The Skating Lesson

Cleo1782

To be fair, unlike Mr. Lease, I don't remember how long ago IIt's watched his video. I stopped watching TSL years ago, right after Jenny left. So maybe he has improved? I started skating as an adult older than he is, and maybe I was super exceptional, but I never looked that bad. I certainly did not have my own snarky skating channel criticizing others. I think adult skating is great and I commend any adult whether good or bad who embarks on that endeavor. I was just shocked that with all his criticisms about not just skating but gymnastics that he looked totally devoid of any coordination. When he showed himself skating, and I believe it was before a test skate, I could not believe how embarassingly bad he was. Again, I cut others some slack when they are just beginning, but not someone who constantly criticizes others. So yay for adult skating. I'm not putting down anyone else but Mr. Lease.

Again his skating ability does not correlate to his technical knowledge. I never did a 3a or a quad and I can tell you most of the time what went wrong when a skater doesn't land it. I never was a pair skater, but I can tell you a lot about lifts, throws, death spirals, etc because I knew very high level pair skaters and coaches. I learned about it. Dave did too. Being a great skater does not equal great technical knowledge. There are a lot of people on this board that never skated that have amazing insight on technique, choreography, results, etc. It's more about the passion for the sport than any else. Dave has that.

honey

There’s many issues with Dave Lease, but discounting technical knowledge just because he didn’t execute the elements makes zero sense. Do you have any idea how many successful coaches never landed quads? Or landed anything beyond a double axel? Don’t think Doug Leigh or Christy Krall ever did a 3A or a quad.

Furthermore, most judges never executed high level triples and quads either.

I don’t necessarily agree with everything he said about Med’s technique (or anyone else’s for that matter), but what he was saying on this most recent show is mostly accurate. She does jump with her arms more than her legs. And yes, it’s correct that when the body changes, this technique is more susceptible to breaking down.

Anyway, just because he never did it himself doesn’t mean he doesn’t have capacity to understand technique. I think he’s problematic and a deliberate shit disturber, but I won’t sit here and say he doesn’t have mostly sound technical knowledge.

Tinami Amori

I am pretty sure Dave was saying Angela got better scores because she played up the tragedy of her mother dying. I don't think that's accurate and I remember hearing the story of both mother's passing on tv by commentators. There is no issue that I know of between Kirk and Nikodinov.
I see, never would have thought that was the case. thank you for clarifying what it means.

WillyElliot

Tanning one day, then wearing a winter coat today.
Anyway, just because he never did it himself doesn’t mean he doesn’t have capacity to understand technique. I think he’s problematic and a deliberate shit disturber, but I won’t sit here and say he doesn’t have mostly sound technical knowledge.

I never stated that someone has to be able to do it themselves to understand technique. I see what a skater does wrong when it is obvious, and I never landed a quad lutz. So please don't put words in my mouth.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Re: Angela and the dead mother.

Didn’t watch the video, but whether the reference means her actual mother or her coach Elena, the statement is insanely ridiculous.

The competition in which her mother passed away, 2005 Nationals, was her last. She withdrew after the car crash.

Also, she had better results when Tcherkasskaya was alive and coaching her throughout the 2000-2001 season and it’s when she had her total transformation to a more artistic side of skating. Tcherkasskaya passed away shortly after the 2001-2002 Nations Cup competition, and Angela was really never the same after that IMO.

As for Jenny, it’s obvious they don’t really get along anymore. So mentioning her and her mom was just another tacky dig. She took a lot of the access to the skating world and Dave’s ‘free pass’ with her, along with all of the recording equipment. Bitter.

barbarafan

Can someone please explain what did Dave mean when he said these phrases, which do not correspond to any "inside knowledge" about "issues".. what are the "stories" behind these comments? (towards the end, @50+ min)

- "it is the passive aggressive Canadian tactic"?
- "Kirk vs. Nikodinov dead-mom points"?
- "that Jordan, from On the Ice Perspective, who seems to be kissing the butt of all skaters"?

