2019 Glacier Falls Summer Classic **VENUE MOVED**

Sylvia

TBD
I already spent the money, but $7 isn't that much for multiple days of a skating comp and the stream quality is excellent. ...

So is it the video company that set up this stream on YT or someone else?
It's the official videographer's YT account (Coronado Productions has live streamed Golden West for a while now and only started charging $7 last year) and my guess is that they forgot to make the Rink 2 stream "unlisted" on YT.
Budko has a very interesting program.
Weird. Essentially, she skates to a poem with no music for a substantial section of the program.
I think I figured out Alena Budko's FS music based on the "poem" recited in her FS ... the voiceover is by Mia Wasikowska in the role of India Stoker (2013 film): https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1682180/characters/nm1985859
Who is Caitlin Ha? Third in senior ladies SP is a great result in this field!
Caitlin Ha, 16, qualified for 2019 Nationals in Junior and placed 9th of 12 in Detroit.

These are the U.S. Senior and Junior skaters who improved on their previous high total scores this summer (currently top 10 in their respective levels):

Ryan Dunk (209.40), 1st in Senior Men
Eric Sjoberg (183.91), 2nd in Junior Men
Goku Endo (170.48), 3rd in Junior Men

Ellen Slavicek (163.71), 1st in Junior Ladies (I expect her to be added to the ISP; ETA: I believe she was injured last fall and that's why she didn't compete in Novice at SWP Regionals after having made her Team USA debut at the Asian Open Trophy in Bangkok in August 2018, placing 6th in Adv. Novice.)
Heidi Munger (147.91), 4th in Senior Ladies
Emilia Murdock (146.87), 5th in Senior Ladies
Caitlin Ha (145.78), 6th in Senior Ladies
Alena Budko (143.77), 2nd in Junior Ladies

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Gogolev's Junior FS music is to Peter Gabriel's "The Rhythm of the Heat" and "Red Rain" (ETA: also "Darkness" in the middle).

Eric Sjoberg's Junior FS program choreography was a highlight for me... mix of Piazzolla/Vivaldi's 4 Seasons and what sounded like Pachelbel's Canon or a variation of it (pizzicato version) to end.

I also liked that Liam Kapeikis chose "Red and Black" and "Empty Chairs" for the first two songs of his Les Miz FS before ending with the "Do You Hear the People Sing?"

Goku Endo skated ... to Phantom of the Opera, ending with a vocal version of "Music of the Night."
More free skate program music IDs, where known, of the recent senior/junior international competitors:

Yaroslav Paniot (UKR) - The Godfather
Ryan Dunk (returning to JGP) - "Io Ci Sarò" by Andrea Bocelli & pianist Lang Lang; choreo. by Jamie Isley
Sean Rabbitt - West Side Story medley from last season, self choreographed
Emmanuel Savary - Ragtime (piano) and jazzy medley

Alysa Liu (JGP debut) - "New World Symphony" by Jennifer Thomas (based on Dvorak's 9th symphony, 2nd 'Largo' movement); choreo. by Lori Nichol
Gabriella Izzo (returning to JGP) - "Vincent (Starry Starry Night)" (different cover than G/P's FD last season)
Emmy Ma (soon to be TPE) - "Adagio of Spartacus and Phrygia" from Spartacus by Aram Khachaturian
Megan Wessenberg - last season's FS to "The Friends of Mr. Cairo" by Jon and Vangelis
Akari Nakahara - last season's FS to the As You Like It OST by Patrick Doyle
Emilia Murdock (JGP debut) - Tango medley, including "Oblivion (One Stolen Kiss)" Astor Piazzolla/David Zippel, female vocal by Sisson, and ending with "Yo Soy Maria"
Ellen Slavicek (JGP debut possibly?) - Ghost the Musical, including "Unchained Melody" duet

Short program music identified by @haribobo (thanks!) yesterday in this thread:
Akari Nakahara - The Rose, vocals
Emilia Murdock - Black and Gold by Brenna Whitaker [from last season]
Gabriella Izzo - I'm Here by Cynthia Erivo [debuted at Egna Spring Trophy in late March]
Megan Wessenberg - Tainted Love by Claire Guerreso
Emmy Ma - Is That Alright by Lady Gaga
Alysa Liu - Don't Rain on My Parade [went back to last season's SP]
Sean Rabbitt - Turandot [Nessun Dorma, self-choreographed, I assume]
Ryan Dunk - The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice
Note: Dunk's programs were both choreographed by Jamie Isley (not sure which other programs she did for the MJM skaters).

ETA that the Gogolev YT videos include this info below:

SP: Grand Waltz by Valery Gavrilin from the ballet 'Anyuta' & Yablochko (Russian sailor dance) by Reinhold Glière.
Choreographed by Nadezhda Kanaeva

FS: The Rhythm of the Heat / Darkness / Red Rain by Peter Gabriel
[I assume the choreographer is Shae-Lynn Bourne]

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I hope that the error-riddled performance of this FS was just a fluke from Alysa. The music and overall program are GREAT. Should all of this season’s senior ladies have such gorgeous classical programs.

euterpe

ITA. She has 5-6 weeks before Lake Placid. Hopefully she [Liu] has gotten her "ya-yas" out of her system.

Alyssa didn't do so well competing at a US club competition against girls who don't have anywhere near her technical abilities. The stress is going to be so much higher at Lake Placid when there are Russian and Japanese girls who are real technical competition for her.

Tinami Amori

Alyssa didn't do so well competing at a US club competition against girls who don't have anywhere near her technical abilities. The stress is going to be so much higher at Lake Placid when there are Russian and Japanese girls who are real technical competition for her.
She did quite well few weeks ago at Broadmoor, quads and 3A.

Dobre

It will be a learning year for her, for sure. And the new level of marking and competition will be a challenge. That's good. Her season last year generally indicates that she loves having competition. I also think it will be interesting to see which jumps she brings with her to Lake Placid, and what she keeps in the vault. Summer competitions are a great place to try new jumps and formats. Last year she kept her summer difficulty, but it is possible that after this performance, her team may dial back some of it for the early portion of the JGP. (Alysa with one "s"). We just have to watch & see.

Think maybe she shocked herself her with the pop on the axel. (Usually we see her rotate & fall if she misses it rather than pop). Anyway it was a rough skate on the big elements. I think it will likely not be the last one we see from the ladies this season if we really see multiple ladies going after quads & triple axels. I think at least 7 JGP or GP level athletes have been going for at least one or two different big jumps in competition.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

I have a really soft spot for Paniot, but who the hell is responsible for his choreo in the SP?
This does not suit him at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information