alilou's Adventures in Wonderland 2 - all over the map

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
The photos are particularly welcome when there is still lots of snow covering much of the ground I can see from my self-isolation at home. I think I will share a link with a friend or two who might enjoy the "lift".

Alilou

Ubercavorter
The photos are particularly welcome when there is still lots of snow covering much of the ground I can see from my self-isolation at home. I think I will share a link with a friend or two who might enjoy the "lift".
thanks so much @victorskid. Glad you enjoyed it, and hope your friends do too. No snow here, but rain today. Still, it makes no difference I'm not allowed outside anyway :( - another week to go. I admit I was still walking the forest trail close to home and keeping distance for the first few days we were back, but now it's mandatory to stay indoors so I'm doing the right thing. I just walked with weights around the apartment :lol: Not the same as fresh air but at least moving.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Great pics Alilou. I have never been to Rishikesh, though I have heard the name.
Thanks so much @Vash01. Rishikesh is wonderful. It's one of the three Ganges Holy towns, along with Haridwar and Varanasi. Total I've spent 2 months in Rishikesh, one day in Haridwar, and one week in Varanasi. Although I do love Rishikesh I think I have to say Varanasi is my favourite.

kedrin

Beautiful photos! We're still allowed outside, so I've been bike riding- easy to keep away from people on the bike. Spring is starting here, but the botanical garden is closed, although the parks are still open.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Beautiful photos! We're still allowed outside, so I've been bike riding- easy to keep away from people on the bike. Spring is starting here, but the botanical garden is closed, although the parks are still open.
Thanks so much @kedrin. Oh I do envy you being able to go outside :( I will be allowed outside in a week. Others are allowed outside here as long as they keep the 6ft distance. I only have to stay in because I just got back from Malaysia and 2 weeks indoors is mandatory. I miss my daily hike :( But I understand how important it is that we all do the right thing.

kedrin

Yes- it's hard staying inside, especially as the weather turns nicer. I've been mostly inside for about two and a half weeks, only out for grocery shopping and bike rides. Fortunately, we were told we could work form home if we wanted even before the mandatory orders.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
New blog post - about a beautiful fishing village in Japan - unlike anything else anywhere, and in true traditional Japanese style.

Kyoto By The Sea: Amanohashidate and Ine
Yesterday I finally got outside and went for a hike - it felt so good. :cheer: People here are really good about keeping distance.

Japanfan

Yesterday I finally got outside and went for a hike - it felt so good. :cheer: People here are really good about keeping distance.

Yes, we are doing very well here in Vancouver. There were lots of people out jogging and biking a few days ago, keeping their distance. I saw two friends in the past few weeks, but don't even think I'd do that now, unless keeping the appropriate distance, as has been advised. Now is not the time to buck authority.

I just saw a video of Japan - sidewalks crammed with people. I just don't get it. People are risking their lives and the lives of others needlessly. I fear Japan is going to have a crisis on par with New York's crisis. And Sweden isn't practicing distancing either, also some states still SFAIK.

I sort of get the 'herd immunity' theory, but what is the cost of that in terms of human lives?

EDA: I just read that Japan is going to implementing or recommending some measures in the next few days.

Last edited:

kedrin

I know- that green! I also related to what you were saying about a place taking on mythic dimensions- Lake Baikal was like that for me. I'm so glad I got to see it before the world shut down. I hope to get back once things open up.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I know- that green! I also related to what you were saying about a place taking on mythic dimensions- Lake Baikal was like that for me. I'm so glad I got to see it before the world shut down. I hope to get back once things open up.
Oh I'd love to get to lake Baikal. Heck, I'd love to get to any part of Russia. It's on the list!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I have a new blog post ready. I wanted to share more about ordinary life in Rishikesh, India, but of course things have changed since we were there earlier this year because of the pandemic, so I've written a bit about that too. Although Rishikesh is so far unaffected by the pandemic, things will probably get a lot worse in India before they get better :(

The Life of the Town: the people and wildlife of Rishikesh, India

kedrin

It's on my list. Since travel is on hold for the foreseeable future, I find I've been reading travel blogs. One day.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
On our list too - to get back to Malaysia, see more of Borneo, but also Taiwan, and a whole host of other countries. Gaaaaaarrrrrrr I may never travel again :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information