Passive aggressive Canadian tactic

For instance In Canada it is considered very bad form to be rascist, a bad sport,to think women belong in a kitchen etc etc which does not mean that there are no Canadians who are guilty of one or all of those things but that you cannot let on that you are ...You must keep it hidden. So in a restaurant or bar group of 7 friends where someone made a rascist comment no one is going to punch the rascist in the mouth or ask him to leave but after a few moments one by one 5 of them will think of somewhere they have to be and leave and prob. one will make a subtle remark to the rascist about his/her comment and then leave and it might take ten minutes before the racist realizes he/she has been insulted,put down or kissed good-bye. After that all of the 6 will be too busy to take their calls for 3 generations.
IN this particular instance he was talking if W/P should have beat H/D so he wondered if the marks had been gently played with to put W/P ahead without any outright huge discrepancies in the marking.

Jordan-kissing butts

so very likable photographer taking great shots and vids of skaters and being allowed in the top skating schools to do so.
Dave very upset as he is basically personna non grata in all of these schools as he is not likable and stabs skaters and coaches in the back so he has to rely on back alley 3rd party stories from unreliable sources for news.

honey

I never stated that someone has to be able to do it themselves to understand technique. I see what a skater does wrong when it is obvious, and I never landed a quad lutz. So please don't put words in my mouth.

Well, you did say that given the level of his own skating, that him having technical knowledge of edges was laughable. I stand by my response :shuffle:

I used to think the same thing, considering that he posted videos of himself skating and he was horrendously bad. Embarrassingly bad. He might have knowledge of who placed top five at worlds in 1989, but him talking technical expertise about edges is laughable.

He's also pretty knowledgeable about gymnastics too, and I would bet money that he could not do a decent cartwheel either.

Cleo1782

Re: Angela and the dead mother.

Didn’t watch the video, but whether the reference means her actual mother or her coach Elena, the statement is insanely ridiculous.

The competition in which her mother passed away, 2005 Nationals, was her last. She withdrew after the car crash.

Also, she had better results when Tcherkasskaya was alive and coaching her throughout the 2000-2001 season and it’s when she had her total transformation to a more artistic side of skating. Tcherkasskaya passed away shortly after the 2001-2002 Nations Cup competition, and Angela was really never the same after that IMO.

As for Jenny, it’s obvious they don’t really get along anymore. So mentioning her and her mom was just another tacky dig. She took a lot of the access to the skating world and Dave’s ‘free pass’ with her, along with all of the recording equipment. Bitter.

I watched it and I believe it was in reference to her mother not Elena. I don't recall Angela ever getting any 'dead mother' points as she wd from Nationals that year like you said and never competed again. I remember hearing a lot more about Jenny's mom passing away anyhow.
Although you have a point. I do remember a lot of talk of Elena's passing. I know she hid the severity of her illness for some time to Angela. But Dave didn't seem to be referring to that. I think the whole comment was off as I don't think Angela ever received sympathy points from anyone over anything. She was just a very, very talent head case. If she skated well judges would give her points because she deserved it.

Tinami Amori

Passive aggressive Canadian tactic
IN this particular instance he was talking if W/P should have beat H/D so he wondered if the marks had been gently played with to put W/P ahead without any outright huge discrepancies in the marking.
Thanks! i thought naturally it has to do with placements, just can't figure out how an international panel of judges can be a part of "passive aggressive Canadian tactic", so i thought maybe there is something "canadian" that was taking place.

Jordan-kissing butts
so very likable photographer taking great shots and vids of skaters and being allowed in the top skating schools to do so. Dave very upset as he is basically personna non grata in all of these schools as he is not likable and stabs skaters and coaches in the back so he has to rely on back alley 3rd party stories from unreliable sources for news.

Ok, i get it. Dave L. is a combo of Andy Kaufman and Bill Maher of figure skating..

barbarafan

Thanks! i thought naturally it has to do with placements, just can't figure out how an international panel of judges can be a part of "passive aggressive Canadian tactic", so i thought maybe there is something "canadian" that was taking place.

Ok, i get it. Dave L. is a combo of Andy Kaufman and Bill Maher of figure skating..
With a touch of Donald Trump in there

aftershocks

Banned Member
I am pretty sure Dave was saying Angela got better scores because she played up the tragedy of her mother dying.

