WHAT DO ALL OF US SKATERS HERE DO FOR BOTH ON-ICE/ OFF-ICE TRAINING?

FSWer

Say,we haven't talked about this for a while...but...what do all our Skaters her do for both On-Ice and Off-Ice Training? Please include what you do for training in each of your Disciplines. For example...as an Ice-Dancer in training, for On-Ice Training I am working on my One-Foot Glide,Swizzles,2-Foot Hop and Combos. For Off-Ice Training, I am practicing standing on one-Foot, with a 2-min. Jog. As well as doing 10 Leg-Kicks, and 30 High-Knees Walks and 30 Toe-Walks and Squats (lol. if I remember). What about all our other Skaters here?

gkelly

You remind me, when I was having trouble getting through my programs I used to do 2-minute jogs outside to build up my stamina.

Sporkzilla

On-ice: FI mohawks, backward edges, two-foot spin, getting spirals, lunges, and shoot-the-duck back, getting jumps back, pivots, increasing speed/control, ISI beta-gamma test moves.

Off-ice: I'm a runner/cyclist so I usually stick to a training plan related to event distance.
I have vol. 1 and vol. 2 of these, but haven't had a chance to work them into my routine: New York City Ballet Workout, vol. 1 and vol. 2. The ab workout in vol. 1 is pretty crazy!

What I need to do: more strength training and stretching!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information