2019-2020 Programs and Choreographers

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
What delusional world do you live in? :rofl: Someone always complains about The Feeling Begins. Every time anyone uses it.

I didn't like it back when Michelle Kwan was using it!

I do like the Lawrence of Arabia music. In the film it's really good but repetitive. I don't suppose it will be too repetitive in a skating program; there won't be time.

mjb52

I think this is a good choice for S/K. I don't know that they really have a chance to challenge P/C, but they certainly as competitive athletes should try and this is a good contrast in styles to what P/C often :) do, and also contrasts with what they did themselves last year while sort of building on it at the same time. They also will want to hold their ground vs. S/B, which will be a challenge in and of itself! The short program is such a wild card, god knows who is going to excel at that! Have S/B announced any of their choices yet?

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
What delusional world do you live in? :rofl: Someone always complains about The Feeling Begins. Every time anyone uses it.

Agreed. Best version still was the one who introduced me to it... The Kween.

I still will never understand all the fear that exists in the figure skating world. If I had to do even one warhorse (but Id have to sink my teeth into Swan Lake just once) I would quit figure skating. For me its like being a singer but constantly singing other peoples songs... never once singing anything of my own.

I dont remember Zag doing anything but warhorses. My interest level is still at a zero. I wouldn't mind her warhorses if she had the jumps of an Osmond or Daleman... but for me tooooo vanilla. Not even her tutus on steroids held my interest.

Eisfee

I think this is a good choice for S/K. I don't know that they really have a chance to challenge P/C, but they certainly as competitive athletes should try and this is a good contrast in styles to what P/C often :) do, and also contrasts with what they did themselves last year while sort of building on it at the same time. They also will want to hold their ground vs. S/B, which will be a challenge in and of itself! The short program is such a wild card, god knows who is going to excel at that! Have S/B announced any of their choices yet?
Their SD will be from Moulin Rouge.

Tinami Amori

The info about Tuktamysheva and Averbuch's choreography.
He did choreograph her Gala programme to "Shallow".

Tinami Amori

A world where only Russians are victims and are mercilessly picked on by everyone else... How dare people have different opinions!? :drama:
Wrong. It's about a nasty trend to take exceptional skaters, champions, who stand above the rest, and look at them through a prism of negativity and to knock them down before they even had a chance to do what they said they will.
  • Nathan Chen - Yale - skating - can't do it. He is now a World Champion who beat Hanyu and the rest.
  • Alysa Liu - 3A - US Nat'l Champion - learned quad in 1 season, young, pretty, talented and with huge drive. Countrymen should be happy? no.... She gets negativity from her own countrymen - too much hype, too much media, what about injuries, may lose jumps with puberty, not survive to Olympics.. She is doing fine! the only US medal hope even if in Juniors.
  • Zagitova - most titled Ladies Skater since Yuna Kim, announces her music and programme. Already negativity. She has not yet had a chance to even show the small part of it.

Bad trend... ;)

Last edited:

starrynight

Nam doesn’t want people watching his program on YouTube.

I love Beatles programs but it's impossible to watch them back sadly.

Matteo Rizzo had a really good Beatles program but according to YouTube it basically doesn't exist. (Although after the big YouTube purges plenty of programs seem to be lost forever sadly). But at least because he skated it twice at the Olympics, everyone got to see it on television.

If I was a skater looking to climb the ranks and get momentum in a non-Olympic year, I wouldn't choose any music that would get muted on YouTube. I think so much of the momentum does get generated by fans playing back videos etc.

synchrogirl17

Wrong. It's about a nasty trend to take exceptional skaters, champions, who stand above the rest, and look at them through a prism of negativity and to knock them down before they even had a chance to do what they said they will.
  • Nathan Chen - Yale - skating - can't do it. He is now a World Champion who beat Hanyu and the rest.
  • Alysa Liu - 3A - US Nat'l Champion - learned quad in 1 season, young, pretty, talented and with huge drive. Countrymen should be happy? no.... She gets negativity from her own countrymen - too much hype, too much media, what about injuries, may lose jumps with puberty, not survive to Olympics.. She is doing fine! the only US medal hope even if in Juniors.
  • Zagitova - most titled Ladies Skater since Yuna Kim, announces her music and programme. Already negativity. She has not yet had a chance to even show the small part of it.

