Word Games

Cherub721

YEAH!
Is anyone playing wordle in other languages?

It took me 5 tries to get today's wordle. Then I saw a link for one in Latin, which I barely got in 6, then I googled for one in Spanish, which I somehow got in 5.

I may have to look into that tab grouping thing to keep track. :slinkaway

https://wordle.latindictionary.io
Cool. Had not thought of this. I tried one in Italian, it's so weird getting so many more vowels, lol.

Susan1

still only got it in 5. p.s. sometimes I use SKATE (that's not the answer) as my first word.

Wordle 221 5/6

⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Last edited:

Susan1

Fourth time with 4. It's better than 5 or 6 or not at all, but geez.

Wordle 223 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Susan1

Man - I almost put the fourth word for the third choice and I changed my mind. Can I have a 3.5?

Wordle 224 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not fair. Not fair. Who invented this dumb game anyway? :)

Last edited:

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
The New York Times has bought Wordle.

The sudden hit Wordle, in which once a day players get six chances to guess a five-letter word, has been acquired by The New York Times Company.

The purchase, announced by The Times on Monday, reflects the growing importance of games, like crosswords and Spelling Bee, in the company’s quest to increase digital subscriptions to 10 million by 2025.

Wordle was acquired from its creator, Josh Wardle, a software engineer in Brooklyn, for a price “in the low seven figures,” The Times said. The company said the game would initially remain free to new and existing players.

Susan1

I forgot earlier. Maybe I should wait till after 5 p.m. from now on.

Wordle 226 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ta-da! finally

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
I love to play Wordle. So far I have got it in five at the most. I live in fear of the day when I fail to solve it. That’s when I will start to wonder if my brain is too old.

oleada

The New York Times has bought Wordle.

The sudden hit Wordle, in which once a day players get six chances to guess a five-letter word, has been acquired by The New York Times Company.

The purchase, announced by The Times on Monday, reflects the growing importance of games, like crosswords and Spelling Bee, in the company’s quest to increase digital subscriptions to 10 million by 2025.

Wordle was acquired from its creator, Josh Wardle, a software engineer in Brooklyn, for a price “in the low seven figures,” The Times said. The company said the game would initially remain free to new and existing players.
Ugh, bet it’s totally going behind a paywall

Yehudi

AITA
I always start with a certain word and the second word is based on what letters come up for the first.
Wordle 227 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Ah, but there is a loophole--you can download the entire game and play it on your computer.

Simply visit Wordle’s website (https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/), right-click on the page (or use a drop-down menu depending on your browser), choose “save page as a webpage,” and save it to your desktop. You should then see an HTML file on your desktop as well as a folder that’s labeled “wordle_files.” Clicking on the HTML file should open the game in your browser, even if you’re offline.

So I did this and it worked, with one issue--it starts your games at zero, so you lose your record. Otherwise, it's the same.

sk8pics

They said not yet. I see in the meantime @Prancer posted a workaround.

I already subscribe to the NYTimes games section; I think it’s like $17/year, which is not too bad.

I got Wordle in 6 words today. Would have had it in 5 but I guessed wrong, LOL.

Jenny

From the Bloc
My bet is that the NY Times keeps it free as long as it's still so popular because otherwise there would be an outcry that could potentially damage their other games. After all there are plenty of other games and other sites out there that remain free. Once popularity wanes, I can see them adding it into their other games where you do have to pay.

For now, at most I can see them tempting players to try out their other games, maybe free for a period or a number of plays, to attract people into their main site.

text_skate

Wordle 229 6/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First I thought wow, this one will be good. Then :huh: how many more possibilities are there? On the last try I've got it right. Used all the words I knew :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information