How crass and awful for DL to even go there! But clearly unsurprising too, coming from him. :rolleyes: Someone loses their mother in such a horrific and tragic way, and sideline buffoons think it's something to highlight and carp about in a coded meme fashion within the skating community years later! It's amazing that Angela even came back to skate. The same goes for Joannie Rochette and for any athlete who experiences terrible personal tragedy and are able to make the courageous, concerted effort to still go out and compete on a big stage (e.g., Dan Jansen losing his sister before the Olympics, and still trying to compete while grief-stricken). Dave and Jonathan, as usual, are insufferrable about their own OTT conceits. And, as usual, for lack of enough viable fs coverage, some of us still watch TSL and unavoidably continue to bitch over their WTF bitching and snarking. :barrel

It's rather interesting that some of you picked up on these saltier and more cluelessly bitchy DL references I let go in one ear and out the other since most of what DL is obsessed about is the obsessions of his own dark and gnarly envy and failing wannabe-ness. How easy it is to snark on skaters and athletes whose talent you can never achieve! I think there's a huge element of envy in a lot of DL's bitchy critiques. It was funny watching DL's sour visage as JB tried and failed not to give Bradie Tennell too much credit for fear of putting DL's face further out of joint. :rofl:

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
This was one of the first TSL’s where I disagreed with what they were saying about last weekend’s competition.

Hubbell/Donohue- The short dance, where they ripped off you know who’s music, I don’t feel anything Latin about this dance. Zack is not really in character to me and Madison’s face is the same as it is in every other dance that they do. I think that this dance should be scintillating with a sultry feeling and it’s not there for me. I’m not sure if what I described is within their range anyway. The free dance is just ok but nothing special(yet). I think that Madison should be the full on star of this team, even more than she is.One thing that bothers me about them is that Zack brings a bit of a corniness to this team that makes me feel like he’s not quite matured yet. TSL described it as “ the guy that would drink milk right out of the carton in front of the fridge”. I know what they meant. The masculine assertiveness is not there on the ice. I actually think that Zack holds the key that unlocks the door that gets them to the next level. You hear of powerful women playing an alter ego on stage. Men can as well. Zack needs to. We have seen when his energy is TOO much and he cannot control (Olympics) it while other times, i wonder if he’s mentally present while he’s performing. I’m sure the name of the game at this point in the season is just getting the material out there but where i do NOT see the needed improvement with these two is in their body line and posture or their ability to be convincing in the delivery of their manterial. Also, Zack should consider another male dancer for inspiration because when he copies Cizeron, it doesn’t work for him. I guess i think that the free could be nice but i’m still struggling to see who they are as a team. They may also consider creating a narrative about the free that uses R&J as a non conventional Romeo and Juliet. Almost like “ we choreographed this listening to what we hear in the music without trying to tell the traditional story people are used to.

Guignard/Fabbri- TSL almost talked about them as if their performance was a fine time for a bathroom break but I thought it was a marked improvement from last season and I liked both pieces. These two look like they’ve worked ALL summer and look ready to tangle it up with the top 5 in the world. The Tango was lovely, to me and the free looked like it will be memorable. Seeing Barbara Fusar-Poli was good as well. I’m glad they’re sticking with her.

Shoma- sigh. Well, now that Daisuke is coming back, now who’s he gonna copy? I don’t like the suggestion that Dave and Jon gave of him going to Benoit, at all. I don’t find his work to be sophisticated in the least and he’s made a career for himself of working with the less capable and choreographing to where they are as opposed to making them step it up. I’m already puzzled as to why Dai went to him but I’ll wait to judge. I love Marie France’s choreography and voice in dance but to me, her singles and pair’s choreography leaves a lot to be desired. First of all, the Moonlight Sonata looked like a whole bunch of back crossovers. His jump landings that don’t flow bother me as well. They look painful! I could not hear the short program because of copyright but i’m doubtful. We shall see. All in all, I don’t think his skating is memorable nor do I think that he trains consistently. He does seem really likable as a person. He has awesome qualities but it’s like what the hell with the programs. Lori doesn’t have a top man right now... just saying. I also think he needs a more refined point of view. I know who Nathan is. I know who Yuzuru is. Shoma... not so much.

