Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Spun Silver

And kudos to whoever created their programs because it shows they got the essence of their skating and dynamic as a pair.
There is actually some confusion about that because Wikipedia credits Max while elsewhere I think I have heard that Gleikenhaus did them with input from everyone else. Does anyone have any light to shed on this? I hate not knowing whom to be grateful to for great programs!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
They had something similar happen to them at 2019 Worlds. They skated almost perfectly, but then S/H came behind them and took the whole thing.
In 2019 when they finished it felt like they may have won, but Vladimir had a small error on the sbs jumps. SH skated clean and won. Today though TM were clean and SH (Sui) had a small error on the sbs jump.

TM are collecting a lot of silver medals. Better get the gold in Monepllier next month. :)
If they skate the way they did in Beijing I like their chances at Worlds.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
There is actually some confusion about that because Wikipedia credits Max while elsewhere I think I have heard that Gleikenhaus did them with input from everyone else. Does anyone have any light to shed on this? I hate not knowing whom to be grateful to for great programs!
How about the whole team? I read that they all had inputs in creating this masterpiece.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I found this on IG. TM clip, then VT, back to TM....

Spun Silver

If I am reading that correctly most of the judges gave them 5’s but two gave them 4’s. I’m not sure how they could have done it any better.
I'm pretty sure one of the 4s and one of the 5s (the highest and lowest scores) were dropped before calculating the final score, to help remove more than usual bias. But anyway protocols full of 5s are very rare. For fun, look through all the skating protocols at this Olympics and see who has the most 5s. I haven't done that, but my guess would be Valieva (team event, of course) and TM.

Spun Silver

@Cachoo Here is a nerdy response to a Q you only hinted at. Ignore if boring. 😁 I just tried a database search at SkatingScores.com for the first time, and if I did it correctly, it shows +5 GOE scores of all the skaters in all disciplines at the Olympics. (The +3 refers to GOE before the +5 era began in the 2018-2019 season, but it wont apply to these searches.) Searches can only have a max of 50 results though. I separated team and individual events, but it still looks a though the list is incomplete. I requested ranked results but I'm not really understanding how the ranking works (or maybe it is clear once you have a complete list, which would only be possible by breaking the search down into sub-searches and combining the results - doable but tedious). Maybe someone else can improve on this.

For the Olympics individual events:
TM show up 5x (meaning 5 elements earned +5s) with a total of 34 +5s in this search.
S/H show up 6x with a total of 35 +5s. (But in home country.)
P/C show up 10x with a total of 64 +5s. WINNERS!
Nathan shows up 1x with a total of 8 +5s.
[A surprise! Either this list is very incomplete, or Nathan isnt really a +5 skater.]
Jason shows up 6x with a total of 39 +5s.
M/G show up 1x with a total of 6 +5s.
C/B show up 2x with a total of 10 +5s.
Yuzuru shows up 1x with 5 +5s. (Dang 4A)
Shoma shows up 2x with 10 +5s.
(Note: I did this fast and didn't check my work; mistakes all too likely.)

I'm going to stop there because this is taking up too much time and I don't know how complete the list is. It does include both SPs and FSs, RDs and FDs. (See rightmost column.) Anyway, it seems to show that I was wrong about TM leading, but right insofar as they rank high. PC look like the overall +5 winner by a mile.

For the Olympic team event (no T/M):

T/M weren't in it so I'll leave it alone, but at a glance it looks like I may have been right about Valieva.

Last edited:

Cherub721

YEAH!
Thanks @Spun Silver very cool! I know the site but didn't know you could do searches like that.

New interview. Cleaned up google translate.
Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozo unexpectedly became the best Russian couple of the Olympics. The duet has been performing at major competitions for a long time, but the guys did not have a personal medal of the Games until yesterday. At the Russian championship, Zhenya and Vova were only third: a month ago, the chances for the podium of the Games looked insignificant. But on the Beijing ice, they stopped a few tenths of a point away from victory. It was impossible to beat the legendary Chinese Sui / Han in their homeland, but the Russian couple almost managed

And the next day, immediately after the performance with the demonstration number, Tarasova and Morozov talked with Sport24 correspondent Konstantin Lesik.
- The Olympics are over. Have something to say to the fans?
Zhenya:
Thank you very much.

Vova: And many thanks to those who have supported us throughout our career. Even in moments when we had black stripes. Therefore, now I just want to say hello to our most devoted fans.

