Avanta Boot Labs Slam Karen Chen For Boot Problems

Tinami Amori

Fair enough, kudos to you for admitting a mistake.
well, it was not just an information mistake, i also accused you incorrectly. sorry about that. a lot of issues which have nothing to do with race become "racial", and i reacted, yet in this case you were right. peace... :lol:

I wonder if i am the only one who found the sexual remarks in the comment section to be very alarming and worth mentioning... and the "seductive foto" chosen by the publication for a teen girl did not help..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 53443

well, it was not just an information mistake, i also accused you incorrectly. sorry about that. a lot of issues which have nothing to do with race become "racial", and i reacted, yet in this case you were right. peace... :lol:

I wonder if i am the only one who found the sexual remarks in the comment section to be very alarming and worth mentioning... and the "seductive foto" chosen by the publication for a teen girl did not help..

I thought of those two things also, yes.

UGG

Speaking really generally, I always think that calling out offensive comments isn’t so much about changing the person’s mind that wrote the offensive comment but more about other people reading it. I think a lot of racism/sexism/etc... is so normalized that often it takes someone pointing it out to make people realize that it’s actually occurring.

Good point

Skittl1321

The headline did not go through multiple professionals and was taken down very quickly. Anthony Federico, the man who wrote it, later said that the racial meaning never crossed his mind and that he became physically ill when he realized what he'd done.

Federico was indeed fired and has since taken a very different career path.

Wow- I'm shocked they have their writers submit articles directly to publication.

Sylvia

TBD
Posted in this thread on March 6:
Like I said previously, I've talked with the owners and the post will be removed. Further actions will be done privately.
It's possible that this SNG poster is not Will Murillo himself but someone who promised something they can't deliver. Or he/she just changed their mind since the March 6th post.

Sylvia

TBD
There are a lot of vengeful jerks in this world.

One of Karen's quotes in Elliott Almond's article last week:
“Getting hate or comments like that is just not pleasant,” said Chen, speaking publicly about the situation for the first time. “No one has a good time reading about things like that. I felt it was best for me to let it go.”

ElenaM

V
Quoted the comment on Instagram ... wow indeed.

September 2016: Charles Rainer Sinek convicted of drug trafficking, age 51. https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndny/pr/jury-convicts-california-man-conspiring-distribute-opiates

July 2017: Handra and Sinek welcome a baby, age "48" (?). http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017...ra-sinek-reveling-in-being-first-time-parents

Wonder when he went to prison.

Is this also him? "His older brother, Charles P., 23, also of Pittsford, pleaded guilty to burglary, third degree, in county court Friday in satisfaction on 17 charges. He had been indicted for 14 counts of petit larceny and three counts of burglary, third degree. ... Sinek, who was represented by attorney Verner Inpam, Jr., admitted he had picked the lock to a laundry room door in Congdon Hall at the Clarkson campus and stole money from the laundry machines."

http://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/lccn/sn83031769/1989-02-21/ed-1/seq-18.pdf
Vagabond....FYI...Charles Sinek is not encarcerated as of yet, he is in detention awaiting final court procedures. AND, Karen Chen had written a letter of support to the court in regards to Charles Sinek, and a very good letter of support. So, without knowing the exact details of the case, you have no rights to write anything about Charles Sinek, since you are unfamiliar with the details of the case, like many mistakes the federal government had made in the case. And, as an FYI, Charles Sinek was NEVER the owner of AVANTA, he was the lead consultant, BUT NEVER THE OWNER. So, get your facts straight before you post your nasty and misleading comments here.

Last edited:

ElenaM

If you want to submit a formal complain to the real owner os AVANTA, I can set you up with their contact information. But,for the record, Charles Sinek is not the owner of AVANTA, and quit posting your negativity and unsupported statement about Charles Sinek in this forum.

Last edited:

Japanfan

If you want to end a formal complain to the real owner os AVANTA, I can set you up with their contact information. But,for the record, Charles Sinek is not the owner of AVANTA, and quit posting your negativity and unsupported statement about Charles Sinek in this forum, or you will be reported and baned from posting here ever again.

Says someone with all of 3 messages on this board and no ratings. :D:D

Sorry ElenaM, but no one is going to take your threat seriously.

ElenaM

V

Vagabond....FYI...Charles Sinek is not encarcerated as of yet, he is in detention awaiting final court procedures. AND, Karen Chen had written a letter of support to the court in regards to Charles Sinek, and a very good letter of support. So, without knowing the exact details of the case, you have no rights to write anything about Charles Sinek, since you are unfamiliar with the details of the case. And, as an FYI, Charles Sinek was NEVER the owner of AVANTA, he was the lead consultant, BUT NEVER THE OWNER. So, get your facts straight before you post your nasty and misleading comments here.
V

Vagabond....FYI...Charles Sinek is not encarcerated as of yet, he is in detention awaiting final court procedures. AND, Karen Chen had written a letter of support to the court in regards to Charles Sinek, and a very good letter of support. So, without knowing the exact details of the case, you have no rights to write anything about Charles Sinek, since you are unfamiliar with the details of the case. And, as an FYI, Charles Sinek was NEVER the owner of AVANTA, he was the lead consultant, BUT NEVER THE OWNER. So, get your facts straight before you post your nasty and misleading comments here.
Charles Sinek does not have an older brother and the criminal charges about the other Sinek are not related to Charles the skater. He has a Younger brother Edward Sinek.