Gabby Daleman- I do agree with TSl on her. Listen, she does jumping better (in practice) than the other ladies and should own that. It’s a gift. Gabby should be blasting a Lutz/Toe and probably a Triple Axel or a Quad of some type but she seems to have regressed since her world’s performance where she medaled. The vocals in the Carmen are unbearable and her phrasing to the music is worse. There is way too much going on in the music for her interpretive ability anyway and it’s the wrong Carmen for her. I get why they chose the free music but Gabby CLEARLY never studied the character; that pink dress, the crinkly ponytail. WTF? I know that nobody else cares but the Edea’s look like casts on her feet and because they’re so bulky and HIDEOUS with the X-Men Wolverine gashes, they also detract from her already questionable line and elegance. She seems like the nicest person when i see her on social media and, she CLEARLY has the whole seductive thing down. Why that does not translate to the ice is beyond me. Given the amount of time she says she’s in the gym, the altitude was killing her at the event as she was gasping so hard waiting on her scores i wondered if she could even hear them. She should indeed own her inner Tonya Harding and go for it. She can jump +5 scores, for sure.

Cain/Leduc- they look better trained but he’s so kind of silly and feminine/soft that it looks like two friends working on a cheer routine. I do have to say, the side by side Loops are brilliant. While TSL thinks they cannot go far, i think that if they keep working they will! She needs to clean up her lines and really crank up her presentation. He does as well.

Elizaveta Tuk- she’s clearly thought long and hard about what she wants because she looks like she’s gunning for Russia’s 3rd spot and is willing to do the work to get there. This was in my opinion her best attempt at skating all the choreography of a program. She desperately needs the Triple Axel and a Lutz/Toe to be competitive.

Hey, some very interesting observations, and in many aspects I agree with you. I think you are being very thoughtful and specific in a constructive and conversational way, which is definitely opposed to the snarky, know-it-all approach of TSL's DL/JB dis-fests.

Dave's comments on technique are generally on point. Let's not forget, he has lots of skater friends who he's in touch with. Someone like Duhamel is obviously going to tell him a lot about jump technique if he asks her and it certainly seems like he listens to what she and others tell him.

There are lots of things to criticize Dave over, but technical knowledge isn't one of them.

Of course it's possible to critique DL over his grasp of fs tech knowledge, especially in the know-it-all, snarky way he's chosen to disseminate his annoying shtick. DL is not an expert, despite having insider skating friends who tolerate his WTF ass. I used to tolerate DL too and look away at his bitchy excesses, but personally for me, those days are over.

DL's bad outweighs any f'ing good that has ever existed in his approach to fs coverage.

Last edited:

muffinplus

There’s many issues with Dave Lease, but discounting technical knowledge just because he didn’t execute the elements makes zero sense. Do you have any idea how many successful coaches never landed quads? Or landed anything beyond a double axel? Don’t think Doug Leigh or Christy Krall ever did a 3A or a quad.

Furthermore, most judges never executed high level triples and quads either.

I don’t necessarily agree with everything he said about Med’s technique (or anyone else’s for that matter), but what he was saying on this most recent show is mostly accurate. She does jump with her arms more than her legs. And yes, it’s correct that when the body changes, this technique is more susceptible to breaking down.

I never said he had to successfully have *completed* quads or triples. But has he even had coaching/training for those kind of jumps (even if never completed them ) or is he at least someone who is a certified coach ? He is not, so why this comparison to Doug Leigh etc?

laviemn

No comment about anyone's mother as I know nothing about it, but Dave has mentioned corresponding with Jenny multiple times in the recent episodes. He said they reconnected after Denis Ten's death.

If Dave can still get Olympic medalists and their coaches and choreographers on his show, does he really still need the access Jenny provided?

I think some people here project their own feelings for Dave onto the skaters, coaches, etc that you respect and like. But while some people openly detest him, there are plenty who seem happy to speak with him even now with Jenny long gone, like Alissa Czisny, Duhamel, Savchenko. Which surprises me because I thought the Deadspin article, where the reporter described Dave speaking to a former skater about a controversy without telling her she was on speakerphone with a reporter present, would warn people off. I was apalled by that and thought people would stop giving Dave access. I was wrong, and people either didn't read it or don't care.

Dave and Jonathan provide plenty of reason to criticize them, there's no need to reach.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I don't recall Angela ever getting any 'dead mother' points as she wd from Nationals that year like you said and never competed again.

Yeah, thanks. I didn't think Angela was able to compete at that Nationals (where her mother died in the traffic crash, and she was badly injured). I didn't recall whether Angela ever came back to skate again though. I thought she had. I know she stayed involved as a coach and married another skater (Ivan Dinev).

bardtoob

Clearly David is a wannabe insider, hangeroner, and a bigot ... But, sure, he can tell a Lutz from a Flip and probably knows all the turns and steps, like non-skating fans here on FSU. I don't think his personal skating has added to his knowledge as a spectator.

aftershocks

Banned Member
If Dave can still get Olympic medalists and their coaches and choreographers on his show, does he really still need the access Jenny provided?

