Congrats to new mom Zenyatta

sk8pics

I was told today that Z is back to being as sweet and friendly as ever, and happy to socialize now that Z12 is weaned. She still offers her nose for kisses and will apparently do my hair for me. :lol: I can hardly wait to meet her!

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler
I wonder when they're going to get around to naming. And I hope they don't ask opinions. Poor Rachel Alexandra's foal got saddled with the horrible, tween-girl-sounding "Jesse's Dream." Clearly, they are reducing their expectations for him...

sk8pics

I don't know. I think Jerry Moss probably has his own ideas.:lol: I don't think we're going to be able to meet him, but that's okay. Zenyatta's scheduler told me she didn't have anything else on her calendar the day we are going. :lol:

sk8pics

Spent about an hour with Zenyatta yesterday. Very cool. I kissed her on the nose several times. :cool: She was happy to hang out and get her back scratched, LOL. She also liked to nuzzle our hair and the back of the neck of whoever was scratching her neck. It was very cute. I will put some pictures up for anyone who's interested once I get back home. We probably took 200 pictures.

As a side note, we also went to Old Friends. The tour guide took the group back to see Tinner's Way, but kept saying Tinner would never come over, he's too crazy, etc. After 5 minutes of grazing off in the distance, Tinner came to ME! And he hung out with me a long time, eating carrots and letting me pet him and scratch him on his nose. Ha! We have a connection. But maybe he smelled Zenyatta on me! He has never let me pet him as much as he did yesterday. :cool:

skipaway

Yes, post your pics that would be awesome. I'm so glad for you. Sounds like you had a great time...any inside info on a name for her baby? ;) I won't tell.

sk8pics

Spent more time with Tinner today. Presumably I don't still have Zenyatta's scent on me, but Tinner came right over, ate carrots, and allowed us to scratch his back and neck and then let me let him and rub his nose again. I hope he is mellowing a bit, it would do him good.:cool: I told him I'd be back next year. Them he followed us to the other side of his paddock and we scratched his back again. I don't know what's gotten into him, but it was so nice.

sk8pics

I posted some pictures in a photobucket album. It's password-protected, so if you'd like to see them, send me a PM or post here and I will send you the link and the password (if I didn't already).

Jimena

I saw his picture with Zenyatta this morning on facebook. He's adorable and I love his color.

Jem X

Pokemon forever
Looks like there is lots of gray on his muzzle. Wonder if he will gradually turn gray? What a cutie!

sk8pics

So cute!!!! And a similar mark to what Mama Z has on her head. Interesting that a nearly black mama and a gray daddy made a chestnut colored foal, for now anyway.

sk8pics

He is adorable, and they are both adorable together. And to think, she was pregnant with this little guy when I met her in September. :)

sk8pics

Tapyatta? Tapatta? Maybe we'll be able to guess better once we find out the name for the Zenyatta + Bernadini baby.... :)

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
it's not as cool as Zenyatta, but it's not the worst name for a horse :shuffle:

skipaway

Here's a current article from DRF on Zenyatta's and Rachel Alexandra's 2 yr olds in training.
Zenyatta's colt by Bernardini is Cozmic One and Rachel Alexandra's colt by Curlin is Jess's Dream

2 yr old royalty

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
those are some great pedigrees!! Can't believe it's been 2 yrs

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information