Gilles and Poirier Cheer Thread

nimi

I think people did not like the program, not the music. The music is great!!!
Well, I remember coming across some comments where somebody was dissing Yma Sumac. Like, "Why is she making those weird noises? Too gimmicky!" or something. Apparently some people just hate joy?!? :p

Like @kates8 said, P2 made some brave decisions during this long & stressful season. Watching the Milan SD, I was surprised that the choreo & order of the elements looked different this time around. I took a look at the protocols and yes, they indeed changed the order of step sequences from 1) pattern step 2) not touching 3) rhumba (Olys) to 1) pattern step 2) rhumba 3) not touching (Worlds). I don't think any other team made such a big change in their SD after Olys but P2 did and it paid off! :cheer2:

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Edited to add: Links to G/P 2018/2019 RD and FD from Nebelhorn in case anyone is as woefully behind on things as I am this eary season!

My apologies if there is a newer G&P fan thread - I couldn't find one! I just wanted to say that I LOVE their new programs as presented at Nebelhorn! IMO they really "get" tango like few others, and I was captivated by their free program and enjoyed all the unique movements they brought. G&P are one of my favorite dance teams ever just because they always try to bring something different to the ice. I have so much respect for their creativity! Hard to believe they are both only 26? Hoping we have many more years of innovative programs in front of us! :respec::respec::respec:

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Now that I have watched their free program twice I like / love it. There're some parts in the middle where the footwork and choreography could be more interesting..but that ending lift (spin) is AMAZEBALLS!!!!!

And he is one of my 4 current figure skating husbands... so there's that!

@Doggygirl 26 you say???????? hmmmm well there would be a considerable age gap... but listen, not my problem.

laviemn

I think at this point they have the strongest set of programs by far. The FD especially was riveting, and they look like they've improved a lot, to a point where this is the first season I really believe they can win their Nationals without W/P making a disastrous mistake. I'll be rooting for them.

kates8

What a fabulous set of programs this year - they always come up with something unique, but this year I think they are bang on in their interpretation of both Rhythm and Free Dance. Vincent brought me to tears. Judges need to smarten up and get on board this year! They keep improving and are just amazing

Jenifer

I haven't posted here in a loooong time, but after watching Paul and Piper's free dance at Nebelhorn I wanted to see if others loved it as much as I did. I'm such a fan of this team's body of work and can't wait to see how Vincent grows over the course of the year.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
I haven't posted here in a loooong time, but after watching Paul and Piper's free dance at Nebelhorn I wanted to see if others loved it as much as I did. I'm such a fan of this team's body of work and can't wait to see how Vincent grows over the course of the year.

I totally share your sentiments!! I looked for this old fan thread for the same reasons and like you, I also really appreciate their body of work. Can't wait to see these programs evolve across the season!

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Having watched them live this weekend I can say that they were absolutely incredible. The sheer emotion of that free dance was something I'll never forget. Watch this space.

I would love to see these programs live. I'm jealous!

ETA: Can't wait to see P/C's programs!

Impromptu

Sekret Custom Title
I've liked their most of their programs (er, aside the one they did the second season they were together), loved some of their programs (Psycho, Beatles short dance), but I had no idea they had this in them. Their FD made me cry (in a good way), and I can't recall the last time (if ever) a competitive program has made me do that. I keep going back and watching it.

kittysk8ts

YES!

ETA: Oh wait, I have to buy and download the whole album?
I think so. I tried to find the single on ITunes last night but it wasn’t t there in the individual song list. 😞. Maybe it will be at some point.

It would be approximately $14 US and about $17.00 Canadian for the whole album. Very reasonable 😄

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information