Well, we don't really know whether Jenny has or has not continued to provide some assistance to DL in obtaining guests, likely not as FWIW, Jenny did not leave TSL completely amicably. Sure, DL has enjoyed playing up the fact he's back in contact with Jenny due to the skating community's shock over Denis' death. :duh: Oh well. I think it's clear that TSL was built on the back of Jenny's skating fame and contacts. That DL appears to have unwarranted control over the platform's archives and its ongoing existence should be a thorn in the skating community's side, because he's so personally irresponsible and overly snarky in a mean-spirited way.

I have no doubt that there are people who like Dave or who tolerate him as a 'useful tool,' and who may be unaware of his worst excesses. DL surely has received some help and assistance from Bezic and Duhamel. I found it interesting that soon after I posted the old TSL interview with Frank Carroll in Frank's retirement thread, DL managed to cop interviews with coaches including Shpilband, Raf, and Savchenko (which granted may have been already in the works).

Dave and Jonathan provide plenty of reason to criticize them, there's no need to reach.

There's no need for a lot of stuff that goes on in skating to go on, but go on it does... :COP:

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Dave certainly made some interesting points about "marketing certain pieces of music and turning them into tributes to this or that cause"... I often wonder the true reasons why skaters/teams chose pieces like "Imagine/Lennon", "Schin. List", "9/11 tributes", "MLKjr speech", and several other "less obvious agenda" music choices.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ No matter how choices are characterized, there's likely a variety of reasons and impulses for certain selections. Above all, skaters have to skate to something. Obviously, there are many different avenues and ways that music choices are decided upon. And sometimes magic happens. Quite often, magic doesn't necessarily happen. But the point is to find something motivating and enhancing, or at least suitable and effective. It's a bonus when a selection takes a skater to the next level in terms of their personal growth and audience appreciation.

It's more about the passion for the sport than any else. Dave has that.

And that's what makes his snarky excesses, his irresponsible behavior and his worst personality traits so sad and woefully intolerable.

Last edited:

tony

No comment about anyone's mother as I know nothing about it, but Dave has mentioned corresponding with Jenny multiple times in the recent episodes. He said they reconnected after Denis Ten's death.

I think some people here project their own feelings for Dave onto the skaters, coaches, etc that you respect and like. But while some people openly detest him, there are plenty who seem happy to speak with him even now with Jenny long gone, like Alissa Czisny, Duhamel, Savchenko.

Maybe recently they have 'reconnected', yes, but it was addressed not long ago how Dave managed to throw in a last-minute dig at Jenny's 'riveting' (I think that was the word) Instagram stories, and it was clear he was being extremely sarcastic. I also know for sure that all of the equipment that was bought with sponsor money/revenue from the old show were taken by Jenny when she left.

I'm not reaching with anything I said, because he no longer has press credentials to events. Many skaters have been told not to associate with him. People within federations have said not to talk to him. Many skaters that he does associate with, he ends up badmouthing in some way later on and then those connections end. Dave and Jenny were getting interviews all the time way back when, and now- not so much. There are still a few, yes, hence why my choice of words was 'she took away a lot of the access'.

barbarafan

Maybe recently they have 'reconnected', yes, but it was addressed not long ago how Dave managed to throw in a last-minute dig at Jenny's 'riveting' (I think that was the word) Instagram stories, and it was clear he was being extremely sarcastic. I also know for sure that all of the equipment that was bought with sponsor money/revenue from the old show were taken by Jenny when she left.

I'm not reaching with anything I said, because he no longer has press credentials to events. Many skaters have been told not to associate with him. People within federations have said not to talk to him. Many skaters that he does associate with, he ends up badmouthing in some way later on and then those connections end. Dave and Jenny were getting interviews all the time way back when, and now- not so much. There are still a few, yes, hence why my choice of words was 'she took away a lot of the access'.

