Update thread title

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member

Vagabond

Could one of the thread titles for next week's Grand Prix please be titled "Don't Look Back in Angers"? 🙏

Vagabond

Oleg Protopov has apparently passed away too. I think that keeping everything in one thread with an updated title might be the best way to go, but SHARPIE knows best. :notworthy:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Can an admin please correct the typo in this thread?

(recommendaation should be recommendation)

Vagabond

She’s touring at the moment. :shuffle:

Perhaps the thread should simply be closed.

Vagabond

The book has been published.

Vagabond

Should this be a separate news & updates thread in GSD? Or maybe this thread title could be modified to include the continuing saga of the 2022 Olympic Team Event medals & delayed ceremony?

February 26, 2024:

The PDF is copied out below.

MEDIA RELEASE
OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES BEIJING 2022 – FIGURE SKATING
THE COURT OF ARBITRATION FOR SPORT (CAS) REGISTERS FOUR APPEALS AGAINST THE RE-RANKING ANNOUNCED BY THE INTERNATIONAL SKATING UNION (ISU) IN RELATION TO THE FIGURE SKATING TEAM EVENT

Lausanne, 26 February 2024 - The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has registered the following appeals further to the announcement made by the International Skating Union (ISU) on 30 January 2024 by which the final standings for the Team Event in figure skating at the Olympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 were adjusted following the disqualification of the skater Kamila Valieva, a member of the Russian team:

CAS 2024/A/10354 Madeline Schizas, Piper Gilles, Paul Poirier, Kirsten Moore-Towers, Michael Marinaro, Eric Radford, Vanessa James and Roman Sadovsky, and, Skate Canada, and Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) v. International Skating Union (ISU), and, International Olympic Committee (IOC), and Russian Olympic Committee (ROC), and Figure Skating Federation of Russia, and, Aleksandr Galliamov, Victoria Sinitsina, Anastasia Mishina, Nikita Katsalapov, Kamila Valieva and Mark Kondratiuk

The Canadian Appellants in this appeal seek a ruling from CAS ordering the ISU to re-rank the figure skating Team Event at the 2022 Beijing Olympic Winter Games as follows:
i. United States of America: 67 points;
ii. Japan: 65 points;
iii. Canada: 55 points;
iv. ROC: 54 points;
v. People’s Republic of China: 52 points.

The Appellants further request that medals be awarded by the IOC, as follows:
i. Gold medal: United States of America;
ii. Silver medal: Japan;
iii. Bronze medal: Canada.

CAS 2024/A/10355 Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) v. International Skating Union (ISU)
CAS 2024/A/10360 Figure Skating Federation of Russia v. International Skating Union (ISU

The Appellants in these separate appeals both seek a ruling from CAS ordering the ISU to re-rank the figure skating Team Event at the 2022 Beijing Olympic Winter Games as follows:
(l) ROC - Gold medal;
(2) United States of America - Silver medal;
(3) Japan - Bronze medal.

CAS 2024/A/10356 Aleksandr Galliamov, Nikita Katsalapov, Mark Kondratiuk, Anastasia Mishina, Victoria Sinitsina and Kamila Valieva v. International Skating Union (ISU)

The Appellants in this appeal are the athletes of the ROC figure skating team at the 2022 Beijing Olympic Winter Games who seek a ruling from CAS ordering the ISU to re-rank the figure skating Team Event at the 2022 Beijing Olympic Winter Games with the ROC team in first place and with the gold medal being awarded to the ROC athletes.

All four CAS arbitration procedures have just commenced. Given the early stage of the proceedings, no indication can be given as to when a hearing may take place, if any.
As the thread starter, I suggest either closing the old thread and starting another or renaming the existing thread. I don't think that it's necessary to have two separate threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information