Skate Canada 2023 Rhythm Dance - Sweet Dreams Are Made of Fleece

skatingguy

decently
And yet there isn't any discussion about Maddie Schizas using "Summertime". Seems to me that people around here have certain skaters they're happy to use as punching bags for whatever "problematic" choices they make - music, social media likes, coaches, etc.
And we didn't discuss Michael Jackson either. There's no way that a skating forum is going to be able to keep track of every problematic piece of music, or artist that is used in the sport. If you felt strongly about the Summertime piece then mention it in the appropriate thread, but don't go around trying to shut down conversation about a different piece of music just because someone decided to discuss it.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
And we didn't discuss Michael Jackson either. There's no way that a skating forum is going to be able to keep track of every problematic piece of music, or artist that is used in the sport. If you felt strongly about the Summertime piece then mention it in the appropriate thread, but don't go around trying to shut down conversation about a different piece of music just because someone decided to discuss it.
Thank you. Again I know the person you are replying to and the way the treat other posters when they don't like what they say on any subject.

If someone here questioned a music choice for whatever reason because they felt it was inappropriate then you ask why instead of telling them that they should pull their head in.

I appreciate those who actually said they didn't realise what the song is about but also said I can see why it would upset you. I am hoping that my comments will help give some context.

Having said that, without the political context, it is just not a good piece of music to skate to. Even without the words, I wouldn't pick it for just the music alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information