He did not lose access with Jenny leaving as he now had his foot in the door but his behavior without Jenny putting a bit of a leash and muzzle on him caused him to lose his credibility, credentials and access to people. Other people have given him a trial period after he grovelled for forgiveness and if he puts a foot wrong they will crush him underfoot like a bug.

tony

He did not lose access with Jenny leaving as he now had his foot in the door but his behavior without Jenny putting a bit of a leash and muzzle on him caused him to lose his credibility, credentials and access to people. Other people have given him a trial period after he grovelled for forgiveness and if he puts a foot wrong they will crush him underfoot like a bug.

Yeah. I'm not saying she literally sent out e-mails to every single skater, coach, and official in the sport saying they could no longer talk to Dave. I'm saying that the connections or pull that she had as a former top skater were gone when she was gone. He did have a good thing going, but everyone can see how quickly it went away after her departure.

For whatever reason, writing this made me have a flashback to a really random Bridesmaids quote - "Why can't you be happy for me and then go home and talk about me behind my back like a normal person?"

Tinami Amori

Other people have given him a trial period after he grovelled for forgiveness and if he puts a foot wrong they will crush him underfoot like a bug.
I don't think anyone can "crush him".. if he is not fed "gossips" he'll just continue to give commentary to the skating events, with his usual flair. there is enough there for people to listen anyway. plus, not sure if everyone will stop feeding him info. some people will always use him to promote their issues against "others".

Tavi

Not dismissible? Are you in his fan club? I remain unconvinced that someone who is not a coach and has no practical experience performing these jumps has any idea of what is supposed to happen or can comment on what the skater is supposed to be doing. .. like what was that with regards to Eteri skaters having a certain technique where they use the upper body in their take off or Medvedeva having worse edges in 2017 than 2016?

Did you know that at most levels, FS judges are not required to be former competitors?

http://usfigureskating.org/story?id=89433

“Q: Do I have to be a really good skater to be a judge?
A: Technical knowledge of figure skating is essential, but each person starts with a different degree of skating knowledge. While former skaters usually have a broader base of technical knowledge when beginning the trial judging process, ability as a skater is not in itself the measure of judging ability. There are many good judges who only skated recreationally - in the long run, temperament and willingness to serve are of more importance. A limited skating background should not discourage anyone interested in becoming a judge. Individuals who are new to the sport must be willing to put in the hours necessary to acquire technical knowledge, from studying texts and attending judge's schools to skating themselves (preferably with quality instruction).”

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode

Actually, that's pretty much exactly what you said. You said his skating was awful so you found it laughable that he'd talk about edges.

I never said he had to successfully have *completed* quads or triples. But has he even had coaching/training for those kind of jumps (even if never completed them ) or is he at least someone who is a certified coach ? He is not, so why this comparison to Doug Leigh etc?

Again, you don't have to be a certified coach or someone who has completed those jumps to know about technique.

Cleo1782

And that's what makes his snarky excesses, his irresponsible behavior and his worst personality traits so sad and woefully intolerable.[/QUOTE]

I totally get your point, but he doesn't bother me. There are a number of reasons to hate him, but if you don't like TSL-don't watch. He has done some wildly inappropriate things and it's hard for me personally to get through him and Jonathan's episodes because they are so long, but it is what it is. Dave isn't going to change. Jenny has 0 to do with TSL at this point, but he still has a lot of credible sources until they run out he's going to continue his same format. He does this for free basically so he can say what he wants. It's his right I guess. Just talking about him and TSL is fanning the flames. He wants that.

tony

Understanding the technique of any sport doesn't mean that you have to actually be doing the sport itself, let alone at an extremely high level. I think many fans who are all-around fans of skating (not just of particular skaters or styles) have a really good understanding of what good technique is and what the problem is when something goes wrong.

Tinami Amori

He does this for free basically so he can say what he wants.
He is not doing it for free. His site is monetized, and he has John Wilson Blades sponsorship (with a disclaimer that the site's opinions may not reflect company's views).
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSkatingLesson

Dave is not just giving opinions, which would be fine no matter how extreme they are. He is financially capitalizing on "unproven gossips" which maybe damaging to individuals and teams in the skating communities. He says things not because that is how he feels or thinks or feels strongly about. He stirs up sh.t and makes harmful accusations to gain attention to his site to make money, at other people's expense.

The equivalent of what he is doing, for example, is to put on an invisible string on a side walk to make people trip, in order to film them falling and screaming in funny poses, and then sell the videos for profit. You can film people, and you can film them if they trip naturally, i suppose..... but you have no right to make them trip and to make money off it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information