Who will Take the Last Olympics Spot in Russian Ladies ?

Who will Make the Cut

• Anna Shcherbakova

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Alexandra Trusova

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Elizaveta Tuktamsyehva

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

love_skate2011

Banned Member
A Quadless Anna or should another chance be given to Al Tuk at Euros ?

or better Take Kamila off from Euros
and have a three way competition with Trusova-Anna-Tuk

DreamSkates

A 3-way comp at Euros should seal the deal, and tell the story of who will hold up better under pressure. And scores not as likely to be inflated at Euros.

olympic

I assume we are looking at an all-Eteri team, sadly no Tuk - Valieva, Shcherbakova, Trusova.

I don't dislike Trusova, but watching her skate is like watching an acrobat do big tricks w/ absolutely nothing else going on. She is THE poster child for reasons to decouple the PCS from the TES

Last edited:

Fadeevfanboy

Those 3 are the 3 fed favorites anyway, the 3 with the highest scoring potential, and finished top 3 at Nationals. And all 3 are Eteri girls. 2 of the 3 were on the podium at worlds, with the dominant one not eligible, and the other one who was finished way down the list at Nationals, not even top 5. They are your Olympic team, book it. I bet you the Russian fed announces it soon, before even Europeans. Those thinking Tuk. is still in serious contention are sadly delusional at this point IMO.

becca

Those 3 are the 3 fed favorites anyway, the 3 with the highest scoring potential, and finished top 3 at Nationals. And all 3 are Eteri girls. 2 of the 3 were on the podium at worlds, with the dominant one not eligible, and the other one who was finished way down the list at Nationals, not even top 5. They are your Olympic team, book it. I bet you the Russian fed announces it soon, before even Europeans. Those thinking Tuk. is still in serious contention are sadly delusional at this point IMO.
Not only that not sure why folks feel it’s unfair. Now if Anna skates poorly at Euros the federation may rethink. It’s a sad situation.

Fadeevfanboy

Not only that not sure why folks feel it’s unfair. Now if Anna skates poorly at Euros the federation may rethink. It’s a sad situation.
Yes I was really rooting for Elizaveta to finally make the Olympics. It is pretty clear she needed a top 3 at Nationals though. She in no way had done anything to set her apart from the 3 who actually did come top 3 at Nationals, so that was the only way. As it was she came 7th. It is good she is still even the 4th choice at this point, and in line if someone gets injured/something happens. Her best case at this point is that 1st alternate unless 1 of the 2 girls really bombs at Europeans. Even if Anna did she is reigning World Champion and came 3rd at Nationals to her 7th, so I am not sure if that would even be enough. More likely it would be Trusova, not Anna, who has to bomb there for her to have a chance to replace her on the team.

Sonata

I predict Elizaveta will end up going to worlds for her final bow. Her season is not done. But unfortunately, I don’t think her Olympic dream will be happening.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
If Anna has to pull out of Euros due to injury, would that then trigger a skate off, if Tuk replaces her and skates well?

I feel for everyone involved in this situation. Tuk for perhaps watching someone who is not 100% get an Olympic berth, Anna for needing to compete while not 100%, possibly sacrificing being in better condition in Beijing as a result, argh...the humanity. LOL

briancoogaert

For Russia, the choice wouldn't change a lot of things, IMO, since the top 9 at Russian Nationals can be on the podium at Euros, Worlds or Olympics. :p
But, I would send the top 3 at Nationals without any hesitation. I think it should be unfair to send Tuktamisheva over the top 3 at Nationals.
The only way Tuktamisheva should go is : 1-One of the top 3 is injured. 2-One of the top 3 bombs at Euros.

Primorskaya

Russian Fed said ages ago that they'll only confirm their Olympic team after Euros so don't waste your breath. Why would they paint themselves into a corner if one or more skaters aren't in 100% health? It's not like we'll have to wait long to know anyway...

Marco

I think any combination of 3 skaters from Kamila, Sasha, Anna and Liza can sweep the Euro podium and likely be sent to the Olympics. So not sending Liza means her fate is likely sealed.

Honestly, if I am TPTB, I would leave Kamila home and let the other 3 fight for the 2 spots. Or if they have faith in Sasha's recovery, let her stay home and have Anna and Liza fight for the last spot.

Fadeevfanboy

I think any combination of 3 skaters from Kamila, Sasha, Anna and Liza can sweep the Euro podium and likely be sent to the Olympics. So not sending Liza means her fate is likely sealed.

Honestly, if I am TPTB, I would leave Kamila home and let the other 3 fight for the 2 spots. Or if they have faith in Sasha's recovery, let her stay home and have Anna and Liza fight for the last spot.

I agree on all of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information