Can't Help Falling In Love ... with Hubbell & Donohue (fan thread #2)

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
I've really been hoping for a non-romantic FD, so I won't lie, this would be pretty disappointing to me. I do like the music from the movie and I totally believe they could make a really nice FD with it, but I really want to see H/D do something different. They are fully capable of something more out of the box.

hlp728

If they use “I’ll Never Love again” especially Bradley Cooper’s part, I will bawl like a baby at everyone of their performances. The songs “I Don’t Know What Love Is” and “Music to My Eyes” has a alt-country waltz feel about them that would work with “Shallow.”

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I have avoided anything to do with the latest Star is Born. They are going to ruin my perfect track record.
Me too, they already have actually because when I saw those Instagram posts I finally decided to check out what was that famous shallow song all about. And well, as I kind of expected it's quite on the over dramatic side. Not my cup of tea but I can see them, actually especially her, interpreting the hell out of this.

clairecloutier

Here's another interview with Madi/Zach, which confirms they'll be using A Star Is Born for their FD.

They also mention that they may skip doing a Challenger Series event this fall and instead debut their programs at their first Grand Prix. Sounds like they don't want to deal with the altitude again at the Salt Lake Senior B. :) (It's too bad, because I've really enjoyed seeing them at the SLC event the last few years, but I get it.)

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019/05/14/madison-hubbell-zach-donohue-ice-dance/

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
NO, ZACH. NO. NOT A MOTORCYCLE.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByL0TZQBF7J/

As a long time fan, I have fears of him having an accident, injuring his leg, and H/D having to sit out a season.

Silver linings, if Zach can afford a Harley Davidson on top of training costs and living out of the country, then H/D must be doing very well financially at the moment and worries about affording training/living expenses a thing of the past. Of course, Madi and possibly his mom may want to kill him now. ;)

lmarie086

missing my cat :(

bcash

I've missed their power skating. On first glance I'm not sure about that first part. Music and choreo don't seem to mesh too well.

lauravvv

I've missed their power skating. On first glance I'm not sure about that first part. Music and choreo don't seem to mesh too well.
I agree about choreo not going with the music very well - to me even in the second part the music seems more powerful than the choreo for now. But I think we have to see the whole program in better quality first to really judge.

IloveFS

I don't like the music they selected for the middle part of the free dance at all!!! It kind of spoils it!

Miloune

Do the music cuts make more sense if you've watched the film?

Not really... The song they used in the middle is very minor in the movie (tbh I don't remember it), and imo not the best one sung by Bradley Cooper. I guess they wanted a strong change of pace, but I don't think it works well with Shallow.. and they put bits if dialogues?? Why?

Last edited:

laviemn

Not really... The song they used in the middle is very minor in the movie, and imo not the best one sung by Bradley Cooper. I guess they wanted a strong change of pace, but I don't think it works well with Shallow.. and they put bits if dialogues?? Why?

I can see they're trying to tell the story of the film and I don't understand how the first song helps. But I only know the most basic plot, this practice run thru is how I found out Bradley Cooper's character is a country singer. I think they wanted to show a different style of dancing, but it kind of doesn't allow Shallow to build properly to that climax with the choreo twizzles, which I already love.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
I'm surprised so many dislike it! I thought it was a great idea when I heard it announced. I'm not really disappointed in the program overall, considering it's just a practice run through. The choreographic parts I'm not in love with might be much better performed full out.

I am, however, already wary of all the stops, even considering it's a run through. So I hope I'm wrong. LOVE the costumes. And after last year's dirge, I'm sure the peppier middle part is a nice change.

kittysk8ts

Not really... The song they used in the middle is very minor in the movie (tbh I don't remember it), and imo not the best one sung by Bradley Cooper. I guess they wanted a strong change of pace, but I don't think it works well with Shallow.. and they put bits if dialogues?? Why?
I agree with every word of this. I love the Shallow part though and I wasn’t sure I would.

bcash

I'm surprised so many dislike it! I thought it was a great idea when I heard it announced. I'm not really disappointed in the program overall, considering it's just a practice run through. The choreographic parts I'm not in love with might be much better performed full out.

I am, however, already wary of all the stops, even considering it's a run through. So I hope I'm wrong. LOVE the costumes. And after last year's dirge, I'm sure the peppier middle part is a nice change.

Saw a HQ shot of their costumes and have to agree on that. Best costumes I've seen this season. So modern and casual chic.

That "Daddy" song for the SD though...a little cringey.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information