Vaytsekhovskaya's interview with Soloviev `Olympic season is not the time for changes'

MAXSwagg

Well since all judges and all commentators agreed that it wasn't a fall and the RULES say it wasn't a fall than you can write that it was a fall about a 100 more times and it still wouldn't change the reality in which it wasn't a fall.
Oh and by the way - even it it was a fall (and it's not) and they would have gotten the one point deduction they still would have won. But I just love your logic in which if you write something enough times it will somehow become a reality.

More excuses. lol how how people say "Oh, he JUST completed the circle so the fall wasn't on the step sequence." I find that very funny and pitiful. Judges were practically salivating wen they announced their return (also funny how they return when they know Davis and White are retired :lol: ). How they whined and complained that Marina favored another team and borderline tried to perpetuate some fix as the reason they lost in Sochi reallly rubs me the wrong way. But Canadian skaters always do this type of "word play."

angi

More excuses. lol how how people say "Oh, he JUST completed the circle so the fall wasn't on the step sequence." I find that very funny and pitiful. Judges were practically salivating wen they announced their return (also funny how they return when they know Davis and White are retired :lol: ). How they whined and complained that Marina favored another team and borderline tried to perpetuate some fix as the reason they lost in Sochi reallly rubs me the wrong way. But Canadian skaters always do this type of "word play."

If by "excuses" you mean stating the facts according to the ISU rules booklet than you are spot on. You don't get to call fact excuses just cause you feel like it, you bring zero concrete evidence other than using the word "lol" several times and then you went on and dissed every Canadian skater. Real class act but I guess that what you do when things don't go your way and you have no ground to your complaints.

professordeb

Interesting reality you are living in regarding the past. Let's see
1) Judges salivating over the return of V/M -- I didn't read that anywhere, to be honest. If anything, the talk was more about how the sport had changed and that V/M likely couldn't adjust to the changes. They proved that they are still very much at the top of their game.
2) When V/M announced their return, D/W hadn't publicly announced their retirement. Even during the 2016/17 season there was still no word as to whether or not they were retiring. I remember reading an article that had them saying they could train for just the 2017/18 season and be as good as ever. I *think* they (D/W) may have announced that they are retired but this announcement came well after V/M said they were coming back, and well after the season had started.
3) It seems you don't like the rules of dance when they are applied to V/M -- Scott DID NOT fall. Yes, he touched the ice with hand but the definition of a fall includes a part of whether there is a change of balance. Here is some video for you to look at around the 1:48 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSQofAkprrs
If you were to take a look at their marks for the Circular Stepwork they received deductions for this "non-fall". They received a level three for the element (as called by the Technical Panel) and a GOE of .53 -- what more would you have as a deduction. Looking at the GOE of the judges, even they seemed confused as to whether or not there was a "fall" with -2 GOE from the judges of Spain, USA and Russa. All the other six judges gave them a positive GOE. In addition, if you look at the scores of the FD, you will note that V/M were second to P/C. Here is a link to the FD ID scores
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/wc2017/wc2017_IceDance_FD_Scores.pdf
The most laughable score was 8.75 for V/M's SS by the US judge.
There is an ISU communication which lays out what is considered a fall and how to deal with such. Unfortunately I cannot find it at this time, but I know it has been part of my discussion with others regarding the FD.

Bellanca

A very thoughtful, in-depth interview. Considering the many and varied comments in the thread, I conclude that all is well and everything is as it should be in ice dance land. :drama: :watch:

MAXSwagg

Interesting reality you are living in regarding the past. Let's see
1) Judges salivating over the return of V/M -- I didn't read that anywhere, to be honest. If anything, the talk was more about how the sport had changed and that V/M likely couldn't adjust to the changes. They proved that they are still very much at the top of their game.
2) When V/M announced their return, D/W hadn't publicly announced their retirement. Even during the 2016/17 season there was still no word as to whether or not they were retiring. I remember reading an article that had them saying they could train for just the 2017/18 season and be as good as ever. I *think* they (D/W) may have announced that they are retired but this announcement came well after V/M said they were coming back, and well after the season had started.
3) It seems you don't like the rules of dance when they are applied to V/M -- Scott DID NOT fall. Yes, he touched the ice with hand but the definition of a fall includes a part of whether there is a change of balance. Here is some video for you to look at around the 1:48 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSQofAkprrs
If you were to take a look at their marks for the Circular Stepwork they received deductions for this "non-fall". They received a level three for the element (as called by the Technical Panel) and a GOE of .53 -- what more would you have as a deduction. Looking at the GOE of the judges, even they seemed confused as to whether or not there was a "fall" with -2 GOE from the judges of Spain, USA and Russa. All the other six judges gave them a positive GOE. In addition, if you look at the scores of the FD, you will note that V/M were second to P/C. Here is a link to the FD ID scores
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/wc2017/wc2017_IceDance_FD_Scores.pdf
The most laughable score was 8.75 for V/M's SS by the US judge.
There is an ISU communication which lays out what is considered a fall and how to deal with such. Unfortunately I cannot find it at this time, but I know it has been part of my discussion with others regarding the FD.

Darling, I don't need to see the video. I saw the MAJOR MISTAKE live.

MAXSwagg

If by "excuses" you mean stating the facts according to the ISU rules booklet than you are spot on. You don't get to call fact excuses just cause you feel like it, you bring zero concrete evidence other than using the word "lol" several times and then you went on and dissed every Canadian skater. Real class act but I guess that what you do when things don't go your way and you have no ground to your complaints.

What didn't go my way? I never said V/M didn't deserve to win. I'm a fan of both Scott and Papadakis/Cizeron. Piss poor reading skills, as per usual. And the whining IS fact. Plenty of examples, from Lloyd Eisler, that unbearable Jamie Sale, Duhamel, and Mr. Chiddy. It's well documented...

professordeb

Darling, I don't need to see the video. I saw the MAJOR MISTAKE live.
Well, SWEEKCAKES, it would seem that the tech panel and most of the judges disagree with you.
As for the whining, I would agree that Canada has their share of those who seemingly have done so BUT they are not the only country who has had skaters disagree with their marks. Whining is in the eyes of the beholder AFAIC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information