UK's New Registered Traveller Service: US and Canadian Citizens Eligible

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I just received an email from NEXUS about the UK's new Registered Traveller service. For people who do a lot of travel between or passing through the US and/or Canada and the UK -- perhaps @Louis and/or Sweets, especially since Louis is earning in GBP :) -- it might prove worth the 70 GBP fee for the first year and 50 GBP each year after:

You are receiving this message because you have been identified by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as a U.S. citizen or Canadian citizen enrolled in the NEXUS program. CBP would like to inform you that the United Kingdom now operates an expedited entry program called Registered Traveller and you may be eligible to apply.

Registered Traveller is a new service launched by the UK Border Force to give faster and more convenient entry to the UK for eligible nationals from the United States and Canada. Membership of Registered Traveller costs £70 in the first year and £50 per year thereafter.

Complete details of Registered Traveller eligibility and availability can be found online at www.gov.uk/registered-traveller.

Membership of Registered Traveller includes the following benefits:

· Access to ePassport gates at participating airports across the country
· Use of the UK / EEA queue at participating airports across the country
· Not needing to complete a landing card on arrival to the UK
· No credibility interview with a Border Force officer.

Registered Traveller is already proving popular with members, who have provided praises such as, “This is an excellent service, it is efficient, extremely well run and very effective. I would highly recommend this service,” and “Well done Britain. Fast, secure, easy. Great service and timesaver, and remarkably easy to set up. Thanks to all the people who made this possible.”

You can apply for Registered Traveler online now at www.gov.uk/registered-traveller.​

D

Deleted member 221

I just received an email from NEXUS about the UK's new Registered Traveller service. For people who do a lot of travel between or passing through the US and/or Canada and the UK -- perhaps @Louis and/or Sweets, especially since Louis is earning in GBP :) -- it might prove worth the 70 GBP fee for the first year and 50 GBP each year after:

Thanks, already did it, and just picked up my very official, handwritten membership card at the airport! (I guess immigration officers need to have good penmanship :lol: )

UK is not part of the Schengen area, so entering and leaving the UK means three passport stamps -- two from the destination country, and one from the UK! :yikes: At the rate I've been going, I'd need a new passport by end of year since adding extra pages to an existing US passport is no longer an option. I figure Registered Traveller prolongs my passport by another year by reducing the number of stamps per visit from three to two.

The airport queues for immigration can also be quite long. I have not had a bad experience coming from the US, since the flights tend to arrive in the early morning, but Sunday nights or holiday weekends can mean an hour or more in line :scream:. I think the £70 fee is worth it for the convenience of skipping the line if you come to the UK at least twice a year; definitely if you come three or more times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information