2024 Canadian Championships Sr Men's SP - Wind chill expected to bottom out at -50

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I don't understand why people liked Gabriel Blumenthal. To me he's all angles and gangly. Morita and Mogilen OTOH are so smooth, all beautiful posture and elegance. Plus they were clean which helps a lot 😁

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I don't understand why people liked Gabriel Blumenthal. To me he's all angles and gangly. Morita and Mogilen OTOH are so smooth, all beautiful posture and elegance. Plus they were clean which helps a lot 😁

IMO Blumenthal has a different style, and quite different choreography - more quirky than Morita and Mogilen. I think they all did really well what they each do well, they're just not the same kind of skaters.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I like how he interprets the music. Such a nice change from the jump bots.
You mean Blumenthal? I need to watch it again. Kaetlyn was kinda raving about him, but I really didn't get it at all.
And i certainly wouldn't characterize Morita or Mogilen as jumpbots

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I feel like Alec Guinzbourg has really improved the artistic side of his skating; as a junior I don't remember him being particularly strong at connecting with his music.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
IMO Blumenthal has a different style, and quite different choreography - more quirky than Morita and Mogilen. I think they all did really well what they each do well, they're just not the same kind of skaters.
Yeah well I like what i like :lol:

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
After the second of 3 groups (as announced):
Anthony Paradis QC 74.16
Mikhail Mogilen ON 72.88
Rio Morita ON 70.46
Bruce Waddell ON 65.86
Alec Guinzbourg ON 62.31
Damien Bueckert SK 59.48
Gabriel Blumenthal BC/YK 58.72
Ethan Scott AB/NT/NU 48.15
Antoine Goyette QC 45.71

WD Shohei Law BC/YK
WD Dominic Rondeau QC

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I wonder if Newnham was injured this fall as it was surprising he didn't get an international assignment (I know he had one in the spring after last year's nationals).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information