Why 'normal result pages' are not used everywhere?

maija

I have been wondering, years, why 'normal result pages' are not used everywhere?
I mean pages like this in ISU Junior GP this weekend.
They are very well used in Europe but not everywhere.
It is always hard to find (online) results of competitions in USA or Canada. Why?

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I have been wondering, years, why 'normal result pages' are not used everywhere?
I mean pages like this in ISU Junior GP this weekend.
They are very well used in Europe but not everywhere.
It is always hard to find (online) results of competitions in USA or Canada. Why?

I have to agree. I found the US Classic and Autumn Classic pages hard to navigate and overly fiddly to use. Not great UX and UI by any stretch.

This is only guessing, but unlike the Junior Grand Prix Series which has a standard result page set up by the ISU themselves, it is the Challenger Series hosts which create their own pages. Mostly, the ISU is only responsible for posting the Event Overview link.

Last edited:

maija

Here in Finland in all big national competitions (where the judges use screens) the results are in that standard form (online).
In smaller competitions the results are published in club sites in pdf-form just after the competition.

It can't be so difficult!

Willin

I know in the US we don't use the normal format because the results are often linked on IceNetwork. The frame they use requires a different format.

TBH, I like the normal format for it's simplicity (and saying if it's an ice cut/warm-up/who's on the ice), but the USFS format is much nicer after the competition ends. While the .pdf is available to see all the scoring details, you can easily hop from SP to LP scores for each discipline and see calls and GOE/PCS averages for everything without having to hunt through the .pdf.

kalamalka

I really dislike Skate Canada's format, because far too much of it is PDF and too little is live (although IIRC they did have live scoring for Canadians last year, albeit not in standard format). I wish they'd switch to the ISU format. But there may also be cost/licensing issues. Skate Canada and USFSA have probably developed scoring software for use across levels and throughout the country within their own systems, and maybe built on platforms that predate the current ISU product.

danafan

Canadian ladies Ć¼ber
Skate Canada uses live scoring/protocols during their Challenge and National events. I don't know why the scoring format at the Autumn Classic is so bad.

VGThuy

I like the format used by Icenetwork but to actually find it or navigate through the results is a pain.

That's my biggest issue. It's impossible to find, but I like it once you find it, and I like how it's formatted, especially after an event is over as @Willin stated.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Because many events are run by volunteers and you need someone who has the technical knowledge to be able to do it.

oleada

Ugh I hate it. I wish the USFS and Skate Canada used the regular format. I hate how when I refresh the IN page, it takes me back to the main results. I also hate how the score isn't broken down by PCS and TES.

oleada

Ugh I hate it. I wish the USFS and Skate Canada used the regular format. I hate how when I refresh the IN page, it takes me back to the main results. I also hate how the score isn't broken down by PCS and TES.

Last edited:

alj5

One of the reasons the USFSA hasn't used the ISU version for home events is that the USFSA has never signed on to anonymous judging and there wasn't a way to identify individual judge's scores in the ISU version back in the day. Or at least that's what I was told back when I went to a class to be an accountant back in 2003-ish.

I think the real reason is that they wanted their own system and then when ice network was launched, they kept their own thing going.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
WOW>>>. You don't know how frustrated Ive been this season (and others too) about this exact same topic.

Hate that ISU has a "results" link for all of these Bs and they are never used in some instances.. You can go back to previous years and click on results and it still was never used or updated.

The Canadian Autumn is the WORST! They use PDF files I guess to publish once everything is over and done. Seems archaic and useless to me. Canada has been the worst.

Ive had to go over to goldenskate forums because the moderators there or posters usually find the correct results link.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
There may or may not be anyone "monitoring" this board who can relay all of your concerns to the federations involved. Even if there is, I would suggest you contact the involved federations directly if you feel so strongly. Perhaps you can influence them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information