Zhulin interview on the state of Russian dance & a bit about Papadakis/Cizeron

Daena

Im out of the loop here. What happened with Y/M? Did they break up? It's true they had a dismal season, but they are young, no? Why not try a coaching change before they give up.
There were some gossips about them, something about Mozgov trying with other girl but it didn't work and he came back to Yanovskaya.

Marta24

I get that there are a lot of great male ice dancers in Russia (and yes I include Ruslan in that too), but it's not like Elena can skate with everyone.

Tak

@analia @Tak Apparently Yanovskaya is injured and will probably have to quit.

Oh no - this is terrible news. But I guess it explains why they looked so bad this season. After hearing people rave about them in juniors, I was looking forward to their senior debut. But they looked sloppy and under-prepared. If they had a lot of injury down-time, it would explain it.

Any idea what her injury is? I mean - Soloviev came back. Maybe she could too. Even if they need to take a year off, at this point in their career, if they could come back strong, it shouldn't hurt them too much.

Tak

There were some gossips about them, something about Mozgov trying with other girl but it didn't work and he came back to Yanovskaya.

Does this mean you don't think she's injured, they're just not getting along? Or did you mean she is injured and he's looking for a new partner?

Im hoping she's okay and maybe they can start again with a new coach.

I think he's on the tall side. I can only think of Stepanova as a partner for him.

princeton123

Ilinykh/Mozgov could work well together. They're both extremely dynamic performers.

I doubt Elena would leave Ruslan though.

Ka3sha

@Xela M Stop sabotaging RUSLAN :lynch::EVILLE:
Yep. Ruslan is not bad at all and he is progressing. Do not forget, he always had only women coaches (hm, not the very best ones), so, I guess, work with Igor and Fabian will be very helpful for him.
In terms of his look - a LOT depends on his hairstyle, IMO
Just look here http://cs622625.vk.me/v622625352/2930a/4PHevC0hiks.jpg or here https://www.instagram.com/p/BDMvLnjPLJo/?taken-by=ilinykh_zhiganshin_official and then here :scream: https://www.instagram.com/p/-5WbDovLOR/?taken-by=ilinykh_zhiganshin_official

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
IMO Ruslan looks much better since he has been away from Sinsitina. I blame Sinstina because, Katsalapov looks worse since he teamed up with her.

ANYWAYS - I dont have any details on Yanovskaya, but form what Ive been told she had a nasty fall prior to the beginning of last season and the consequences are still here. Maybe Mozgov would have to look abroad. I would love for him to have a french partner. make it a new Anissina&Peizerat!

Marta24

IMO Ruslan looks much better since he has been away from Sinsitina. I blame Sinstina because, Katsalapov looks worse since he teamed up with her.

ANYWAYS - I dont have any details on Yanovskaya, but form what Ive been told she had a nasty fall prior to the beginning of last season and the consequences are still here. Maybe Mozgov would have to look abroad. I would love for him to have a french partner. make it a new Anissina&Peizerat!

I agree about Ruslan. Teaming up with Elena is the best that has happened to him, because it brought him out of his shell.
I`m unsure if it`s all on Sinitsina though, I mean Nikita used to make these mistakes even when he was skating with Elena. He can say as often as he likes that Elena was more prone to mistakes, his competitve history tells another story.

I hope Yanovskaya can get back to the ice, I really love Y/M. But if she has to retire, maybe someone like Angelique Abachkina could be a possibility for Mozgov? I know she is only a Junior skater, but IMO a diva in the making.

Xela M

But a Russian A&P! :angryfire France already has P&C! Enough!

Xela M

I agree about Ruslan. Teaming up with Elena is the best that has happened to him, because it brought him out of his shell.
I`m unsure if it`s all on Sinitsina though, I mean Nikita used to make these mistakes even when he was skating with Elena. He can say as often as he likes that Elena was more prone to mistakes, his competitve history tells another story.

I hope Yanovskaya can get back to the ice, I really love Y/M. But if she has to retire, maybe someone like Angelique Abachkina could be a possibility for Mozgov? I know she is only a Junior skater, but IMO a diva in the making.

Unfortunately Elena is still prone to mistakes :(

aftershocks

Banned Member
Very interesting interview with Zhulin re assessing Russia dance scene and ice dance field in general. I came to this thread late, so I wonder if there are any new developments re Mozgov? Is he definitely with Popova now or still looking for a partner?

I too am anticipating following the development/ progress of Zahorski/Guerreiro, particularly under Zhulin's tutelage. I still have hopes for S/K, and it will be interesting to see what becomes of I/Z if they end up training full time with Igor S.

This interview appears to have been conducted prior to the recent reprieve for Bobrova/Soloviev re the meldonium drama.

And yep, Sotnikova/ Bukin brings up intriguing images, but is probably very unlikely to come to fruition. More likely Stepanova/Bukin will stay together and work hard at improving. It is interesting that Russian ice dance appears to have faltered/ fallen from their legendary tenure at the top as they began placing more emphasis on developing singles disciplines.

O, the continued lament: "Elena needs Katsalapov!" And that hot pic of them in former days together on the ice. :smokin: Seems as if I/K's youth, their former romance, and then Elena's unfortunate romance with Morozov was a volatile mix for what is clearly already a volatile mix of trying to maintain an ice dance partnership in big time hot glare while melding two feisty temperaments (then later add in coach Morozov's temperament). Too hot to handle. And what's done and over is ... done and over ...

Last edited:

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
@casken I think very soon things will be public. I assume the federation needs to bless possible new partnerships before the splits and retirements are announced.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Ah but her heart wasn't in it. At least she got to skate to Laputa :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information