2019-2020 Programs and Choreographers

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

Sylvia

TBD
My guess is that Daniel Grassl is referring to music from A Single Man film soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski (rather than "Lonely" Man?).

Kaori Sakamoto has been working with Benoit Richaud at the Würth Arena as well (she's in some of Grassl's photos) and I assume she must be getting her free skate choreographed by him.

Last edited:

Debbie S

Alexa Knierim just posted on her IG that their SP will be At Last (Beyonce). Benoit Richaud.

Sylvia

TBD
Pooja Kalyan (USA)

SP: Thaïs Meditation by Jules Massenet, choreographed by Stephane Lambiel
FS: Piano Trio by Maurice Ravel, choreographed by Tom Dickson
Thanks, do you have a source or link as well? :)

Alexa Knierim's IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx5Ua2Tgca3/
2019/20 Free Program Music: “Drop of Fragrance” composed by Maxime Rodriguez paired with “Experience” by Ludovico Einaudi. Choreographed by Benoit Richaud.
(ETA: I assume this is an original composition by Rodriguez.)

Is Richaud the new hot choreographer everyone is flocking to now?
He's been widely used in Europe for a while now but is starting to be used more by higher profile skaters in the USA and Japan in the past few seasons.

Last edited:

okokok777

Thanks, do you have a source or link as well? :)

Alexa Knierim's IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx5Ua2Tgca3/
2019/20 Free Program Music: “Drop of Fragrance” composed by Maxime Rodriguez paired with “Experience” by Ludovico Einaudi. Choreographed by Benoit Richaud.

Of course! I messaged her directly on Instagram and received permission to share the information on FSU. Should I attach a screenshot of the DM?

Sylvia

TBD
Of course! I messaged her directly on Instagram and received permission to share the information on FSU. Should I attach a screenshot of the DM?
Not necessary, thank you. :) I know she was in Champery, Switzerland not too long ago but she didn't give away on her IG that she was getting her SP choreographed. ;)

Orm Irian

Whose program was the tipping point for Einaudi (in general, not just "Experience") being warhorse?

I don't know which one tipped it over to warhorse territory - I think that's more because multiple people are using it in the same season/you hear the music in your head the instant they say the title - but for me it was probably Laurine Lecavelier's 2016-17 SP that gave it the chance to become one. That was the first 'Experience' program to really stand out as something special and show what could be done with the music when it was combined with effective choreography. After that you started to see people hopping on the bandwagon more.

jenny12

My goodness.
This has a LOT of potential.

Looking forward to seeing this program develop through the season and I'm also curious to see where the costuming goes. Hard to pigeon-hole this music into a specific style or genre, so the options will be many.

Agreed. I think it is great she is trying a different style and the movement is very cool. I think Rika just has to get more comfortable with it and hopefully she will develop the expression over time.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Satoko Miyahara’s new SP!!

Be still my fluttering heart :swoon::swoon::swoon: this program is INSANE!

If I'm honest, the singer's voice irritates me a little! But it's a :kickass: program for her. It seems to help her open up and skate bigger, which is what people always seem to want from her.

It's not like her to fall out of a spin, though. I hope she's not overdoing it again. What was Richaud saying about being on the ice 10 hours a day?

jenny12

Satoko Miyahara’s new SP!!

Be still my fluttering heart :swoon::swoon::swoon: this program is INSANE!

Love it! Different style but her movement is just brilliant! She is such a fluid, natural dancer. Satoko is living up to her tiny queen name. Great expression throughout as well! I adore these brilliant Japanese young women. They are really making ladies skating for me!

Last edited:

shine

Honestly, Satoko looked like a second-tier skater who just join Eteri’s team in that performance. What even is she trying to do? The program is a mess and looks very mailed in by Richaud.

Enchanted

Honestly, Satoko looked like a second-tier skater who just join Eteri’s team in that performance. What even is she trying to do? The program is a mess and looks very mailed in by Richaud.

There’s no real choreography in there. I wish the skaters wouldn’t use Richaud’s choreography, it’s often lacking.

Rock2

I can understand why you would say that but, as with Rika's program this one needs time. This is the point in the season when the athletes are least trained and in addition, you're doing well to even get the steps half right in complex programs such as this. Forget looking polished.

This program won't be in a finished state until possibly as late as GPF. I'll be in a better position to judge by about then. Ambitious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information