World’s Question

Cachoo

Japan is 15 hours ahead of much of North America? I am trying to plan my work schedule with the championship in mind.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Oh, I already have my crazy time-zone guide up. By then, my Caribbean/Antilles zone will match Eastern USA’s DST…so we’ll be 13 hours behind Japan. Worlds 2023 will be a Peacock-live all-night extravaganza, for sure!

Four Cs in Colorado and Jr Worlds in Calgary will be a lot easier!

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
PTO scheduled for that week! Wouldn't miss Worlds live-snarking with FSU for anything!

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Does this mean it will hit really early morning hours on the US East Coast? That's my best time.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
For people in Eastern US:
On most days, the pattern is to begin prime night (such as 8pm eastern), then begin the next event around 1am eastern, and end around 6am. Topsy-turvy day.

Skate Talker

Bookmark this website - https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Type in the selected city or country and it will show you the current time there, the current time difference, dates on which it will change to/from daylight savings, if applicable. Then you can easily figure out your time difference on any given date. (If you aren't sure of the dates of time changes where you live, simply enter your own location in the search.)

I will also nitpick your initial question giving one specific time difference and calling that "most of North America". Canada is most of North America and we have numerous different time zones so there is not one "most of" time difference. (Even the continental US has several different time zones.)

DreamSkates

I plan to rise early enough to see at least the last 2 groups of each discipline, free programs.
I’ll have to get some caffeine in me if I have to get up at 4 a.m. or earlier.

Might watch some of the SP for ladies and men if I can figure out via ISU site, the time my favorites are skating. I go to ISU Results for a competition and access the pdf of skating times.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
ISU stream for me. I’ll watch live (from Luxembourg) when convenient and do replay for everything else. The only things I’ll miss are the real time snarks in the PBP threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information