Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Evgenia at age 12, as a singles skater.

Amy L

Evgenia at age 12, as a singles skater.

There are a few videos of her as a single skater on Youtube. This one is from November 2009, in which she was not quite 15. I think she left for Moscow to become a pair skater with her first partner Yegor Chudin in about 2010.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
There are a few videos of her as a single skater on Youtube. This one is from November 2009, in which she was not quite 15. I think she left for Moscow to become a pair skater with her first partner Yegor Chudin in about 2010.

Nice basic skating skills. I am happy that she switched to pairs.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I read the article on Evgenia. It said Vladimir was a hockey player until he was 14. This is like The Cutting Age, except Evgenia is not a spoiled brat like the character in that movie. LOL. Is there any information on why her first partnership ended after two years? Of course I am happy that she has Vladimir as her partner.

Amy L

Vladimir wanted to play hockey as a child but didn't know how to skate. He wasn't allowed to apply for hockey training without learning to figure skate first. He decided he liked it and never switched to hockey. The coaches figured he'd end up being tall and he was set aside for pairs early on in his teens.

Zhenya is Vladimir's third partner. The first one grew too much, and the second one was apparently just a bad match and the coaches saw that it wouldn't work out. (or maybe it was the other way around, I don't remember the exact timeline!) Vladimir broke his foot right after he & Zhenya were paired up but she decided to wait it out. Good call!

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I read some sort of hilarious story once (Google translated from Russian) that Vladimir was at a skating camp or something as a child. They were all supposed to repeat the same piece of choreography, but he made up his own instead.

There was one thing I read about the second partner. She was from, I think, Ekaterinburg, so she and her mother were staying with Vladimir’s family and were the worst house guests ever.

Evgenia’s grandmother had wanted to put her and her sister into ballroom dance, but their town had skating instead. Evgenia would have to wait for her mom after lessons, and so one of the coaches invited her to join in another class with older skaters and she just progressed from there.

There was one anecdote that in 2005, she had wanted to travel to Moscow for worlds with some other girls/kids from the skating school, but her family couldn’t afford it. The coach told her that one day she would be the one to go to world’s as a competitor.

Amy L

There was one thing I read about the second partner. She was from, I think, Ekaterinburg, so she and her mother were staying with Vladimir’s family and were the worst house guests ever.

Yes, that's who I was thinking of! Ekaterina Krutskikh. Vladimir said that the mother snored so loud the walls in their apartment practically shook, lol. He was relieved that the coaches didn't think they were a good match.

This is them, btw

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Vladimir wanted to play hockey as a child but didn't know how to skate. He wasn't allowed to apply for hockey training without learning to figure skate first. He decided he liked it and never switched to hockey. The coaches figured he'd end up being tall and he was set aside for pairs early on in his teens.

Zhenya is Vladimir's third partner. The first one grew too much, and the second one was apparently just a bad match and the coaches saw that it wouldn't work out. (or maybe it was the other way around, I don't remember the exact timeline!) Vladimir broke his foot right after he & Zhenya were paired up but she decided to wait it out. Good call!
I read that he broke his foot one week after they were paired up. He could not skate for 3 months, but Zhenya decided to wait for him.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Somewhat OT. This is a live performance of the Lighthouse by Patrick Watson. A little different from TM's music, but just as emotional and haunting.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Sorry if it’s been shared already but I just saw this and I think it is so cute! :swoon:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Sorry if it’s been shared already but I just saw this and I think it is so cute! :swoon:

Thanks for posting. I had seen it earlier but couldn't access it again.

I think this is for the draw at last year's channel 1 Match TV (?). Everyone is all dressed up, and they all look so nice and happy.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
He's said repeatedly that he's not interested in coaching, he only wanted to help his friends when they were going through all of their training drama. But he was also helping Sliusarenko with his pairs this year, so maybe he's actually gotten the coaching bug after all?
If he can get a reward like TM's performance in the Olympics, he should get the bug. LOL.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
IG photo from the 2019 Worlds. They look happy even though they won only silver after a very good skate. SH deserved their gold though.

aka_gerbil

IG photo from the 2019 Worlds. They look happy even though they won only silver after a very good skate. SH deserved their gold though.
The auto translate on the caption says it was nationals 2019, so December 2018. I think the medal just looks silver in the one photo because of the light reflecting off of it.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The auto translate on the caption says it was nationals 2019, so December 2018. I think the medal just looks silver in the one photo because of the light reflecting off of it.
It says it was in the Czech Republic. So May be Europeans? But they didn't win it in 2019. James Cipre did. So the medal on Vova must be silver (can't see Zhenya)s because the flowers are covering it).
ETA- just checked. Euros were in Minsk, so this must be a different competition.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This IG site has many good photos of TM. In this one they cover many years of them skating together.

aka_gerbil

It says it was in the Czech Republic. So May be Europeans? But they didn't win it in 2019. James Cipre did. So the medal on Vova must be silver (can't see Zhenya)s because the flowers are covering it).
ETA- just checked. Euros were in Minsk, so this must be a different competition.
For some reason, when Russian nationals gets auto-translated to English, it gets turned into Czech Republic.

Marina is always turned into Ministry of Health. Triple toe loop is sheep skin coat. Pairs ends up as greenhouses, and skate as rental. Spiral is todes.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
For some reason, when Russian nationals gets auto-translated to English, it gets turned into Czech Republic.

Marina is always turned into Ministry of Health. Triple toe loop is sheep skin coat. Pairs ends up as greenhouses, and skate as rental. Spiral is todes.
LOL. I am glad I can read Russian, but sometimes times I click on their Translation (To make it quick). Will go back to read the Russian text.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Ten years together for Evgenia and Vladimir. Wishing them many more years of beautiful pairs skating and lots of happiness.

Fadeevfanboy

They are such wonderful people and talented skaters. I really hope they compete another 4 years. Especialy as their mental strength and skating seems to be ever improving at this point. The best is still to come for this amazing pair I feel. Just seeing them happy and relaxed after all the negativity they got in recent years is so exciting for me.

aka_gerbil

They are such wonderful people and talented skaters. I really hope they compete another 4 years. Especialy as their mental strength and skating seems to be ever improving at this point. The best is still to come for this amazing pair I feel. Just seeing them happy and relaxed after all the negativity they got in recent years is so exciting for me.
Given the world situation now, if they can’t compete outside of Russia, I doubt they’ll stick around 4 more years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information