Lubov and Dylan - Wowza!

barbarafan

Awww, she finally did a nice triple (looked like a salchow to me for some reason, even though the protocols say toe) and he missed it. But what blows my mind is how much their twist has improved.
Their twist was improving steadily last season and they were getting level 3 at the end. Dylan was injured so during off season had surgery..They are rebuilding again..so beautiful..

Senru

Hello everyone.
I'm a new fan of figure skating and still learning all the details.
I have one question about I/M's sp at CoC. Dylan stepped out at the sbs jump where he entered at the inner circle today, while he entered at the outer circle in Skate Canada. I am wondering whether there is any difference in the technical difficulty in sbs jumps between inner circle and outer circle. I apologize if it is a stupid question but I can't help but wondering whether this is the reason that Luba landed the jump today since they changed their position in sbs jumps compared with that in Skate Canada.

Skate Talker

So what is the story of the ever-changing ISU spelling of Lubov's first and last names? I realize that it is transliterated from Cyrillic, so any one of them may be just as correct as the other, however I would expect the ISU to be consistent, unless Lubov/Liubov Iliushechkina/Ilyusheckina/Iliushechkina/Ilyushechkina has been requesting the modifications herself. Does anyone know?

The last time I recall spelling changes like this was when Yuko Kawaguchi became Yuko Kavaguti, but iirc that coincided with her receiving Russian citizenship and the decision made by Russia as to her official Russian name.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
The tweet has since been removed. Weird....
The message I get is that I'm not authorized to see it; it looks like the permissions to see it were changed.

If she's been granted PR status, under the relatively new citizenship rules, the Immigration Minister has the authority to grant expedited citizenship without the legislature.

princeton123

It bodes well for them that they were still able to beat a clean M-T/M while completing zero triple jumps. I'm glad they're getting higher PCS now, it was always baffling to me last year when both teams would get around the same components scores.

CassAgain

M-T/M(2) had issues on both jumping passes in the FP, albeit more minor ones than Lubov did.

On many of the other elements, though, there is no comparison at this point, the twist and lifts in particular as well as the artistry. Not to mentention the amplitude they are achieveing on their throws. She soared in the short program in particular.

Catherine M

I know some don't like Luba & Dylans free cause its Josh Groban but man it has become one of my all time favorite pair programs in a long, long, long, time. I find it beautiful and very emotional.

David Wilson and Sandra Bezic did a great job of setting up the elements to accent the music and I've got my fingers crossed that at 4CC and Worlds they will skate it cleanly!!

screech

Their twist has improved so much since they got together - it's beautiful now.

I honestly thought they should have been behind MTM2 in the SP, but overall, I definitely agree with them getting silver.

barbarafan

M-T/M(2) had issues on both jumping passes in the FP, albeit more minor ones than Lubov did.

On many of the other elements, though, there is no comparison at this point, the twist and lifts in particular as well as the artistry. Not to mentention the amplitude they are achieveing on their throws. She soared in the short program in particular.

There is a big diff. on the elements but I did not see the GOE's reflecting this on the throws. Kirsten is another one of Skate Canada pets and usually are overmarked especially at Quebec competitions. AT the summer competition their marks were boosted while S/B were marked down..the short program at challenge was the same thing...S/b are definitely a class up in their elements.

Zazy

David Wilson and Sandra Bezic did a great job of setting up the elements to accent the music and I've got my fingers crossed that at 4CC and Worlds they will skate it cleanly!!

I love your optimism but that would be a minor miracle! Still, even without the jumps it's a great program.

aliceanne

I think their speed has increased as they have improved their pairs elements. That may have affected sbs jumps. They used to be able to do them 2 out of 3 times when they were skating more deliberately.

barbarafan

I think their speed has increased as they have improved their pairs elements. That may have affected sbs jumps. They used to be able to do them 2 out of 3 times when they were skating more deliberately.
apparently she does not have probs. doing the jumps in practice but she explained she wants them so much in competition it doesn't always happen...maybe they should put a transition b4 the jumps so she is thinking about that and not so much about the jumps. Not sure what else they could try.Fingers crossed for next competition.

geoskate

Yeah, I don't believe her lol

I don't really, either, but Tracy Wilson (not here, but at Skate Canada) implied that they do often land them in practice, and she should know since she sees them on a regular basis.

Both programs this year are really well-suited to them, I think, and they skate them superbly except for the side-by-side jumps.

barbarafan

I don't really, either, but Tracy Wilson (not here, but at Skate Canada) implied that they do often land them in practice, and she should know since she sees them on a regular basis.

Both programs this year are really well-suited to them, I think, and they skate them superbly except for the side-by-side jumps.
Tracy is not the only one who says this..other insiders do as well. When she does land them they are usually nice without any problems pointed out.

barbarafan

She landed a lot in practice at Skate Cda and some at Nationals. Often the more you want it, the harder you try, the worse it gets :(
I know...I really think (and I admit I do not know what I am talking about) that if that put a transition b4 the jump it might lesson the concentration on the jump itself . who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information