Really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
Friday night in ICU...

Lee has been out of surgery for a few hours now; she is stable and resting, and in good hands.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support. Lee has pretty nice friends.

Tomorrow is a new day...
Thank you for taking the time to update us, @Gerry. Although I've never had the privilege of meeting Lee in person, it's heartwarming to see how many FSUers care about her and collectively are sending positive thoughts, prayers and strength to her and you, the family.

halffull

Life is a beautiful thing
Well this sure isn't what anyone wants to read but thanks for the updates Gerry. Sending love and positive thoughts for a full recovery to Lee! Hugs to you, Gerry and the rest off the family. Lee was one of the first people to reach out in friendship to me when I first joined FSU. Although we've never met she feels like a good friend. Relieved things are sounding better after her surgery. I just know she's going to be okay!!

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Thanks so much @Gerry So thankful the surgery went well, and she is resting. Please keep up your strength and also try to get rest when you can. Lee has been a wonderful friend to me and so many others here at FSU. She is such a generous loving person, and my prayers will continue for her and for you.

pat c

Gerry told me that Lee had a quiet night. The internist told us (Gerry and family) this morning, they are going to start bringing her up, but that it will be gradual. Might happen today, might take longer.

So, patience is required. It will be a long day for Gerry and family.

Last edited:

TOADS

Toad whisperer.....
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this whole thing. Lee was a hoot and if you want a sample of her humor, dig up the parody that was done by a few of "'Twas the Night Before Christmas". It has to be somewhere between 6 and 10 years ago.

But I have the confidence that she will recover, I mean, look at our other Angel, Angie.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

So the next time I am going to post will be when Really posts again...

With continued prayers and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery........

pat c

Gerry and his family are really appreciating the support, btw.

It's certainly been a tough time for them. So, keep thinking good thoughts people.

And in keeping with fgrsk8's post. Back in the olden days.....before FSU, there was another board where a witty bunch posted about toilets. If you do a search on google for toilets as figure skaters you will find it. :) Really posted about her fav model.

Last edited:

Gerry

Hi, everyone.

We have been with Lee all day as they go through the slow process of letting her wake up. With less sedation in her system, and slowly lowering the levels of the other medications, she has been more 'active' as the day wears on.

The kids and I continue to see hopeful signs of recovery, but as yet have no real news for you. We continue to wait, and pray, and appreciate your continued support.

Thank you all...
Gerry

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Thank you for the update. I know it must feel very helpless and frustrating to let this process be as slow as it needs to be, but truly, it's in her best interest. Too much stimulation too quickly can cause problems with intracranial pressure, which is why the lowering of medications and sedation goes so slowly. Baby steps is the key right now. I am very glad that you are feeling that you see good signs, and please know we're all keeping good thoughts for her and you all as well.

manhn

Thank you, Gerry. I am grateful and relieved that you and your family are keeping positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information