what's in your skatebag?

FSWer

say,what's in everyone's skatebag here? i have....2 sets of guards,2 sets of laces,2-3 pairs of gloves,3-4 drying clothes for my blades and my skates. what about you all?

Clarice

Oh dear. Too much stuff, I fear. Skates, soakers, moisture/odor absorbers in my skates, hard guards, two pairs of gloves, skating socks, gel ankle sleeves, towel for drying blades, CD wallet, a pair of leg warmers, a roller for sore muscles, a zipper pouch with screw drivers and first aid stuff, a giant pair of furry mittens, extra laces, and a booklet of dance patterns. I think that's everything!

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
My skates, soakers, one pair of guards, one hand towel for drying, one pair of gloves, one pair of spare laces, a packet of tissues, a zip-loc baggie full of bandaids because I'm a klutz, a paper printout of the ISA Elementary pattern test, a paper printout of the ISA required elements for Adult competition sheets, and a screwdriver.

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
Right now I have: skates, two towels (one for drying my blades, one for wrapping my gel ankle sleeves), my gel ankle sleeves, a deodorizing monster thing, hard guards, soakers, two pairs of gloves, some plush flowers (no, really), a paper sheet with the freestyle times for one of my rinks, my CD with my program music, the stuff I clean up with after skating, clear tape, small scissors for cutting the clear tape, a really old iPod with ice dance music on it, lip balm, and a Dr. Who bracelet.

treesprite

I have too much stuff to even list. It is divided between my skate bag and my rink staff locker, both of which are kept at the rink in the staff area. My locker has a padlock, so I keep my skates in there.

likevelvet

Guards, extra laces & tights, 2-3 pairs of gloves, bunga pads, headbands and hair ties in their own little bag, a tiny makeup and skincare kit, boot covers, Kleenex, water bottle, extra socks, CDs and headphones, an extra pair of contacts :)

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
My skates (well, duh!), towel to dry blades, gloves, second pair of soakers I keep meaning to remove, blade guards, water bottle, scarf, boot warmers, bandaids, notebook & pen, lace tightener I never use, and my old iPod Touch which only has compulsory dance music on it.

Last edited:

MadMac

Other than my skates: blade guards and soakers, aerosol deodorant, extra mittens, extra socks, extra legwarmers, a towel for my skates, a lace puller, some tissues, chapstick, a baggie of quarters, patches from the FS levels I've passed, public skating passes, and a hair clip. And I JUST cleaned it out.

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Aside from the obvious skates, guards, soakers, gloves, and a drying towel:
  • Eight billion gel ankle sleeves in various states of smelly, decaying glory, even though I use only one pair on the reg
  • 15 round cosmetic pads for my navicular bone floating about, none of which I can find when putting on my skates
  • 2 homemade boot warmers that I no longer can use because I wear heat molded boots now, and swear I will constantly take out of my bag, but somehow never do
  • 1 bag of First Aid/Self-Care things: Tylenol, Arnica cream & tablets, Emergen-C, cough drops, band-aids, etc. None of which I use because I constantly delude myself into thinking I'm not sick and just skate around, trailing germs behind me in the hopes that I take out my rink rivals
  • 1 large bag to store additional gel and cosmetic pads, because apparently I can never find the ones I use, so hey, might as well have even more of them
  • Extra skate laces and a lace puller that I haven't used since the age of 7, but somehow I've convinced myself to keep in the bag just in case this is the day I forget how hands work
  • A roll of clear hockey tape to keep my laces secured during competitions and somehow can never remove after competing and ultimately just cut off in disgust with the Swiss Army knife in my bag
  • 1 ballet skirt, shoes, and legwarmers, in case no one has figure out that I Am An Artist And Think Constantly About My Craft (actually I wear the legwarmers because I don't use socks and have to keep my skates warm somehow)
  • 40 copies of my program music on CD all burned to high-quality discs at 1X speed to ensure it doesn't glitch, even though I spent a ton of time uploading MP3s into Entryeeze or whatever, AND YET SOMEHOW the rink will lose said music in physical format
  • A planner and enormous binder for planning, tracking progess, because apparently there's room still left in this thing?

Lipinski boy

Two pairs of stretchy tights, two pairs of gloves, skate guards, skates (of course) towel (to wipe ice off boots and blades,) and a random “lucky” hockey puck I found on the ice years ago, which I keep in a side pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information