2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
On my way to Montreal! Need to figure out how to get the practice passes on Eventbrite. Since I am in an airport, I obviously do not have a printer available. And I don't have one at home, either. Fingers crossed!

If the hotel has a business center you should be able to print there. See you soon!!!!

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Food and drinks and cafes recommendations: Olivia Smart, Kaitlin Hawayek, and Jackie Wong are all posting pretty solid suggestions on Instagram and Twitter for places around main and practice rink. I would describe most of them as in the mid range price, casual (i.e. not fine dining) but still well known and catering to a hip-ish crowd. But obviously that depends on personal budget (and exchange rate too). All restaurants have menus online so worth checking to get an idea.

For the Verdun area, my suggestion is Wellington street.
For near-ish the main arena, the Vieux port has more fancy-ish touristy options but still some valid ones.
Otherwise for downtown I would look more in the rectangle delimited by Peel street-Fort street along St-Catherine or de Maisonneuve (so a bit up towards the Mt Royal mountain from the centre bell). The quality there varies a lot and among some random fast food or poor quality options there are especially good Asian restaurants.
Bonus: Chinatown (still kind of downtown but a bit further) is a secret gem for food!

Of course for really good food options (and nice neighborhoods to visit!) if you have some hours off I would suggest to venture to the Plateau, the Mile end, and Little Italy (with the Jean Talon market). Or in the other direction, not far from Verdun, the Saint-Henri neighborhood with Notre Dame street and the Atwater market.

Can post more recommendations for sightseeing or if there are any specific requests!

ETA: usual sites such as Eater Montreal, Tastet Montreal etc have some of the classic restaurants recommendations.
MTL blog also has food recommendations as well as sometimes what's going on in the city.
Time out Montreal and Mtl.org also have an updated list of what's going on at the moment.

ETA2: It's also sugar shack season! If you're lucky to have extra days and your own transport I would recommend that experience, one of the most Quebecois things you could do at this time of the year! Some restaurants in the city have sugar shack themed menus around this time too and there's a sugar shack festival in town (cabane panache) from the 21 on Wellington street (verdun). Place des arts, a couple stops away from the bell center should also have food trucks and sugar shack related events around this time.

Last edited:

skipaway

Totally worth it to get the inside scoop commentary and interesting tidbits of info.
Extremely happy I packed my old pluggable ear phones in my luggage. I can use them instead of the ear piece that is with the radio. Much more comfortable. My airpods won’t work with it.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
My friends in the arena told me that some seats on the judge sides, including the corners, were rearranged/covered and her seat in Section 110 is not available and she had to move.😣

Debbie just sent me a photo from our row in 110 and we just made the cut! Everything below us is covered. Our view of the K&C is blocked by the TV booth.

Chellersm

My friends in the arena told me that some seats on the judge sides, including the corners, were rearranged/covered and her seat in Section 110 is not available and she had to move.😣
Do you know what she did about it/who she talked to? We’re in 110 too and our seats are blocked off. We just got here and I wanted to watch Amber practice before I go and ask someone official about it - I assume the box office is closed. I can’t believe they just handed me my tickets at will call this morning when the seats aren’t even available!

SaSherka

Entering Montreal!
Can someone tell me if the parking passes that you can buy via Ticketmaster are just for the event or potentially overnight??

Chellersm

Do you know what she did about it/who she talked to? We’re in 110 too and our seats are blocked off. We just got here and I wanted to watch Amber practice before I go and ask someone official about it - I assume the box office is closed. I can’t believe they just handed me my tickets at will call this morning when the seats aren’t even available!
Replying to myself in case anyone else has this situation! I found customer service and they basically said to come back tomorrow… it’s between 123 and 124 if anyone else needs it.

Debbie S

I suspect the covered seats have an obstructed view. In our row (J), you can see the whole rink, just about, but no K&C. I'm guessing one row down, your view of the rink may start getting obscured. Yeah, agree, why couldn't they have figured out the configuration before they put seats on sale....NBC should know how big their booth is, it's not the first event they've done.

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
I think my seat is covered. Will have to go find out in the morning. I don’t understand why they sold them if they weren’t going to let people sit there.

I suspect the covered seats have an obstructed view. In our row (J), you can see the whole rink, just about, but no K&C. I'm guessing one row down, your view of the rink may start getting obscured. Yeah, agree, why couldn't they have figured out the configuration before they put seats on sale....NBC should know how big their booth is, it's not the first event they've done.
At Worlds in 2013 I was sitting behind the judges for the Pairs short program, and a couple women came along to sit in their seats, and one of the seats had been replaced by light projector. Sometimes these things just don't get communicated to the people in sales.

jkl

Ummm would someone at morning practice let me know if 116 row DD is covered? I couldn’t tell by the picture that was posted. Thanks!

SkateSand

Cat Servant
My best compensation for being sold a seat they couldn't fulfill was at Worlds in L.A. When I pointed out to the usher that my seat didn't appear to exist, he went to speak to management and came back to me and gave me an almost as good seat (I had first row in a corner and they moved me to second row at center ice) and they refunded me the entire cost of my first row all event tickets. So my all event tickets for Worlds ended up being free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information