SKATING AND THE FUTURE

FSWer

Say,I just found out today that with all that's be going on with this **** and all,that they are now trying to figure out how we are going to play sports..and this thought came to me. What does everyone here think the future of Skating with be like? I myself wonder about what Ice-Dancing,Pairs Skating and Synchronized Skating. As with all 3 you have to make contact with another skater. Do you think that Skaters are going to need to wear masks as part of their costume? I think too that it would be hard for them to stay 6-feet apart. What do you all think?

carriecmu0503

Say,I just found out today that with all that's be going on with this **** and all,that they are now trying to figure out how we are going to play sports..and this thought came to me. What does everyone here think the future of Skating with be like? I myself wonder about what Ice-Dancing,Pairs Skating and Synchronized Skating. As with all 3 you have to make contact with another skater. Do you think that Skaters are going to need to wear masks as part of their costume? I think too that it would be hard for them to stay 6-feet apart. What do you all think?

Do you see skaters getting off the ice after skating a 2 1/2 minute short program? Their faces are drenched in sweat. There’s literally no way you would be able to wear a mask while skating. Beyond that, it would be dangerous. It’s hard enough to breath in one just standing still, let alone when engaging in sports. A completely sweat drenched mask would be absolutely dangerous. There is no way to keep skaters 6 feet apart in pairs, dance, or synchro. There’s really also no way to do it during practice for singles skaters. Look at competition warm-ups; there are only six people in the ice, and they sure are not staying 6 feet apart from each other, as evidenced by many near collisions.

FSWer

I agree with you Carrie. I was just wondering what other people here thought. Because it would also look really silly in competition. So with this **** going around, they would surely have to find a way for skaters to be near each other safely. As it would also be unrealistic.

DreamSkates

A vaccine will be the future of every "contact" sport, being able to feel comfortable in a restaurant or movie theater, etc. etc. etc.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
A vaccine will be the future of every "contact" sport, being able to feel comfortable in a restaurant or movie theater, etc. etc. etc.

Until the inevitable next p**demic is created by another vi**s crossing from animals to man, unless we seriously address the way we live! I'm hoping this will be a pivotal point in history, where we become a more caring society and address the damage we are doing to our environment/creatures living on the planet, which has led to this situation in the first place.

DreamSkates

Until the inevitable next p**demic is created by another vi**s crossing from animals to man, unless we seriously address the way we live! I'm hoping this will be a pivotal point in history, where we become a more caring society and address the damage we are doing to our environment/creatures living on the planet, which has led to this situation in the first place.
Just watching 60 Minutes and a environmental scientist who hopes that as with other pandemics, it will bring a turning point of positive change in the world. We gave hygienic conveniences today because of plagues in the past (including sewer systems). I don't know what this means for the future after this situation.

Iluvid

Do you see skaters getting off the ice after skating a 2 1/2 minute short program? Their faces are drenched in sweat. There’s literally no way you would be able to wear a mask while skating. Beyond that, it would be dangerous. It’s hard enough to breath in one just standing still, let alone when engaging in sports. A completely sweat drenched mask would be absolutely dangerous. There is no way to keep skaters 6 feet apart in pairs, dance, or synchro. There’s really also no way to do it during practice for singles skaters. Look at competition warm-ups; there are only six people in the ice, and they sure are not staying 6 feet apart from each other, as evidenced by many near collisions.
That’s because they never had to be that far apart. Now they may have to distance themselves accordingly.

DreamSkates

Maybe there will be some changes in residence. If they are both v-free, then they could live in the same home (not necessarily as a couple) and stay equally v-free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information