CBC Revives Battle of the Blades Skating Show!

Alvyne

Wow, can't wait to see who the cast will be! Meagan for sure, maybe Julianne if she's not continuing with competitive skating. There have been foreign skaters in the past, so maybe we can hope for Aliona? Or Tatiana Voloshozhar?

coppertop1

Wow..I am so excited...After doing so well in 2018 Olympics and the TYCT the public seems more into skating and having worlds in Canada next yr and lots of semi-retired skaters this yr timing is good.

Pyeongchang was our best Olympics, we had the Dream Team for figure skating. It's a gold mine from touring and for producers.

Sonata

I am SO happy about this!! This show did my heart a lot of good. The personal stories, the memorable routines… Seeing Barb Underhill and Katia Gordeeva skate pairs again...

Can't wait. Thanks for the news @skategal.

These are exactly the two skaters I think about when I'm reminded of this show. Barb Underhill, because of the number she did in memory of her daughter with her two skating partners; Gordeeva, because she shines as a skating partner and I was blown away by her numbers with Valery Bure.

It was great learning about different charities and parts of the country during its first run, and getting to know the athletes, coaches and choreographers. I would love to see some of the skaters in semi-retirement participate. Also, I want Shae-Lynn to finally win!

coppertop1

Duhamel and Radford yes, maybe Dylan if he's in shape?. Julianne, who else?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tatiana Volosozhar there. BOTB has often had great Russian skaters there. If they do a male pair skater, Dylan would be a good choice if he's in shape. vanessa Crone? Paige Laurence? Alexandra Mitchell? Meryl Davis? Maia Shibutani?

I would love to see Shae-Lynn Bourne win.

The only thing that would make it better is if Tessa was there.

uandmfan

I hope they will have some skaters from the past too. The highlights for me during the first few seasons were seeing my old favourites.....Barb Underhill, Christine Hough, Isabelle Brasseur, Joydene Higgins, Shae-Lynn Bourne..... the last season was less interesting for me with the foreign and younger skaters (although Elena and Katia were amazing to see again). It will be interesting to see who they get - it's so exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information