Bad trend... ;)

Of course, my bad. I forgot you are never negative at all...

Mad for Skating

Dmitri Aliev
SP: Je Dors Sur Des Roses, by Mikelangelo Loconte
LP: The Sound of Silence, by Distruded

Excited about this, especially the free program!

That’s so cool! Is there video of this program?

LoopCombo

If I was a skater looking to climb the ranks and get momentum in a non-Olympic year, I wouldn't choose any music that would get muted on YouTube. I think so much of the momentum does get generated by fans playing back videos etc.

I agree so much about the momentum generated by fans playing videos. There needs to be a resource similar to the ESPN Classics concept where old figure skating competitions are available to view online. I’d pay for it, although I think there should be some content available for free, maybe supported by ads? Watching not just the wonderful individual performances, but also the context and chronology of the sporting competition they were a part of is so much fun for me, even when I somewhat remember the outcomes.

LoopCombo

I for one am excited for Zagitova’s Cleopatra program! My husband and I listened to the 3 pieces of music last night, and we thought it had the potential to be really good. Lots of skaters mix together different pieces in a program (not sure why people are saying this is a bad omen), and I personally rather like the cuts and dramatic sound-effects of Daniil G. This program also has potential for a fantastic costume — Zagitova always has great costumes. I hope she puts the Adelina Sotnikova spin from her Bad Guy gala into this program since it seems like it would fit, and I hope she does do some ‘Egyptian arms.’ It’s fun! Why not? Maybe she can die at the end like Katerina in Carmen did, throwing herself onto the ice. Are skaters allowed to do that again? I loved it when everyone used to die at the end of their programs. Zagitova became a more emotive performer this past season (when she was on). I think she can be even more into the character this coming season. Finding out what people are skating to is like Christmas morning (including the disappointments some people are suffering from 😹).

LoopCombo

The green dress is gorgeous!

DobrinFan

Roman Savosin
SP: “Bessarabia Gypsy Dance” from Igor Moiseev’s ballet, choreographer Anastasia Kazakova
FP: Tchaikovski’s “Piano Concerto No. 2” choreographer Nikolai Morozov

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Roman Savosin
SP: “Bessarabia Gypsy Dance” from Igor Moiseev’s ballet choreographer Anastasia Kazakova
FP: Tchaikovski’s “Piano Concerto No. 2” choreographer Nikolai Morozov
SP is an interesting choice for him, I am looking forward to.
Happy he is keeping his FS, he had good momentum with it and it's a decent program; so good starting seniors with something he's already comfortable with.
Slay Roman!

Last edited by a moderator:

DobrinFan

Happy he is keeping his FS, he had good momentum with it and it's a decent program; so good starting seniors with something he's already comfortable with.
Slay Roman!

No. This Piano Concerto #2 is Tchaikovski, last year was Rachmaninov. I think this is his first time working with Morozov too.

Colonel Green

I love Beatles programs but it's impossible to watch them back sadly.

Matteo Rizzo had a really good Beatles program but according to YouTube it basically doesn't exist. (Although after the big YouTube purges plenty of programs seem to be lost forever sadly). But at least because he skated it twice at the Olympics, everyone got to see it on television.

You can still find videos of Piper and Paul's Beatles program, for whatever reason.

Tinami Amori

Roman Savosin
SP: “Bessarabia Gypsy Dance” from Igor Moiseev’s ballet, choreographer Anastasia Kazakova
Oh, this is hilarious. I love that music.
It's not real/authentic Gypsy music. It's based on melodies of Bessarabian Jews, composed by Sasha Halperin (Galperyn)...... :D
Almost half of the music is based on Freilekhs..
:lol:
Tuk's exhibition/green dress
That’s so cool! Is there video of this program?
She performed it (the audience said) at the last segment of the Dreams on Ice in Japan. But it was not shown on TV (yet?). So no video. There are fotos only, this is one of them.

Last edited:

Debbie S

Carreira/Ponomarenko each posted on their Instagram story tonight that their RD will be Too Darn Hot (Kiss Me Kate).

Nguyen/Kolesnik spent the weekend in NYC working with Kaitlyn Weaver and an off-ice dance instructor, per their IGs. It also looks like they saw a Broadway show, presumably the subject of their RD, but they're keeping fans in suspense. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information