JGP Dates/Locations for 2019/2020 (and GP dates)

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
So I have not been to Torino how is it for hotels around venue etc?

There are a few hotels within 10 minutes walk of the venue, but the Lingotto Metro station that was supposed to open for the 2006 Olympics finally opened in 2011 so you could stay in the Porta Nuova area and get the metro to the Lingotto metro station near the venue (9 minutes from Porta Nuova to Lingotto).

The Palavela kind of sucks as an arena though. No backs on seats on the sections nearest the ice and you will essentially be sitting on concrete so bring a cushion. Real lack of toilets too.....

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
There are a few hotels within 10 minutes walk of the venue, but the Lingotto Metro station that was supposed to open for the 2006 Olympics finally opened in 2011 so you could stay in the Porta Nuova area and get the metro to the Lingotto metro station near the venue (9 minutes from Porta Nuova to Lingotto).

The Palavela kind of sucks as an arena though. No backs on seats on the sections nearest the ice and you will essentially be sitting on concrete so bring a cushion. Real lack of toilets too.....[/

Thanks for info will have to decide

Hanna

Skating junkie
Oh no, Palavela? :yikes:

I already had a 2-week trip planned around Strasbourg. Time to update the plan. :drama:

kalamalka

Oh no, Palavela? :yikes:

I already had a 2-week trip planned around Strasbourg. Time to update the plan. :drama:
I was looking forward to going to Strasbourg. Not nearly as enthusiastic about Torino. Especially given what people have said about the arena.

sbaker-12

I'm so excited! I've been living in Southeast Asia for a few years, and it looks like I'll be in Europe this winter. I'll finally have a chance to see some live skating. When do tickets usually go on sale for the GPF?

nimi

GP dates and locations confirmed in the ISU communication No. 2234, published today:

Skate America: Las Vegas, NV / USA, October 18-20, 2019
Skate Canada: International Kelowna, BC / CAN, October 25-27, 2019
Internationaux de France: Grenoble / FRA, November 1-3, 2019
Cup of China: Chongqing / CHN, November 8-10, 2019
Rostelecom Cup: Moscow / RUS, November 15-17, 2019
NHK Trophy: Sapporo / JPN, November 22-24, 2019
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final: Torino / ITA, December 5-8, 2019

The communication also announces provisional dates for the 2020/21 GP season. The GPF will be held in Beijing in December 10-13, 2020. I assume that is going to be the Olympic test event, then...?

Sylvia

TBD
GP dates and locations confirmed in the ISU communication No. 2234, published today:
I started a separate thread on March 27 in GSD here: ISU Grand Prix 2019/20 and provisional dates for 2020/21

Bumping this thread up to post the link to the 2019 JGP announcement document... (we had a 2018 pre-season JGP general discussion thread in GSD last year that could be started later, maybe after the individual JGP Announcements are published online?).

ISU Junior Grand Prix General Announcement for the 2019/20 season is published (25 pages): https://www.isu.org/docman-document...-grand-prix-2019-20-general-announcement/file
This includes tables with initial number of entries allowed by discipline for each country.

#1 August 21-24, 2019 Courchevel / FRA
#2 (incl. Pair Skating) August 28-31, 2019 Lake Placid, NY / USA
#3 September 4-7, 2019 Riga / LAT
#4 (incl. Pair Skating) September 11-14, 2019 Chelyabinsk / RUS
#5 (incl. Pair Skating) September 18-21, 2019 Gdansk / POL
#6 (incl. Pair Skating) September 25-28, 2019 Zagreb / CRO
#7 October 2-5, 2019 Egna / ITA

The Organizing ISU Member may enter in its event up to three (3) Men, three (3) Ladies and up to three (3) Ice Dance Couples; there is no limitation in the number of entries in its Pairs’ event.

2.4 Procedure of Nominating and Deadline
The following procedure is necessary to control and to calculate points as well as to offer possible changes of non-used slots within the various events:
a) Entries by number
ISU Members must announce by June 1, 2019 at the latest, to the ISU Secretariat, their participants by number for all seven events of the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The official forms must to be used.
The ISU Members must also announce by June 1, 2019 the disciplines and/or the events in which they were originally entitled to enter participants but will not use this right.
Requests of changes of events or slots will only be approved in exceptional circumstances and must be addressed to the ISU Secretariat by May 24, 2019.
Based on the information received from the ISU Members, the ISU will inform the ISU Members concerned
about changes or additional possibilities to enter Competitors, after June 15, 2019.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
RUS only entered 3 pairs the last time they had a JGP (swept the podium at Cup of Mordovia 2016).

ETA trivia note: Only 3 of the 10 pairs are still skating together (2nd Boikova/Kozlovskii RUS, 4th Ferland/Matte CAN, 6th Digerness/Neudecker USA).

Last edited:

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Yes. That’s been the case for a while. I think they only entered 3 or 4 the last time they hosted one.

I assume it's a decision based on funding; the federation has to pay for travel/etc for skaters selected for a JGP. I can imagine that cost becomes super-expensive for an unlimited amount of skaters, even if it is in their own country.

DobrinFan

Bumping this thread up to post the link to the 2019 JGP announcement document... (we had a 2018 pre-season JGP general discussion thread in GSD last year that could be started later, maybe after the individual JGP Announcements are published online?).

Courcheval general announcement is up. Entry deadline July 19th.

Preliminary schedule

Thursday, August 22
14:00 LADIES – Short Program
MEN – Short Program

Friday, August 23
14:30 ICE DANCE – Rhythm Dance
LADIES – Free Skating

Saturday, August 24
11:45 MEN – Free Skating
ICE DANCE – Free Dance
20:00 Gala Exhibition

https://www.isu.org/docman-document...469-jgp-courchevel-fra-2019-announcement/file

euterpe

So it will be a little over a month until the entries for Courchevel will be posted.

Sylvia

TBD
JGP #2 – Lake Placid prelim. likely event order (times not yet known):

Thursday, August 29, 2019
Men’s SP
Pairs SP

Friday, August 30, 2019
Rhythm Dance
Ladies SP
Men’s FS

Saturday, August 31, 2019
Free Dance
Pairs FS
Ladies FS

Any FSUers planning to go?

sk9tingfan

JGP #2 – Lake Placid prelim. likely event order (times not yet known):

Thursday, August 29, 2019
Men’s SP
Pairs SP

Friday, August 30, 2019
Rhythm Dance
Ladies SP
Men’s FS

Saturday, August 31, 2019
Free Dance
Pairs FS
Ladies FS

Any FSUers planning to go?

Driving up on Wednesday and staying midway in Malta until Thursday AM and then will be in Lake Placid until Sunday when I'll drive home.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information