Mississauga to host 2020 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I'm already planning to go to 2020 Worlds in Montreal, so at the start of this season I said to myself "The only way I'm buying tickets to anything in addition to Worlds next year is if something is taking place basically in my backyard - like Kitchener or Mississauga".

I guess I know what I'm doing next January. :lol:

Seerek

One thing that isn't clear is whether a skater like potentially Stephen Gogolev would be assigned to the 2020 winter Youth Olympics in Lausanne but then expected to make the quick turnaround back to Canada for nationals (or will Skate Canada just not bother this time around, unlike in 2016 when Roman Sadovsky was sent when YOG was in February).

chaanfaan

I haven't seen anything regarding a promo code for pre sale tickets for Monday. Any news on that?
If you registered on the skate Canada website they sent you a link to Ticketmaster. However I can’t seem to be able to purchase ant tickets. Keeps giving me an error message or says another fan beat me to the tickets :(

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
If you registered on the skate Canada website they sent you a link to Ticketmaster. However I can’t seem to be able to purchase ant tickets. Keeps giving me an error message or says another fan beat me to the tickets :(

Yes that happened to me a couple of times but my third choice I got .. hoping I have my corners right lol I got section 16 I did want the same seats in 17 but they were already gone.. we are in row E so mid range cost.

rvi5

Anyone notice the Ticketmaster purchase receipt say 12:00am Jan 14, 2020 to 11:59pm Jan 14, 2020? I assume it is a print error?

rvi5

At every event I have attended at that arena, the judges usually sit where the hockey player’s benches are located. The coaches and flower girls are across the rink in the hockey penalty box area. Photographers are in the area just left of the judges, front row near the K&C (if you are looking towards the judges from centre ice) The K&C is typically at the left side. The Zamboni entrance is at the right opposite end.

Below is an old 2016 layout, but it is likely similar. See diagram at bottom of page...

http://www.dashtours.com/52.html

barbarafan

One thing that isn't clear is whether a skater like potentially Stephen Gogolev would be assigned to the 2020 winter Youth Olympics in Lausanne but then expected to make the quick turnaround back to Canada for nationals (or will Skate Canada just not bother this time around, unlike in 2016 when Roman Sadovsky was sent when YOG was in February).

Interesting thought...Biggest question...will he be in the middle of a growth spurt which would greatly reduce practices. Last year he did at least one summer competition as a Senior...then switched to Junior program for JGP then switched to training Senior for nationals..but in the middle got called up as a sub in JGP final..back to Senior for nationals and then to Juniors for Junior worlds. He is very dedicated and competitive but doing great at nationals is for experience and funding not for making Senior International competitions as he is still too young. How many places de we have for Junior Worlds this year?

sharpblade

Judges are sections 19-21. Kiss and Cry is at the end by Sections 1 and 26.
Would have been nice to know this before purchasing tickets. Hope our view isn't obstructed! Had that happen before at World Synchro's and no price reduction for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information