Last edited:

Japanfan

GET OFF THIS BLOG, YOU ARE NOT THE SKATER, YOU DO NOT BELING HERE, meaning you are baned from posting here. This blog is for skaters only, get a life!!!!

Congratulations on Post #4 Elena M. I'm sure Vagabond is shaking in his or her boots!

I'm putting you on ignore and I'm sure others will do the same - so you won't have an audience here on FSU.

And BTW - the word 'banned' has two 'n' in it. We collectively take pride in spelling things properly on this board.

hanca

Values her privacy
If you want to end a formal complain to the real owner os AVANTA, I can set you up with their contact information. But,for the record, Charles Sinek is not the owner of AVANTA, and quit posting your negativity and unsupported statement about Charles Sinek in this forum, or you will be reported and baned from posting here ever again.
Just mildly curious. How are you planning to achieve that?

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
GET OFF THIS BLOG, YOU ARE NOT THE SKATER, YOU DO NOT BELING HERE, meaning you are baned from posting here. This blog is for skaters only, get a life!!!!

You have jack shit power and have no right to tell anyone they're banned from posting here. You're the one who's on their way to a banning at this rate.

Also, this "blog" (it's a forum, but ya know) is not just for skaters. Which kinda proves what you know.

And finally, I'd say Avanta has done a just fine job of interfering with their own business, between their absolute hissy fit on social media and their insistence that only their special techs can work on their boots. Even if I was in the US, and my feet were hurting, I'd never try Avanta now.

barbarafan

Charles Sinek does not have an older brother and the criminal charges about the other Sinek are not related to Charles the skater. He has a Younger brother Edward Sinek, and a sister in law Wendy Muse Sinek who constantly interferes with AVANTA business over the wire, despite it being highly illegal. So, if this is Wendy posting bad and inaccurate posts about Charles Sinek, you will be prosecuted in the court of law and with your own encarceration, despite you being a Berkeley “professor” who walks the street nearly nacket during some festival, and don’t make me post pictures of you depicting you in your nacket outfit costume in this blog. GET OFF THIS BLOG, YOU ARE NOT THE SKATER, YOU DO NOT BELING HERE, meaning you are baned from posting here. This blog is for skaters only, get a life!!!!
Oh dear,,,,,,I don't know how to skate....does that mean I am banned too ? @allezfred pls don't ban me...I promise I will learn to skate....I will ask for my skates for my 67th birthday in October.

Vagabond

Vagabond....FYI...Charles Sinek is not encarcerated as of yet, he is in detention awaiting final court procedures.onsultant, BUT NEVER THE OWNER. So, get your facts straight before you post your nasty and misleading comments here.
@ElenaM ... FYI ... I am not @vesperholly.

Also FYI ... you are a troll. And yes, I do have my facts straight on this one. :COP:

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
1. “belong"
2. ”banned"
3. “incarcerated"
4. I think you mean, “A skater"
5. This Forum is not for skaters only
6. Unless the owner of this board sold it to you, you don’t decide who posts here, Sweetie. (That’s right, this is a privately owned board.)
7. Therefore, the owner and the admins get to decide who goes and who stays. Including you.
8. Bless your heart.

berthesghost

Wow, people are still trying to make this “scandal” happen? Give it up team Chen, Med totally eclipses you on the ice and now she’s totally eclipsed you in off season gossip :p

hoptoad

One of Karen's quotes in Elliott Almond's article last week:
“Getting hate or comments like that is just not pleasant,” said Chen, speaking publicly about the situation for the first time. “No one has a good time reading about things like that. I felt it was best for me to let it go.”
It seems like Karen is letting it go.

If there are lawsuits or something else newsworthy about Avanta or its owners or employees or whatever, it probably merits its own thread. There's no need for a thread with Karen's name on it to be involved any further.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
So, in case it's not incredibly obvious to everyone, this brand new poster is not an Admin here, and has no ability to ban anyone from anything. Also, this forum (not a blog) is open to fans as well as skaters. There are no skating tests involved in FSU membership, although I'm amused to think of the TES and PCS scoring possibilities.

As always, anyone who thinks a post crosses a line can use the Report Post function and the Admin team will review and take action if necessary. Any threats from other members about banning are just so much hot air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information