feels like Iā€™m attacking you, and I appreciate your support against Yagudinā€™s bullying, homophobic, myopic and frankly disgusting comments
But you should know that any reference to or use of the word ā€œlifestyle ā€œ is offensive.

lala

You know when I read about his latest comments I was appalled but not by much.
Here is an article from 1999. The title says it all.

I recall when this was discussed nearly 20 years ago in another forum a lot of folks shrugged it off as he was young,
under the influence and did not understand that the N word was offensive.

I must defend him. In that time the n**** word was accepted and used in my country, too instead of the "afro-americans" therm. We didn't undertsand that is humiliating them. We just used and didn't think any bad on them. It took us time to learn. We have already learned! ( But even that word is used today by most of old people ) I apologise the afro-americans.

MsZem

I see the sea
Yagudin should be named in the title of the thread because he deserves to be identified with his comments.

And if Tinami's post reflects the so-called apology, then it's almost as bad. Basically, Yagudin was triggered by Adam Rippon donating to the Okra Project because he thinks there are more important causes? WTF.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I complete agree that Yags deserved whatever insults Rippon sent his way.
Yet, prior to that Rippon started insulting and using F-words on "below the belt" area against Rowling, who was raising her questions in a proper literary language (sort of "ideological discussion"). Then Yag jumped in. That's what i meant.

When one wishes you to "croak" - f-words are proper. When one raises an "ideology" issues in a proper language - f-words make the respondent wrong.

Any issues can be debated politely in a proper language. Using F-word as an exclamation (What the F- is that! or I am f-ing tired...) is one thing, not great.. but not a fowl insult to another. But for a man (Rippon) to say to a woman (Rowling) a phrase with a use of f-word and suggesting an action of shoving it into her private area is nothing to praise. Even if it is an ideological disagreement use of literature/formal language is called for.

... still, Yag takes the cake with his comments, Rowling and Rippon can take a seat... :D

Rippon said ā€œI just donated $1000 to the Okra Project because trans people matter, black trans people matter, and f*ck JK Rowlingā€™s backward ass opinion and her busted f*cking tweets.ā€

So first of all, Rippon did not tell Rowling to shove anything up any of her lower orifices. ;)

They were not even engaged in any sort of discussion. Even if they were, the idea that someone should modify the language they use depending on the gender of the person you speak to is frankly very sexist. It could also be construed as ā€œplaying the victimā€ which I know you are not a fan of. :D

No matter what language JK Rowling uses, the fact of the matter is she is not an expert on transgender issues and wrote something that was at best uninformed on the subject. Of course she can write what she likes, but that does not mean people cannot challenge her on that.

The fact that transgender people exist is not and should not be an issue that is up for debate. I have been in the position myself where something about my identity that I cannot change has been up for national and even global debate still. It is a very unpleasant and hurtful place to be.

Listen to transgender people. Listen to the medical and scientific experts. Do not listen to authors of childrenā€™s fantasy books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information