Foods you can't stand

skatesindreams

I figure the reason I enjoy so many foods now is because I was denied so much in my childhood.
No doubt.
Fortunately, you can choose for yourself now!

I'm a member of the salmon and Chardonnay club.
May I join you in the corner?

KatieC

There is not chocolate in the salmon corner, there's only salmon. You have to move around to get something else. Just because.

Japanfan

I'll be happy to join you in the salmon corner - I love it!!

I don't mind salmon, but am not as crazy about it as some people. It's not my favourite fish, and my favourite way of cooking it is to barbecue a whole one stuffed with wild rice and bacon, and then to rub butter on it - which kind of counters the health benefits of the fish I would think.

Also, I can only eat Pacific sockeye salmon. I don't like any of the other kinds, or canned salmon with cream cheese and almonds or peanuts makes a nice dip.

So I can circulate through the salmon corner.

Think I'll set up a sangria station in my own, though.:rockstar:

hanca

Values her privacy
I don't mind salmon as long as I am not the one eating it. I am fine with other people eating it, but I will rather choose something else.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I don't mind salmon, but am not as crazy about it as some people.

Think I'll set up a sangria station in my own, though.:rockstar:
You misquoted me, I hate salmon unless it's smoked. But I will join you at the sangria station, especially if there is white sangria. That's been my thing lately.

Japanfan

You misquoted me, I hate salmon unless it's smoked. But I will join you at the sangria station, especially if there is white sangria. That's been my thing lately.

Misquote unintentional.

Both red and white sangria work for me. I don't go easy on the Grand Marnier.

After a few of those, the salmon will be more palatable and I'll be brave enough to try a few bull testicles. :)

hanca

Values her privacy
I have never tried to make sangria from white wine. Not sure why, but it always was red wine.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I have never tried to make sangria from white wine. Not sure why, but it always was red wine.
Yes, it always was, plus the name sangria suggests that it's red. But for a few years now I've been seeing white sangria, really good too.

Jubak

I detest green peppers & esp. cooked green peppers. I cannot stand the smell, or the taste. Also cooked-too-long broccoli. The smell makes me nauseous. And runny eggs. And beer. Can't drink milk by itself but will drink lattes.

Last edited:

Vagabond

I'm in for the salmon corner, and wine........so what are the tables again? Might have to save room in the tummy. ;)

I'm not really sure that anyone here except for the salmon lovers likes much of anything at all. :shuffle:

The working menu over at the salmon corner calls for salmon with wild rice and various still and sparkling wines. Oh, and blintzes and caviar too, in memory of that Norwegian restaurant on the north side of the Place Dauphine in Paris that didn't serve much of anything except for salmon, wild rice, blintzes, caviar and champagne. :swoon:

Oh, and dark chocolate. :)

Last edited:

Kecasyl

No, just no
Cream would be like drinking Go-Lylity (which is a medicine used to clean out the colon before colonoscopy). Thick glycerin soap taste.
I can occasionally eat ice cream, but if it starts to melt - gross. I will eat yogurt if it is whipped Yoplait - some posters tell me that is mostly sugar, so it doesn't count in their book. Greek yogurt is like eating pure cream, again gross.
Milk is gross and I can not even think about drinking it without gagging.

Are you sure you're not talking about the Barium suspension drink that is flavored and is a creamy milkshake consistency? Because anytime I've had Go-Lightly it's like drinking a super gross version of Lemon/Lime Gatorade. (The barium drinks are super gross too btw).

Which leads me into mentioning for that reason I won't drink gatorade or powerade especially if it's lemon-lime (gag)
Also fish other than salmon, cauliflower and liver. :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information