Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peepsquick

Hello Peepsquick,
Do you know this site ? http://www.fsvids.net/forums/
There is a lot of videos to download
You must have an account, but it's free, and you can download in the limit of 2,5 Gb / month. You can download more with a little contribution.
I'm sure you'll find video of Gaby & Guillaume very quiclky.
Enjoy :)

Thank you @ Escarbille! :love: I lost my bookmark for this site. So thank you so much for posting it!
I can't wait to see them skate this weekend ...:encore:

laviemn

Guillaume posted a training vid of their FD opening. Everything from these videos look curvier than at Masters, if that makes sense.

bcash

They all look to be a little more filled out with details. There was a short clip on YT with MFD showing the camera around the facility and you can see P/C doing their one-foot step sequence from the FD, and I think I saw Guillaume do an extra change of direction towards the end.

Miloune

according to his ig, his luggage are lost:eek:, air canada has an interest in finding them quickly:angryfire! we all want Leroy's shorts for Friday! and less stress for him:wuzrobbed

It's already wednesday night I hope they find it soon... The last time an airline lost my luggage they brought it back to me 4 months later lol (for info it was Delta)

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Same in the USA.

Can the skaters ship the skates ahead by may be one week?

That is not possible, as most skaters use just one pair of skates at a time, as they need to be broken in and gotten used to. You cannot just switch skates for a week before a competition.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
That is not possible, as most skaters use just one pair of skates at a time, as they need to be broken in and gotten used to. You cannot just switch skates for a week before a competition.

I know. It was just a thought. They need to practice with their skates. I would be nervous if my skates were not on the same flight as me, so shipping them may make me more nervous.

I really think the airport authorities need to allow skaters to carry their skates in the hand luggage if they provide documentation that they will be competing at their destination. Can the ISU help?

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
I know. It was just a thought. They need to practice with their skates. I would be nervous if my skates were not on the same flight as me, so shipping them may make me more nervous.

I really think the airport authorities need to allow skaters to carry their skates in the hand luggage if they provide documentation that they will be competing at their destination. Can the ISU help?

The problem is that a blade is a potentially dangerous object, so probably nothing the ISU can do.

If I was a potential Olympic medallist, I would certainly consider doing the following.
Take the blades off my boots and fly with just the boots in hand luggage.​
Send an extra set of blades to the Olympic village in case the blades were lost with the luggage.​

However, even this carries a risk, as each time you remove the screws fixing the blades, you compromise the secureness and positioning of the blades. The positioning of the blades is also something that is crucial, 1 millimetre misplacement can throw your off kilter.

So thinking about it, one solution would be that the boots with the blades are placed in a sealed container which only the air crew have a key to.

laviemn

Another training vid with a bit of new choreo. Jérémie Flemin thoughtfully edited in the poem for those who can't get enough of it.

So what happens if the luggage just doesn't arrive in time? Do they withdraw?

twinklestar

according to his ig, his luggage are lost:eek:, air canada has an interest in finding them quickly:angryfire! we all want Leroy's shorts for Friday! and less stress for him:wuzrobbed
Well, from now on, they will avoid Air Canada. I saw that they travelled in business class and this happened! This is not acceptable. I hope he will get heavily refunded for the damage or he can sue Air Canada.

Last edited:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Guillaume posted a training vid of their FD opening. Everything from these videos look curvier than at Masters, if that makes sense.

Thank you so much for sharing that! Beautiful! :respec::love:

Orm Irian

So what happens if the luggage just doesn't arrive in time? Do they withdraw?

Unlikely. Skaters have competed in borrowed boots before now, someone will lend him a pair if his were in the luggage that went missing. I remember Kailani even arrived at a competition once with nothing but her skates, because they were in her mum's suitcase but everything else was in hers - the other girls loaned her a dress, tights and makeup, and she won! And I'm pretty sure Lambiel once competed half a GP event in borrowed boots one time when he arrived late and his luggage arrived later...

But most likely it's just a delay and his bags will show up in the morning. And any smart skater would have their costumes in their carry-on after what happened to Kailani!

yuna13fr

Merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Also the dance practice is in 3 hours.
Will they do the rd or the free ? Anyway i can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information