Davis and White #36: What a Wonderful World

justtojoke

OOOOOOOOOHMYGOSSSSSSSSSSSH!!!! We are so spoiled! I think that's quickstep??? Am I missing something because that's the second time this season I've randomly seen an ice dancer paired with a non dancer doing that pattern? But who cares because Dai finally got to be Meryl's partner on ice!!!!:40beers:So happy we got a clip of that

Laura4

Barbara Manatee

Un Sospiro is a beautiful piece of music, and not much in the style of what Marina has done for them before. I'm eager to see it.

Most of the SOI cast is also invited to The Legends ice show on 1/14. Meryl and Charlie are revisting Scheherazade.
We were able to realize the dream in the Olympics with this Scherazado song. I hope to reproduce the moment of delight of that Olympic gift every time we arrange this Scherazado for show and act.
I wonder if they ever got their costumes back? Meryl has a spare, but it's not the same without Charlie's blinged out vest.

Polish Stars on Ice is now selling tickets for 2 shows in December.
Performances of "Stars On Ice" will be held on Saturday, December 9, 2017 year at 19.00 and Sunday 10 December at 15.00 at Torwar in Warsaw. Stars On Ice Poland 2017 is a spectacular show with the participation of the world's biggest stars, current Olympic champions and world champions, such as gold medalists Olympic - Meryl Davis & Charlie White (USA), world champion Kimmie Meissner (USA), gold medalist Olympic - Ekaterina Gordeeva (RUS), world champion Miki Ando (JPN), gold medalist Olympic - Ilia Kulik (RUS ), world champion Yuka Sato (JPN), Olympic medalist and famous choreographer Jeffrey Buttle (CAN).
Hmmm. That's the same weekend as the GPF. If D/W have actually committed to this, it would mean they've decided not to come back, wouldn't it? Could be the site just copied the cast list of the regular tour, though.

Debbie S

If D/W have actually committed to this, it would mean they've decided not to come back, wouldn't it?
I think we can assume by now that D/W aren't coming back. ;) I miss them, but glad to see them enjoying themselves, exploring new types of music and getting the chance to do things they wouldn't be able to do if they were still training and competing.

Barbara Manatee

Oh, I do assume they will retire,:summer: though they're still saying they haven't decided. :confused: But I've been expecting them to make a formal announcement when they do, not to quietly let their names start popping up at other commitments during next season.

Barbara Manatee

I don't know who chreographed Rach 2. That was definitely a departure for them but to me Un Sospiro feels even more delicate and less dramatic than that.

Laura4

I'm almost positive I read somewhere that Marina choreographed the Rach program for the Sochi Olympics Gala.

Laura4

Meryl being very reflective in the following Instagram post. Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling she's trying to tell her fans that she's ready to move on and conquer new mountains. With all the commitments she and Charlie have, I don't think they can find the time to train for a comeback even if they wanted to, which I don't think they do.

Here's Meryl's Instagram video with Fedor and the fam in Florida:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BO3BhR4FklZ/?taken-by=meryledavis

Meanwhile, the other lovebirds (Charlie and Tanith) were enjoying a game of pond hockey:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BO-dbP7DNRC/?taken-by=charlieawhite

mollymgr

I'm almost positive I read somewhere that Marina choreographed the Rach program for the Sochi Olympics Gala.
OK, I found this interview with Eteri Tutberidze.:drama: The only competitive event Marina would have been watching D/W perform an exhibition after becoming Olympic Champions would have been for the Rachmaninoff program at the Olympics.
http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/1108-eteri-tutberidze-bolshoe-sozdaetsya-iz-melochej.html
Maybe they saved up enough cash for this Liszt Marina wonder.:p
D/W did most of their exhibitions themselves from an old interview with Igor.

Last edited:

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Meryl being very reflective in the following Instagram post. Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling she's trying to tell her fans that she's ready to move on and conquer new mountains. With all the commitments she and Charlie have, I don't think they can find the time to train for a comeback even if they wanted to, which I don't think they do.

Here's Meryl's Instagram video with Fedor and the fam in Florida:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BO3BhR4FklZ/?taken-by=meryledavis

Meanwhile, the other lovebirds (Charlie and Tanith) were enjoying a game of pond hockey:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BO-dbP7DNRC/?taken-by=charlieawhite
Glad to see Tanith still has some Canadian in her :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information