Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

clairecloutier

Amantide

Same here. I like them very much. They have the quality of skating of S&K and the big elements of V&T. They only need more confidence (they are young so I understand) and better programs.

borzaya

These kids are so nice - and they do have something in common with V/T... Some fans even call them "mini-VT". Others say, though, that it is no good to be a someone's copy - but I think it's ok for such a young pair, at least for now, and they can develop their unique style in due time.

Btw, because of their slightly freaking names :) many Russian fans prefer to nickname them "Ryzhiki" (literally means "gingers") - because of the hair colour.

ioana

She looks a lot like Evgenia Shishkova to me, especially on ice. Morozov doesn't have a back flip :p, though they do have much better SBS jumps than Shishkova/Naumov did.

clairecloutier

These kids are so nice - and they do have something in common with V/T... Some fans even call them "mini-VT". Others say, though, that it is no good to be a someone's copy - but I think it's ok for such a young pair, at least for now, and they can develop their unique style in due time.

Btw, because of their slightly freaking names :) many Russian fans prefer to nickname them "Ryzhiki" (literally means "gingers") - because of the hair colour.

One of their junior competitors told me the same thing--that Evgenia & Vladimir are very nice people off-ice. :)

I love "Ryzhiki"! Thanks for sharing that.

Taso

She looks a lot like Evgenia Shishkova to me, especially on ice. Morozov doesn't have a back flip :p, though they do have much better SBS jumps than Shishkova/Naumov did.

I echo the Shishkova & Naumov similarities: their extensions are very similar along with a certain sense of delicacy, though they certainly have better sbs jumps and overall more power. The only similarity I see to Meno & Sand is hair color (genders swapped, of course, with the blonde and the ginger)

ioana

Glad I'm not the only one to see the S/N similartiries, @Taso.

As for Meno/Send, erm no. Non. Niet. Nu. Nien. ¡No! Hair color aside, I don't see at all.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I don't see the similarity with Shishkova, except for the first name and the pointed toes. T&M have not yet developed command of the ice, but it will come if they win competitions. Their skating is so light and effortless, even when they land difficult elements. They are a joy to watch.

Last edited:

liv

I see no similarity to Shishkova/Naumov in their skating. None. Everything this team does is big. S/N were neat skaters. Everything they did was small and neat, no mess. And I see nothing alike with Meno/Sand either.

I think they are a great team and see huge potential. They just need better programs.

Jammers

It wouldn't surprise me if T/M are the number one Russian team heading into 2018. V/T are a unknown and S/K had better keep improving to keep them from eventually passing them.

Vagabond

I'm sorry, but these two can win all the World and Olympic Gold Medals until the cows come home, and every time I see them mentioned, I will always imagine the Oily One lifting :TT1:, fur coat and all, high over his head as he skates across the ice. Evgenia and Vladimir are just impostors, pale shades of what could, nay, should have been.

Amantide

I'm sorry, but these two can win all the World and Olympic Gold Medals until the cows come home, and every time I see them mentioned, I will always imagine the Oily One lifting :TT1:, fur coat and all, high over his head as he skates across the ice. Evgenia and Vladimir are just impostors, pale shades of what could, nay, should have been.

:rofl: I can't get that image out of my head now. The final pose would be Oily One drops :TT1: and she gives him the finger. https://33.media.tumblr.com/c8252d090844f20c6bba6d8efff5b0f7/tumblr_mrthrjA66Y1s3jd4co1_r1_500.gif

Amantide

Someday, someone will see a reference to the coaches Tatiana Tarasova, Nikolai Morozov, and Stanislav Morozov, and wonder "are they related to the famous pairs skaters Evgenia and Vladimir?" :)

Some may say that even now. ;) Look how Radionova called the Russian ladies sweep at the Europeans: "First time in the modern history". :lol:

Last edited:

chantilly

I love these two. They actually remind me of the Protopopov's with their timeless elegance and easy grace. Honestly they are probably my favourite Russian pair in a long time. V and T are amazing technically but some of their programs left me cold. I could never get into K and S and and the latest K and S are just technical robots. And no disrespect but I am tired of the Russian drama style that is classic in pairs and dance. I love the simplicity of these two. I look forward to seeing them improve the next quad.

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
I was aware of them for the first time at Skate Canada 2014. They have so much promise. And his hair is not red.....it is auburn. So stop with the ginger jokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information