Did you manage to comprehend somehow what happened yesterday?
Vova:
Awareness will come later, when we fly home on the plane (smiles). Our performance ended not so long ago, and today we are back on the ice. We didn’t sleep almost all night, we read congratulations all night, couldn’t calm down and move away from what we had experienced. We didn't even rest. And today we finally finished our performances here! All official parts behind. Finally, we can exhale and understand what happened to us here.

- How many hours did you sleep?
Vova:
One (laughs).

There were many emotions at the Olympics, but is there any feeling that prevails now?
Zhenya:
Of course, joy.

- Is “Joy” the main word that you would use to describe the Olympics for yourself?
Vova:
One word will not be enough here (smiles). I will say this: we did what we wanted at the right time in the right place. This is the most important thing for us.

- Yesterday you gave a rather ambiguous answer to the question about continuing your career. I'll try to put it differently: what determines whether you stay in sports or not?
Zhenya:
First, we need to come home, take a break and digest what happened to us here. And already make a decision. In general - you need to finish this season first!

Vova: Yes, we need to finish the season. And this question is quite complicated. Everything depends on many factors. Here the question is not only in desire, "I want - I do not want." There are many things that are hidden from the fans. We will weigh all these facts and make a decision.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Thanks @Spun Silver very cool! I know the site but didn't know you could do searches like that.

New interview. Cleaned up google translate.
Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozo unexpectedly became the best Russian couple of the Olympics. The duet has been performing at major competitions for a long time, but the guys did not have a personal medal of the Games until yesterday. At the Russian championship, Zhenya and Vova were only third: a month ago, the chances for the podium of the Games looked insignificant. But on the Beijing ice, they stopped a few tenths of a point away from victory. It was impossible to beat the legendary Chinese Sui / Han in their homeland, but the Russian couple almost managed

And the next day, immediately after the performance with the demonstration number, Tarasova and Morozov talked with Sport24 correspondent Konstantin Lesik.
- The Olympics are over. Have something to say to the fans?
Zhenya:
Thank you very much.

Vova: And many thanks to those who have supported us throughout our career. Even in moments when we had black stripes. Therefore, now I just want to say hello to our most devoted fans.

Did you manage to comprehend somehow what happened yesterday?
Vova:
Awareness will come later, when we fly home on the plane (smiles). Our performance ended not so long ago, and today we are back on the ice. We didn’t sleep almost all night, we read congratulations all night, couldn’t calm down and move away from what we had experienced. We didn't even rest. And today we finally finished our performances here! All official parts behind. Finally, we can exhale and understand what happened to us here.

- How many hours did you sleep?
Vova:
One (laughs).

There were many emotions at the Olympics, but is there any feeling that prevails now?
Zhenya:
Of course, joy.

- Is “Joy” the main word that you would use to describe the Olympics for yourself?
Vova:
One word will not be enough here (smiles). I will say this: we did what we wanted at the right time in the right place. This is the most important thing for us.

- Yesterday you gave a rather ambiguous answer to the question about continuing your career. I'll try to put it differently: what determines whether you stay in sports or not?
Zhenya:
First, we need to come home, take a break and digest what happened to us here. And already make a decision. In general - you need to finish this season first!

Vova: Yes, we need to finish the season. And this question is quite complicated. Everything depends on many factors. Here the question is not only in desire, "I want - I do not want." There are many things that are hidden from the fans. We will weigh all these facts and make a decision.
Thanks for posting. No wonder Vladimir looked tired at the gala, after just one hour of sleep.

That last answer is ambiguous. It doesn't sound like they will definitely compete at worlds. I hope they will.

May be they were talking about 'After the worlds'?

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Pics from the gala, skating their Titanic program.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This is so cute! Vladimir doing death spiral with two partners - Zhenya and Sasha.

mjb52

Zhenya:

Tell us everything!!! :) I'm just kidding, keep your secrets.

Congratulations! A very deserving couple. I think it sounds like they will compete at Worlds, they just aren't sure what will happen after that.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Cherub721

YEAH!
Double trouble for Vlad!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Fans welcome Zhenya and Vova after they arrive in Moscow.

Amy L

This was posted long ago by someone. I am posting this again because it is funny. We see a different side of them.

I always loved this. They 100% know each other but are the complete opposites, lol

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Part of what Trankov said- from IG
This is why he was so emotional after their skate. It was his triumph too.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Their medals present, then past in this IG video

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information